Page 19 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I am not so sure about that. You have your cult of Trumpers but there are enough logical Republicans that value human life over the economy. Gonna be fascinating/horrifying to watch.
    Is there? I’m not really sure anyone can be confident about that at this time.

Hercules

Trump is pretty much thinking it's going to be cleared up in 20 days. Easter is April 12th, or 12 business days (Good Friday is the 10th).

I don't really get the whole, "look at Italy" now. We've gone a completely different path than Italy with "self distancing" and closures. We haven't gone as far as we should, but we're better than Italy. Due to the changes we've made to lessen the burden on the health system, we should be expecting this to go longer, and slower than Italy/China.

We're like 6-8weeks away from stability, and prolly 16 weeks away from normal life. Quick rise in numbers = Quick drop in numbers. Slow rise in numbers = slow drop in numbers. We're the slow rise. We're in for this altered lifestyle for a long time.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

The numbers will continue to rise. Canada is still repatriating people from a lot of countries, and those seem to to be the majority of new cases that are showing up daily. What they should be doing is isolating those being repatriated in one central location, be it hotels, CF Bases, anything other than letting them go home. Im not confident that they are smart enough to actually self-isolate enough to avoid spreading this around. If they were quarantined together, then it's easier to deal with. Its all about containment.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Is there? I’m not really sure anyone can be confident about that at this time.
    I hope so. The article I posted yesterday spoke of how people get an idea about Trumpers and Republicans based on what we see online and on the news. But so often those are people at his rallies who you know are completely brainwashed or some outrageous sound bite to sell an article. The article cited the data about the number of voters in key demographics that Trump has lost in every election since 2016. However, it still dumbfounds me that 55% of the US approves of Trump’s handling of this pandemic. Obviously, they are not paying attention.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I hope so. The article I posted yesterday spoke of how people get an idea about Trumpers and Republicans based on what we see online and on the news. But so often those are people at his rallies who you know are completely brainwashed or some outrageous sound bite to sell an article. The article cited the data about the number of voters in key demographics that Trump has lost in every election since 2016. However, it still dumbfounds me that 55% of the US approves of Trump’s handling of this pandemic. Obviously, they are not paying attention.
    A week ago I heard that 55%-60% approval for how Trump was handling this stat, turns out the original stat (a week ago) did a poll of like 200 people. And if you take a poll of 200 people at a Trump rally of some sort, 55% is terrible lol.

Those approval polls with Trump are always using a small sample size, and who knows where they get these people.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Ninja

One of the big challenges is that if social distancing etc is done right, then number of deaths will be less than what they should be. For those who think social distancing is stupid, they will see the low numbers and claim that everyone overreacted. There is literally no way to combat a lack of critical thinking.

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    One of the big challenges is that if social distancing etc is done right, then number of deaths will be less than what they should be. For those who think social distancing is stupid, they will see the low numbers and claim that everyone overreacted. There is literally no way to combat a lack of critical thinking.
    People who don't understand the seriousness of this will never see the seriousness unless a loved one catches the virus badly, sadly.

Businesses who don't shutdown will say, "look, we didn't need to shutdown" and the one's that in the next couple of weeks will think, "we eeked out a couple of extra-money making days and it only cost us x number of employees catching COVID-19".

It's terrible the idiocy that is happening around this.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's infuriating that one greedy, moronic, self-serving world leader can single-handedly undo the world's collective progress in the fight to stop this thing.

I've gotta believe others in the Whitehouse who have integrity and better judgment will muster up the courage to do the right thing and stand up to him, even if it costs them their jobs.

Someone's gotta stop this guy before he reopens the US for business and sacrifices hundreds of thousands of lives.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's infuriating that one greedy, moronic, self-serving world leader can single-handedly undo the world's collective progress in the fight to stop this thing.

I've gotta believe others in the Whitehouse who have integrity and better judgment will muster up the courage to do the right thing and stand up to him, even if it costs them their jobs.

Someone's gotta stop this guy before he reopens the US for business and sacrifices hundreds of thousands of lives.
    Again, I mean. Look at everything that's come out and been overlooked or swept away. There hasn't been much in the way of integrity in the White House or Republican party since 2016.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

It's not just one person at all. It's the entire party and all those who support it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    It's not just one person at all. It's the entire party and all those who support it.
    LOL!
    This post sums up perfectly why the democratic party ("and all those who support it") are a laughing stock.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    LOL!
    This post sums up perfectly why the democratic party ("and all those who support it") are a laughing stock.
    Funny... because I think he was referring to that other party.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

So far the results in the US suck. I'm just happy to be living in a fairly isolated city in Canada.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Funny... because I think he was referring to that other party.
    Yes, and they'll all be silent when they realize that President Trump will adjust his "reopen for business" plan accordingly, if testing (and his experts) suggest he must.
    All he's saying is that the "cure can't be worse than the disease." This is pragmatism, people.
    He's trying to give people hope, while the Dems/Libs, including some of them in here, are fear mongering. Simple as that. Mark my words, Easter will roll around and he will probably be forced to announce that his plan for reopening was too optimistic. In the meantime, he is trying to be hopeful. For the sake of the people.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Yes, and they'll all be silent when they realize that President Trump will adjust his "reopen for business" plan accordingly, if testing (and his experts) suggest he must.
    All he's saying is that the "cure can't be worse than the disease." This is pragmatism, people.
    He's trying to give people hope, while the Dems/Libs, including some of them in here, are fear mongering. Simple as that. Mark my words, Easter will roll around and he will probably be forced to announce that his plan for reopening was too optimistic. In the meantime, he his trying to be hopeful. For the sake of the people.
    That's fair enough, but in doing so he is spreading the message to his followers that this isn't as serious as it seems, and a lot of people in the US aren't doing the things they should be doing.

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear" - Trump

"This is pragmatism, people" - Auston'sWilly