Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think we do this often, but shouldn't we end in round 24 or 26?

Right now we're in round 25, ending on pick 300. The final round has the team who has pick #1 finishing with the first round pick in round 25. We've made comments mid draft on this, but it's literally picks 289-300, so I don't know if people care.
    Gooooooooooooooood call that does always come up.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Gooooooooooooooood call that does always come up.
    It does always come up... I am okay with not messing with the determined roster.

In all seriousness when it gets to the last 2-3 rounds... the guy that is on top of your list is usually the guy that you get. Not may players get stolen from you in round 24.

I think last year I submitted a list of 3 pitchers for someone to draft for me in the 2nd last round. They got me the top guy of the list in the 2nd last round. Then the 2nd guy on the list was still available for my last round pick.

I think it is more important to go with the roster set-up that everyone likes and has agreed upon, then to worry about an even/odd number of draft rounds. And this is coming from someone who drafts at the back end of the draft this year.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    It does always come up... I am okay with not messing with the determined roster.

In all seriousness when it gets to the last 2-3 rounds... the guy that is on top of your list is usually the guy that you get. Not may players get stolen from you in round 24.

I think last year I submitted a list of 3 pitchers for someone to draft for me in the 2nd last round. They got me the top guy of the list in the 2nd last round. Then the 2nd guy on the list was still available for my last round pick.

I think it is more important to go with the roster set-up that everyone likes and has agreed upon, then to worry about an even/odd number of draft rounds. And this is coming from someone who drafts at the back end of the draft this year.
    That is also a good call haha. I'm going to add this to the list of things for next year.

Thanks for remembering 2014OG

Hercules

This is my keeper leagues lineup:
    C
    1B
    2B
    3B
    SS
    CI
    MI
    4 OF
    Util
    5 SP
    2 RP
    2 P
    3 BN
    2 DL

For a total of 24 draft rounds. But I personally don't reaaalllyyy care for the CI/MI position. But I really don't think it matters, but maybe cut a Util position if we're cutting a round.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

[/B]For a total of 24 draft rounds. But I personally don't reaaalllyyy care for the CI/MI position. But I really don't think it matters, but maybe cut a Util position if we're cutting a round.
    Yes cutting a Util position is what I would want to do in the future.....instead of cutting a Bench spot.

Big Daddy

I was all for cutting the Utility spot during this season’s votes. I’m still for that idea. I don’t see the need for 2 UTIL when we are already carrying 4 OF.

Dobber Sports Titan

There goes Machado. Harper next, and then our draft can get started hopefully without any snags.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    There goes Machado. Harper next, and then our draft can get started hopefully without any snags.
    Guess they better hope some of those prospects turn out to be studs.

The Wolverine

Any of you guys interested in joining a 20 team, one year roto league on Yahoo? There's one space available, and I know others in the league getting the word out so likely first come first served.

Here are the settings:

Draft Time: Wed Mar 20 12:00am GMT (Tuesday Mar 19 7pm EST)
    Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute
    Cash League Settings: Not a cash league
    Max Teams: 20
    Scoring Type: Rotisserie
    Player Universe: All baseball
    New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them
    Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
    Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
    Trade End Date: August 18, 2019
    Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Waiver Mode: Standard
    Allow injured players from waivers or free agents to be added directly to injury slot: No
    Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
    Trade Review: Commissioner
    Trade Reject Time: 1 day
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Max Games Played: 162
    Max Innings Pitched: 1475
    Roster Changes: Daily - Tomorrow
    Start Scoring on: Wednesday, Mar 20
    End Scoring on: Sunday, Sep 29
    Make League Publicly Viewable: Yes
    Invite Permissions: All Managers Can Invite
    Send unjoined players email reminders: Yes
    Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL
    Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
    Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

PM me if you're interested.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Any of you guys interested in joining a 20 team, one year roto league on Yahoo? There's one space available, and I know others in the league getting the word out so likely first come first served.

Here are the settings:

Draft Time: Wed Mar 20 12:00am GMT (Tuesday Mar 19 7pm EST)
    Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute
    Cash League Settings: Not a cash league
    Max Teams: 20
    Scoring Type: Rotisserie
    Player Universe: All baseball
    New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them
    Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
    Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
    Trade End Date: August 18, 2019
    Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Waiver Mode: Standard
    Allow injured players from waivers or free agents to be added directly to injury slot: No
    Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
    Trade Review: Commissioner
    Trade Reject Time: 1 day
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Max Games Played: 162
    Max Innings Pitched: 1475
    Roster Changes: Daily - Tomorrow
    Start Scoring on: Wednesday, Mar 20
    End Scoring on: Sunday, Sep 29
    Make League Publicly Viewable: Yes
    Invite Permissions: All Managers Can Invite
    Send unjoined players email reminders: Yes
    Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL
    Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
    Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

PM me if you're interested.
    Any of you guys interested in co-managing?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Any of you guys interested in co-managing?
    I just cut a couple leagues. I think I'll hold off for now, as fun as it sounds.

On another note, what time Monday are we starting the draft? In other words, when is JX3H around to make pick 1?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    On another note, what time Monday are we starting the draft? In other words, when is JX3H around to make pick 1?
    Who even is JX3H? I didn’t see any posts from him in this thread.

Hercules

Sounds like Machado is actually going to be playing 3B for the Padres with Urais at SS. Don't know what that means with Myers (3B last yr), Hosmer (1B, Myers other position), and their 3OF (Margot, Renfroe, and Reyes). They also have the Number 2 Prospect in Tatis who is a SS.

Dumb signing by the Padres unless they plan on moving some prospects for pitching, and even then, I don't see this being a good team move unless they sign Harper. They still don't have a whole lot going on for them. They only won 60-some-odd games last yr. Machado adds, maybe 9wins?

Their pitching was so bad, they only had 4 pitchers throw over 100ip, and all 3 had over a 4ERA in a pitcher friendly park (ones a Jay now). They had 25QS out of their pitching staff all year (minus Richard, with Richard it's 36), 5 pitchers had 25+ on their own! They won't do anything this yr unless they end up doing more. Harper+Pitching makes me think the team signing Machado is worth it. Right now...NOPE.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Big Daddy

Harper has been rumoured/linked with Philly the entire offseason and now all the sudden San Francisco is in on him.

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Harper has been rumoured/linked with Philly the entire offseason and now all the sudden San Francisco is in on him.
    I think Harper is wanting to go to a winner more than Machado, but he's def looking to get more than Machado. Whoever is willing to pay him is gonna get him. 10yr 325mill, that's the price prolly.

Harper in Philly is what I would prefer to see, but Philly may be looking 2 yrs ahead and see Trout not so happy in LAA. Trout is a Philly guy (Eagles fan). You sign Harper, might instantly take them out of the Trout possibility.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G: