Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Yes as a thought to the level of importance of it to Putin, not about blame.

Would you want to though?
    I don't care so much about myself, but I ache to think of our children and their children's children being deprived of this magical world we live in.

And all for what?

The fragility of one man's ego.....

Nobody should wield that much power.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    And here I thought you were leaving. Having a hard time locating the log off button up top?
    Why did you think I was leaving? I asked how to you delete yourself from the forums. You and I both don't know. It's a mystery to both of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I just hope Putin struggles similarly to find a certain button if he decides to do something drastic as well!
    Lolol!

Is Putin all threats too?

Dobber Sports Star

That one is going to sting the pocket book for Ovechkin. I think I read somewhere that he gets something like $500k a yr from CCM for endorsements. That's a big one.
    Everything I have read suggests they will still pay him, but just quit using him in ads etc.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

A Canadian former QMJHLer playing in Ukraine talking about how he got out of there as the tanks were rolling in:

https://www.tsn.ca/NHL/video/now-saf...kraine~2392948

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Star

So what is it that Putin wants? Is it legitimately the NATO threat he doesn't like? Is that just a ruse? I know that The Ukraine has huge resources in iron, natural gas, coal, lumber, uranium and food.

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

He simply wants to put in a puppet govt like the one he has in Belarus. He feels that Ukraine is still part of Russia and actually believes the whole country wants Russian ways of life. It’s only the eastern Ukraine that has any ties with Russia (since being “liberated” by Putin). But news out of that region doesn’t favor Putin at all. They are wondering why he took this over aggression and the population is second guessing his motives on everything. This is an example of a very bad man in power, something we’ve seen before unfortunately…
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Everything I have read suggests they will still pay him, but just quit using him in ads etc.

Rylant
    Well that's garbage and a meaningless act.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Why did you think I was leaving? I asked how to you delete yourself from the forums. You and I both don't know. It's a mystery to both of us
    LOL! Yes, I clearly misunderstood you're last post. (Insert sarcastic face here)

My point still stands. If the only contribution you're offering here is to argue politics, you're in the wrong place. If you disagree with this stance, feel free to contact Dobber yourself and he himself can tell me I am in the wrong. I dont expect that to happen. Sports forum with a small political section in it, not a political forum. Go search online for one of them if that's what you're interested in talking about all the time.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Hercules

Well that's garbage and a meaningless act.

I'm sure they have no legal grounds in their contracts to pursue voiding them. Or at least guys like Mikheyev or Malkin who haven't said anything about Putin ever.

It's as meaningful as pulling Russian vodka off LCBO shelves when they've already been bought from Russian vodka companies.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

LOL! Yes, I clearly misunderstood you're last post. (Insert sarcastic face here)

My point still stands. If the only contribution you're offering here is to argue politics, you're in the wrong place. If you disagree with this stance, feel free to contact Dobber yourself and he himself can tell me I am in the wrong. I dont expect that to happen. Sports forum with a small political section in it, not a political forum. Go search online for one of them if that's what you're interested in talking about all the time.
    The Fuhrer has spoken!

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    How can I delete my account?
    Off track but you did say....It's pretty clear what the question was meant as. And if it's not what you meant then that's on you not the reader.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

If YOU don't want people commenting on political topics on the political forum then maybe that's your own problem.

Discuss this with Dobber and get him to remove the political section of the forum if it bothers you so much.

Or is this a directive from Dobber himself? To maintain some sort of quota that needs too be measured in terms of how much political vs hockey content each specific user account needs to maintain before you decide you're going to give a ban out?

You're being utterly silly.

The issue is not with discussing political topics specifically. The issue is with political topics being ones which end up causing a lot of nastiness between people. There are other, much more reasonable, options. Like closing threads that have clearly crossed the point of no return in terms of healthy dialogue. Yes, this is a subjective and somewhat arbitrary thing to do, but it would likely solve a lot more of the problems, much quicker, than trying to tell people they must maintain a certain quota of hockey dialogue if they want to participate in the political side of the forums.

The other option is just to eliminate the political forums all together.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    If YOU don't want people commenting on political topics on the political forum then maybe that's your own problem.

Discuss this with Dobber and get him to remove the political section of the forum if it bothers you so much.

Or is this a directive from Dobber himself? To maintain some sort of quota that needs too be measured in terms of how much political vs hockey content each specific user account needs to maintain before you decide you're going to give a ban out?

You're being utterly silly.

The issue is not with discussing political topics specifically. The issue is with political topics being ones which end up causing a lot of nastiness between people. There are other, much more reasonable, options. Like closing threads that have clearly crossed the point of no return in terms of healthy dialogue. Yes, this is a subjective and somewhat arbitrary thing to do, but it would likely solve a lot more of the problems, much quicker, than trying to tell people they must maintain a certain quota of hockey dialogue if they want to participate in the political side of the forums.

The other option is just to eliminate the political forums all together.
    I've already sent Dobber an email last night. Thank you. Awaiting a reply and direction.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I've already sent Dobber an email last night. Thank you. Awaiting a reply and direction.
    Email to delete the political forum?

If so... do political threads that end up in the Lounge get deleted ASAP as well??

This would be awesome!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Awesome!