Poll: Penguns or Flyers

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers

Crosby - Guentzel 6g 7a - EACH!! a combined +17 -- gawdy totals to say the least. Wsh-Pitt is what you hope for in the 2nd round. Another slug fest.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Thats BS. They could call it. At times they gave Philly 4 or 5 penalties in a row.

I think the Refs need to start asking themselves two questions:

1) If Crosby was on the receiving end of that would we call it a penalty?

2) If Crosby did that to someone else would we call it a penalty?

That lumberjack slash that lead to the 6th goal.. that was deflating and it should never have been allowed. Even if the Penguins were on the Penalty kill at the time...

A Penalty is a penalty... and it shouldn't matter which team Crosby is on, or which end of the penalty Crosby is on, or if Crosby's team was just recently on the penalty and Crosby might bad-mouth me for making the call after the game.

There is WAY too much bias in reffing, commentating and media in the favour of Crosby and it is getting old.
    Lol. *Jennifer Lawrence Laughing.gif*

Dobber Sports Deity

I must say, Couturier really established himself as a legit 1C, if he hadn't already during the regular season. What a series for that kid. I wish Big Ev was still around so I could tell him "I told you so" in regards to his upside and scoring abilities.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I must say, Couturier really established himself as a legit 1C, if he hadn't already during the regular season. What a series for that kid. I wish Big Ev was still around so I could tell him "I told you so" in regards to his upside and scoring abilities.
    That pass from his own zone on the Laughton goal. Oh my lord. Perfection.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That pass from his own zone on the Laughton goal. Oh my lord. Perfection.
    And the move on the breakaway goal.. I couldn't do that with two good knees... let alone with a torn MCL.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

I wish Big Ev was still around
    Me too!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Me too!!
    I think our reasoning could be different there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

They definitely could have and should have called that on Letang. No doubt there. There were 7 other goals.

This just in, Philly needs a goalie.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

I think our reasoning could be different there.
    HaHaHaHa..

Dobber Sports Legend

My Top- 10 thoughts from this series ...

1. Sean Couturier is an absolute animal and established himself as a legit #1C and cornerstone of the Philadelphia Flyers.

2. Ivan Provorov is a machine. 30 minutes a game, all-situation beast with the heart of a lion. Future captain material.

3. Sidney Crosby is clearly the best player in the world, and has been, undisputed in my book, for the last 2+ years with no legit competition. McDavid can't touch him ... yet.

4. Carter Hart better be the real deal, and soon, because the Flyers goaltending is a complete dumpster fire.

5. Radko Gudas has zero hockey sense, or common sense for that matter.

6. Phil Kessel dead looks like half the beer league players I play with, but he gets it done.

7. When he's on his game, Geno Malkin is as scary as them come.

8. Claude Giroux is a complete fraud and has Philly fans (and some lazy media) fooled into thinking he's some MVP. He should be traded before he has zero value. "Fraud Giroux", new name.

9. There will be no three-peat this year. The Pens will not make it through the West, unless the Jets or Preds lose 3-4 key players along the way.

10. The secret to beating the Pens is quite simple for any team willing to get dirty - pound their defense viciously every chance possible. If the Flyers did that starting Game 1, instead of respecting them way too much, they legitimately could have won this series in 7. Letang can be rattled and Schultz+Maatta absolutely hate being touched.

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    6. Phil Kessel dead looks like half the beer league players I play with, but he gets it done.
    This is hilarious and exactly how I feel.. It makes me chuckle every time I see him on tv.. Getting off the bus, walking into the rink, on the bench, during interviews, etc. Phil Kessel is hilarious.. He looks like a little kid.. But damn is he talented..

Dobber Sports Jedi

My Top- 10 thoughts from this series ...

1. Sean Couturier is an absolute animal and established himself as a legit #1C and cornerstone of the Philadelphia Flyers.

2. Ivan Provorov is a machine. 30 minutes a game, all-situation beast with the heart of a lion. Future captain material.

3. Sidney Crosby is clearly the best player in the world, and has been, undisputed in my book, for the last 2+ years with no legit competition. McDavid can't touch him ... yet.

4. Carter Hart better be the real deal, and soon, because the Flyers goaltending is a complete dumpster fire.

5. Radko Gudas has zero hockey sense, or common sense for that matter.

7. When he's on his game, Geno Malkin is as scary as them come.

8. Claude Giroux is a complete fraud and has Philly fans (and some lazy media) fooled into thinking he's some MVP. He should be traded before he has zero value. "Fraud Giroux", new name.

9. There will be no three-peat this year. The Pens will not make it through the West, unless the Jets or Preds lose 3-4 key players along the way.

10. The secret to beating the Pens is quite simple for any team willing to get dirty - pound their defense viciously every chance possible. If the Flyers did that starting Game 1, instead of respecting them way too much, they legitimately could have won this series in 7. Letang can be rattled and Schultz+Maatta absolutely hate being touched.
    11. Guentzel continues his surreal playoff performance from last season

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    This is hilarious and exactly how I feel.. It makes me chuckle every time I see him on tv.. Getting off the bus, walking into the rink, on the bench, during interviews, etc. Phil Kessel is hilarious.. He looks like a little kid.. But damn is he talented..
    Yes he is. Looks like he's gonna have a heart attack during every line rush but his shot is absolutely lethal, and he gets points in my book for challenging Giroux after the hit on Hagelin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    11. Guentzel continues his surreal playoff performance from last season
    That goes without saying. Was going to mention Guentzel but wanted to stick with 10 thoughts lol. The kid is clutch as all heck.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Giroux was an utter disappointment this series. What a joke.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yes he is. Looks like he's gonna have a heart attack during every line rush but his shot is absolutely lethal, and he gets points in my book for challenging Giroux after the hit on Hagelin.

- - - Updated - - -

That goes without saying. Was going to mention Guentzel but wanted to stick with 10 thoughts lol. The kid is clutch as all heck.
    Shades of Brett Hull.. heh...

JG... I thought needed some love as an honourable mention... It's clear - Crosby wants the three-peat and really cement his status in NHL lore/history. Might be the most motivated I've seen him since his rookie season.