Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [TRADE] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson

It was one for one

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sigh. This one's tough for Oiler fans! Hall wouldn't have won the Hart if he stayed in Edmonton? Damn, good for Hall. I like him as a player and even more after listening to his speech upon receiving his award. Here's hoping Larsson can defence the shit out of the position next year...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Pretty safe to say that Hall wasn't the problem for the Soilers.

Dobber Sports Icon

Hey don't forget the Loui Eriksson for Tyler Seguin trade! Chiarelli traded the top 2 picks in that draft for spare part waiver fodder. How does that guy have a job?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Larsson traded for the 2017-18 Hart Winner....

Fire CHIA pet!
    Larsson and the Oilers have 6 playoff wins since the trade; Hall now has one playoff win in his career. The Oilers have 89 wins in the past two years while the Devils have 73. (the year before the trade the Devils had 38 wins to the Oilers 31)

Which team became better with this trade?

Should the Oilers have received a 2nd or 3rd round pick in addition to Larsson? Probably but that would not have helped them at all up to this point or probably ever (Musil, Moroz, Roy, Hamilton, Marincin, Pitlick are all of their 2nd round picks since 2010). Hall has admitted that he was a big baby in Edmonton and he grew up last summer. (I paraphrased a bit) Who knows if that would have happened had he stayed in Edmonton but my guess is no because Hall does not seem to have the personality to be the 2nd fiddle which he would still be in Edmonton.

Which top 5 is more balanced for the Oilers for next year?

RNH - McDavid - Draisaitl
    Klefbom - Larsson

Hall - McDavid - Draisaitl
    Klefbom - Benning (or Sekera or Russell)

The Oilers remain a better team with having Larsson in their lineup and not Hall.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Larsson and the Oilers have 6 playoff wins since the trade; Hall now has one playoff win in his career. The Oilers have 89 wins in the past two years while the Devils have 73. (the year before the trade the Devils had 38 wins to the Oilers 31)

Which team became better with this trade?.
    Too funny. I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe... just maybe the Oilers "success" over the past two years might have a *bit* more to do with that McDavid dude than the addition of Larsson

I find it comical how some Oiler fans are still defending the Hall trade. There's blinders... and then there's hallucination LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Hey don't forget the Loui Eriksson for Tyler Seguin trade! Chiarelli traded the top 2 picks in that draft for spare part waiver fodder. How does that guy have a job?
    He’s the saviour. Just ask Edmonton fans 9 months ago who need hindsight instead of forward thinking.

Dobber Sports Padawan

always good to revisit old trade threads lol

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I find it comical how some Oiler fans are still defending the Hall trade. There's blinders... and then there's hallucination LOL
    There's hallucination, and then there's flat-out derangement.

How the Oilers are better off with one Hart winner as opposed to two is beyond me.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Should the Oilers have received a 2nd or 3rd round pick in addition to Larsson? Probably but that would not have helped them at all up to this point or probably ever (Musil, Moroz, Roy, Hamilton, Marincin, Pitlick are all of their 2nd round picks since 2010). Hall has admitted that he was a big baby in Edmonton and he grew up last summer. (I paraphrased a bit) Who knows if that would have happened had he stayed in Edmonton but my guess is no because Hall does not seem to have the personality to be the 2nd fiddle which he would still be in Edmonton.

Klefbom - Larsson

The Oilers remain a better team with having Larsson in their lineup and not Hall.
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Too funny. I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe... just maybe the Oilers "success" over the past two years might have a *bit* more to do with that McDavid dude than the addition of Larsson

Hey man. When you can use wins to justify a decision in a high variance team sport where the absolute best players play 1/3 of the game and have an ability to impact far less than that, you have to do it.

Klefbom - Larsson

Oh PS. The answer to the question is the Devils became much much better with the trade. In case that was unclear. “Paraphrased a bit” lol

Dobber Sports Titan

What's worse, Hall for Larson, or the 2015 15th overall pick, and 33rd overall pick for Reinhart?

Def the second one where the 15th overall pick just won the Calder after scoring 85pts in the season.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    What's worse, Hall for Larson, or the 2015 15th overall pick, and 33rd overall pick for Reinhart?

Def the second one where the 15th overall pick just won the Calder after scoring 85pts in the season.
    a close 3rd is the signing of Lucic - where Chia actually stole Nonis' line on the Clarkson signing "were not worried about the last years of the contract"

and an honorary mention to Eberle for Strome.

I do really wonder though, does Hall become near the player he was this year if he stayed in Edmonton? He was really burned and hurt by that trade. Dude joined Tavares last summer in Toronto to train (1st time he's done that) and really, really committed himself in the offseason. He had been getting by a lot on natural talent until last summer.

He grew up and became a professional last year. I don't think he puts up 90 in 17/18 if he were still with the Oilers.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

a close 3rd is the signing of Lucic - where Chia actually stole Nonis' line on the Clarkson signing "were not worried about the last years of the contract"

and an honorary mention to Eberle for Strome.

I do really wonder though, does Hall become near the player he was this year if he stayed in Edmonton? He was really burned and hurt by that trade. Dude joined Tavares last summer in Toronto to train (1st time he's done that) and really, really committed himself in the offseason. He had been getting by a lot on natural talent until last summer.

He grew up and became a professional last year. I don't think he puts up 90 in 17/18 if he were still with the Oilers.
    Personally I think it's the Barzal one. At least the return on Hall was a player who plays. And like you said, I don't think Hall would have the fire he did this yr if he wasn't traded. But having Barzal would let you be deeper at center, having Draisaitl play with McDavid, or McDavid play with someone who's actually fast with Barzal.

Barzal on that team, even if he only gets 50pts, would be ridiculously good. His speed just screams ability to play with McDavid.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Personally I think it's the Barzal one. At least the return on Hall was a player who plays. And like you said, I don't think Hall would have the fire he did this yr if he wasn't traded. But having Barzal would let you be deeper at center, having Draisaitl play with McDavid, or McDavid play with someone who's actually fast with Barzal.

Barzal on that team, even if he only gets 50pts, would be ridiculously good. His speed just screams ability to play with McDavid.
    I left the Hall/Larsson & Reinhart/17/33 trades as #1 & #2 worst deals by Chia... what's likely even worse.. is I doubt Chia takes Barzal at #17
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4