Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT! Pool wants to veto my trade - please provide me ur thoughts...thx so much!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default IMPORTANT! Pool wants to veto my trade - please provide me ur thoughts...thx so much!

League and team settings down below.

I received:
    C/W - Datsyuk
    W - Kessel
    1st round pick 2011

I gave up:
    C - Spezza
    W - Heatley
    5th round pick 2011

Here is the initial thread from last night that I made when I was contemplating the trade.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...ad.php&t=85488

Sorry for the repeated thread, but I wanted to change the title so more people respond as somehow this trade is getting veto votes, and it is pool policy that a trade gets posted on an external site if it is going to be vetoed, so everyone in my pool will view this thread.

Please let me know if you think this trade is veto-worthy. My opinion is that it isn't even close to veto-worthy, but I could be wrong I guess. My league+team settings are listed below so please view them at your convenience. Thank-you
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Star

No veto.

See my arguments in this thread: http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=85350

The fact that you have proof (the existence of the other thread) that you thought about it and the trade was entered into in good faith should be more than enough to satisfy any concerns your league might have about your intentions.

Repeat: the only valid reason to veto a thread is because the two GMs involved are cheating/colluding. The concept of "veto-worthy" itself is flawed. Don't get dragged into any arguments about the value exchanged because it is entirely irrelevant to the discussion. Forget the ideas of winning or losing the trade... the only thing to determine here is if the trade was mutually agreed by two GMs for a benefit they each perceived.

If GMs are looking to veto on the basis of value exchanged, they're petty little brats who need to grow the hell up, and you need to find yourself a league with adults in it. Bad trades happen, and "protecting the league" is a sorry-ass justification for preventing GMs from managing their teams how they like. Sorry to come off so strongly, but without cheating there should be no veto, no matter how lopsided the trade may be.

Repeat: the value exchanged should not enter the discussion.
    Last edited by fantasyhockeygeek; November 2, 2010 at 5:08 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wouldn't veto that
    9 team points only keeper, no position. Count top 12 skaters and 1 goalie. Keep 16

S: Crosby, Vanek, Pavelski, St Louis, Thornton, Marleau, Karlsson, Letang, Iginla, Elias, Simmonds, Atkinson, Marchand, Lindholm, Hornqvist, Wilson, Pietrangelo

G: Rask, Schneider, Bishop

8 team Yahoo H2H - Keep 17: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,+/-, PIM,Hits,S,FW...W,L,GAA,SV%,S/O

C: Giroux (C,RW), Seguin (C,LW), Benn (C,LW), Johansen (C, RW), Filpulla (C, LW) Kopitar, Bozak, Bjustad, Monahan
    W: E. Kane, Kunitz, Palat, Tarasenko, Saad, Komorov
    D: Hedman, Franson, Trouba, Reilly, Letang, Brodie, Vatanen
    G: Rask, Lundqvist, Andersen
    P: Gibson, Allen, Klingberg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

if your league vetoes that trade you should quit the pool. That trade is downright difficult to pick a winner. I truly can't decide but I'd lean towards Spezza Heatley.

Dobber Sports Pro

GMs should not be basing a veto off of strength of one team over the rest. Trades should be gauged on quality of players both sides receive and this one is no where near lopsided.

Kessel scores goals... that's about it. Heatley and Spezza do both very well when healthy.
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Padawan

This trade is pretty equal maybe the spezza side is better now but if you turn that 1st rnd pick into something then the trade will lean in your favor.

this is no where near vetoable( is that a word lol)

I think I would leave this league if its veto'd, the only vetos that should happen if there is cheating involved. Everyone will make bad trades(this is not one) even happens in NHL look at luongo for todd bertuzzi. I wonder how many GMs in the NHL wanted to veto lmao.

Last edited by subcrazy; November 2, 2010 at 5:14 PM.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Stud

Not remotely vetoable. Like iglooinhabitant said, there's not even a clear winner in this deal, much less a lopsided winner.

The Magnificent One

wow sucks that you wont beable to keep one of datsyuk and kessel bc in the end i would probably rather have heatley as my keeper.

That being said i dont see a reason to veto this. i dont think either team got much stronger. I think maybe they dont like that you have malkin and ovechkin and now you are also getting a 1st rounder as well. but that shouldnt be veto worthy.

like everyone else i think this is pretty fair and shouldnt be veto worthy.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by CommittedToTheIndian View Post
    Not remotely vetoable. Like iglooinhabitant said, there's not even a clear winner in this deal, much less a lopsided winner.
    exactly...

your league members are ******ed if they are trying to veto that deal. If this deal is veto'd, then pretty much any other deal will be veto'd too. Your league league might as well not even allow trades.

This is just so stupid.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Icon

fairly even trade, maybe slight advantage to the Spezza side but not by a lot. I can't believe some of the trades that are raised for veto.

I know it is hard to do, but if I made this trade (getting either side) and it got vetoed, I would leave the league immediately. How the hell are you supposed to build a team when you have to worry about this crap? "Well he has accepted and we are both happy with the deal, but will it be allowed?"

Garbage. Leave the league and find a better one, there are always leagues looking for GM's on this site.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not even close to a veto. What a bunch of wahhhhhbabies.
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Banned

what kind of fückwits do you have running your league that they would seek to veto a fair trade and prohibit you and the other GMs from managing your own teams as you see fit? When the veto is being used in this manner it is being used for all the wrong reasons...rather than seeking to prevent cheating its being used for the selfish ends of the other GMs in the league. You have to be a pretty big ******* to veto a trade like this just because you might perceive that it lends an advantage to one team or another...in that case your motivation in using the veto is COMPLETELY selfish and has absolutely nothing to do with the integrity of the league. I refuse to play in lame ass leagues like that because I prefer to play with men, not with children, I suggest you do the same

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    No veto.

See my arguments in this thread: http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=85350

The fact that you have proof (the existence of the other thread) that you thought about it and the trade was entered into in good faith should be more than enough to satisfy any concerns your league might have about your intentions.

Repeat: the only valid reason to veto a thread is because the two GMs involved are cheating/colluding. The concept of "veto-worthy" itself is flawed. Don't get dragged into any arguments about the value exchanged because it is entirely irrelevant to the discussion. Forget the ideas of winning or losing the trade... the only thing to determine here is if the trade was mutually agreed by two GMs for a benefit they each perceived.

If GMs are looking to veto on the basis of value exchanged, they're petty little brats who need to grow the hell up, and you need to find yourself a league with adults in it. Bad trades happen, and "protecting the league" is a sorry-ass justification for preventing GMs from managing their teams how they like. Sorry to come off so strongly, but without cheating there should be no veto, no matter how lopsided the trade may be.

Repeat: the value exchanged should not enter the discussion.
    Could not have stated it any better than hockeypoolgeek.

Dobber Sports Padawan

http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Stud

I am so happy not to be in any leagues that would consider this a veto... It's not that lopsided and depending on what I had on my team I could see myself taking either side.

If they nullify this trade they should just change the rules to no trades.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper