Poll: Western Conference Quarterfinals: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (8) Los Angeles Kings

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Quarterfinals: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (8) Los Angeles Kings

Dobber Sports Monster

Gotta get some sleep early day at work but I wanted to close the night with this. Lots of talk whether its here, on twitter or elsewhere that the Nucks were behind the 8 ball going into Kings series cause of Keith's hit on Sedin etc etc.

The Kings got the job done, Quick was sensational, Brown was awesome, the Kings deserved this series and IMO the way Quick has been playing , more than likely even with a healthy Sedin they still would win the series.

Great season for Canucks, now lots of questions on " Whats next" during off season. They had a run, they are a very good team still, but ran into Quick and he shut it down. It happens....

Kings deserve a ton of credit and I wish people would put the Keith thing away, its over and done with. Teams find a way to win with and without key players...happens all the time.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Impressive... maybe woulda been more impressive if it wasn't followed by:
    7. Mike Green rebounds to his 70 point form
    8. The Leafs make the playoffs
    I kid, you also nailed Richards (Brad) being under 80pts.

I don't think that Daniel playing the first 3 games would necessarily have changed the outcome, but with how well the Kings played (and they were damn good) the fact that he was missing was more important. In a sloppy series it would have mattered less, but these games were anything but easy-going.

Now the real question: Who opens the season in goal for Van?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Impressive... maybe woulda been more impressive if it wasn't followed by:

I kid, you also nailed Richards (Brad) being under 80pts.

I don't think that Daniel playing the first 3 games would necessarily have changed the outcome, but with how well the Kings played (and they were damn good) the fact that he was missing was more important. In a sloppy series it would have mattered less, but these games were anything but easy-going.

Now the real question: Who opens the season in goal for Van?
    Yeah, hopefully I'll have more success next year with those predictions. Hey hey, you just hit 2K!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Banned

this isn't simply running into Quick. The Canucks stunk this series, period. Saying "they had a good season" is a joke.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well that's one fearless forecast I made down. Can't say I'm sad to see Vancouver gone, although it's not gonna mean much if Chicago can't pull it out in their series.

Jon Quick just totally stole this series for LA. Vancouver had the goaltending to win, but 8 goals scored in 5 games isn't gonna win you too many series'.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    this isn't simply running into Quick. The Canucks stunk this series, period. Saying "they had a good season" is a joke.
    They did have a good season -- they had a brutal postseason.

Looking back, I've got to wonder if they couldn't have used Hodgson these past 5 games. Not saying he's a star, but he did have a knack for timely goals, and he'd have done a heck of a lot more than Gragnani and Kassian.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quick didn't steal any series. LA played an excellent team game through the entire series.
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Looking back, I've got to wonder if they couldn't have used Hodgson these past 5 games. Not saying he's a star, but he did have a knack for timely goals, and he'd have done a heck of a lot more than Gragnani and Kassian.
    Everything I've seen from Kassian in the NHL has been weak. I might be off due to not seeing him that much and I'm not doubting his potential, but he didn't really play like a power forward in my eyes.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Disappointing outcome but not really surprising given the circumstances. LA played great, Sutter coached a great series. Quick may not have 'stolen' the series per say but he did a damn fine job of stopping the Canucks whenever they did manage to get a shot (no matter how flimsy) through.

Missing Daniel....yeah definitely not the deciding factor by any stretch. As a good friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) pointed out to me, injuries happen (no matter how stupid the incident was). The team on the ice simply didn't give it their all when the going got tough.

Some hard off-season decisions to make. Luongo really got screwed here. Schneider gave it his all and really showed off his talent.

Really disappointed in Kesler. Still remember that article from The Province that talked about how AV sat Kesler down in front of tape of Toews in the 2010 off-season and told him that was how he needed to play. His antics in the early-goings of the series were just not needed from him. Hodgson...not certain he would have helped a whole lot but said it at the time and will say it again, would have liked to see them acquire some help for now instead of two futures in Kassian and Gragnani.

Oh well. Still appreciate the team for what they are. They had a good season...disappointing post-season. Now to root for STL

The Wolverine

As a Flames fan the only positives I can take from this season are the Oilers being even worse and Canucks getting knocked out. I'll take it.

Now back to the CFPGA (Calgary Flames Professional Golfing Association)...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    They did have a good season -- they had a brutal postseason.
    no they had a shitty regular season too... You gotta remembre, they won presidents trophy but keep in mind they played minnesota/edmonton/calgary/colorado A LOT, and none of them made the playoffs.

so really, their presidents trophy looks shinier than it really is.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    no they had a shitty regular season too... You gotta remembre, they won presidents trophy but keep in mind they played minnesota/edmonton/calgary/colorado A LOT, and none of them made the playoffs.

You're right that the division play was a factor, but to turn around and say they had a shitty regular season is way overblown.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lol, b0ndon.

Anyway, good to see you looking at the whole thing level-headed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

well that's an exaggeration Dutch, they aren't a 'shitty' team but you make a good point for sure, that's an extra 8 games against divisional opponents that were non-playoff teams, its hard to argue that they would have been as dominant without that advantage