Poll: Canucks vs Oilers

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    How dare McDavid be standing there to get double crosschecked post game.

Physically existing in a space isn't a cop out for Soucy for a crosscheck he was aiming to get at the players chest.
    Who said it was?

I'm saying the league has made it abundantly clear they are unwilling to protect their stars, so the stars need to be smarter.

I don't think a single word in my post validated Soucy's actions. That still doesn't change McDavid has to be smarter knowing the other team is always going to be targeting him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That crosscheck was in the face direction whether the crosscheck to the back was happening or not. He wasn't going to hit him in the torso.
    It was going to hit him in the shoulders. McDavid goes down nearly a head height and Soucy still catches him only on the chin.

It happened so regardless should be getting something which "Safe to say Soucy will miss at least one game" seems correct to me.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ninja

This thread is as expected!

Bring on Game 4!

Dobber Sports Novice

Re: McDavid incident
    The Bryz said it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSwOH5Y2jik
    It's only game. Why you have to be mad?

BUT let's say that the Oils don't win 3 straight - which seems pretty likely - that will make about 2/3rds of the pole vote wrong. Took 3 games in until someone finally picked Oilers in 7...

Did you really think it'd be easy for Edmonton?
    TKL - Tiered Keeper League - 2/4, 4/6, 5/rest + 1 GK - 4c, 4r, 4l, 6d, 2gk, 5bn

JTMiller, Aho, Ek, Kopitar
    Rantanen, Barzal, Palmieri, Bratt
    Forsberg, Hagel, Stutzle, Joshua
    Fox, Weegar, Doughty, Forsling, Rielly, McCabe
    Manson, Pinto, Frost, Hertl, Henrique
    Oetter, Grubauer

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Who said it was?

I'm saying the league has made it abundantly clear they are unwilling to protect their stars, so the stars need to be smarter.

I don't think a single word in my post validated Soucy's actions. That still doesn't change McDavid has to be smarter knowing the other team is always going to be targeting him.
    Stars don't engage they get ragged on, 'gritty' stars engage and get praised for being "pot stirrers". McDavid engages, and likely gets a player suspended on the other team and he gets ridiculed for doing the wrong thing.

Some stars can't win.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

Soucy gets one game suspension.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by IRSlotsFull View Post
    Re: McDavid incident
    The Bryz said it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSwOH5Y2jik
    It's only game. Why you have to be mad?

BUT let's say that the Oils don't win 3 straight - which seems pretty likely - that will make about 2/3rds of the pole vote wrong. Took 3 games in until someone finally picked Oilers in 7...

Did you really think it'd be easy for Edmonton?
    Yes the Oilers and the analyst did. Jason Gregor went on Canucks radio and basically said that the fans were so happy to be playing the Canucks and that he see's no worries at all. He said that it will be a lot different when they play Dallas or Colorado next series.

And the only reason Saucy got a game was because of McDavid. What a joke but the league needs to do their best to help the Oilers win.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Yes the Oilers and the analyst did. Jason Gregor went on Canucks radio and basically said that the fans were so happy to be playing the Canucks and that he see's no worries at all. He said that it will be a lot different when they play Dallas or Colorado next series.

And the only reason Saucy got a game was because of McDavid. What a joke but the league needs to do their best to help the Oilers win.
    God you're such a typical Canucks fan and I love it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post

I think he'd get the same thing if that was any other Oiler. He's lucky it's only one game. The only thing that kept it from being longer is we're in the playoffs and most suspensions are cut in half at this time if the year.

That was a dirty play and if that was someone like Nurse doing that to any Canuck, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

I won't lie, I hope the Oilers start Pickard in the next game. The way the Oilers are controlling the play, they just need someone to stop the puck, not steal the game. Right now they aren't getting that from Skinner.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Stars don't engage they get ragged on, 'gritty' stars engage and get praised for being "pot stirrers". McDavid engages, and likely gets a player suspended on the other team and he gets ridiculed for doing the wrong thing.

Some stars can't win.
    Is slashing someone on the shin pads after the game ends being “gritty” and “engaged”? Man the definition of that really has lightened up. It’s not like he pulled a Pasta and actually fought, which still would have dumb but at least would be the thing you’re talking about. Probably wouldn’t have left himself open to that Zadorov cross check if he was engaged and not swinging from a stick length away.

Dobber Sports Pro

Agree the two hand slash was something you would expect out of a teenage girl. even after getting crosschecked he wasn't bleeding like the nucks star he sticked.

on another note:

How bad is it? Skinner not only has the worst numbers of any netminder to start a game in Oilers postseason history. But he is also the NHL’s worst playoff performer in the salary cap era by a sizable margin. Of all 69 goalies since 2005 with at least 15 playoff appearances, Skinner ranks dead last in save percentage with an .881 mark in 20 games. He’s worse than Kari Lehtonen’s .887 (19 games) and Nikolai Khabibulin’s .898 (15 games) – and that’s not a small sample size.
    https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/oi...under-pressure
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, KA Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin
    Zherenko

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Agree the two hand slash was something you would expect out of a teenage girl. even after getting crosschecked he wasn't bleeding like the nucks star he sticked.

on another note:

How bad is it? Skinner not only has the worst numbers of any netminder to start a game in Oilers postseason history. But he is also the NHL’s worst playoff performer in the salary cap era by a sizable margin. Of all 69 goalies since 2005 with at least 15 playoff appearances, Skinner ranks dead last in save percentage with an .881 mark in 20 games. He’s worse than Kari Lehtonen’s .887 (19 games) and Nikolai Khabibulin’s .898 (15 games) – and that’s not a small sample size.
    Then there's a LOT of teenage girls playing in the playoffs right now, because it's going in both directions, on all teams.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post

I can't help but to think of the recent discussion of where Skinner ranked as a goalie in a dynasty league. Yes, he's in a great location but how confident are you about his overall talent? IIRC this site had him ranked #4. I don't know about that.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Hercules

Ok, so you talk to some people (canucks fans) and people were maaadd the Soucy crosscheck clip didn't include the slash and were giving Soucy a reason why he reacted. Then people are like "that's a tap and nothing" lol.

I don't think the slash was a gritty play (I didn't say it was). It was him being in the middle of something (just physically being there). He was physically engaged by doing something and being there, not gritty though.

I was trying to say Players like Matthews get ragged on for doing nothing because he doesn't want to get hurt. M.Tkachuk gets praised for being a pot stirrer. McDavid engages in something, and does something that just is like "hey don't" type of slash and he gets scolded for being there. If he skates away people are like "what a baby!".

I hope that makes sense, it was pretty much saying players who don't get in the middle of things typically, when they do people get upset.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Then there's a LOT of teenage girls playing in the playoffs right now, because it's going in both directions, on all teams.
    If only I was a teenage girl, I’d be in the NHL right now. On second thought ….

I’m just glad someone didn’t say it’s boys being boys as a way to accept the grittiness after the whistle.

Actually all the face washing, stick poking, grabbing, jawing around the net after every save, every whistle is part of the game this time of year. Every team, every series.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson