Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Questions - July 17

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by rjis4nu View Post
    Dobber, I'm in a keeper league and was curious who you would drop if you had to drop 2. For D-men, its strictly points only, G and A count the same. A lot of the young guys are not in my starting linup yet as I can only start 5 Dmen max per week. Head to head league. As you can tell, I hoard Dmen like I hoard chicken wings.....

Which 2 would you drop?

Mike Green
    Drew Doughty
    Andrei Markov
    Alex Goligoski
    Michael Del Zotto
    Keith Yandle
    Erik Karlsson
    Oliver Eckman-Larsson
    Alex Pietrangelo
    John Carlson
    Kevin Shattenkirk
    Ryan Ellis
    Bobby Sanguinetti
    Sanguinetti because his future is the least certain of the above, and Ellis because he is the furthest away.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudawg View Post
    Hey Dobber,
    I've kept Fleury and Price the last 2-3 seasons now, but it looks like I'm gonna have to hang on to Rask this year, even though like you I'm all about Price's upside.

As for my other 4 keepers, is there any reason why I should consider Spezza over Nash, Iginla, St. Louis, and D.Sedin?

Thanks.
    Yes, Rask over Price I think, but it's a tough call given that Price has no Tim Thomas to steal a job back.

Spezza over Iginla because they'll get similar points, but Spezza 'could' get 15 more if he does what he did in Feb/March all of next year.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Point + SOG, PIM +/-

What order do you draft these defensemen?

Boyle
    Keith
    Karlsson
    Doughty

Starting my new keeper league draft and thinking drafting D in with my 13th overall pick. Or is that too soon for a player of these calibers?
    Keith
    Karlsson
    Doughty
    Boyle

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by kingshockeygm View Post
    just a quick rundown... after all the movement wanna see where they rank with eachother

Elliott
    Budaj
    Dipietro
    Ellis
    Giguerre
    Leclaire
    Lehtonen
    Leighton
    Nittymaki
    Pavelec
    Smith

Thanks
    Updated goalie rankings will be up on Tuesday. But let me take a stab. I would never own DiPietro and Budaj, and I can stick Leclaire and Giguere at the bottom of the list I would own. So that's easy. Next:

Nittymaki
    Leighton

big gap

Pavelec
    Elliott
    Smith
    Ellis

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Updated goalie rankings will be up on Tuesday. But let me take a stab. I would never own DiPietro and Budaj, and I can stick Leclaire and Giguere at the bottom of the list I would own. So that's easy. Next:

Nittymaki
    Leighton

big gap

Pavelec
    Elliott
    Smith
    Ellis
    Isnt Ellis TB's starter?
    Head-to-Head/ yahoo/ 16 teams/ dynasty league

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (HIT), (BLK)

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    hey d man i've got your prospect report and hats off. awesome.

keeper league, would you rank these with a quick reason why. thanks in advance.

nino
    connolly
    tarasenko
    burmistrov
    skinner
    granlund
    johansen

Thank you, and love the Pearl Jam avatar

In my league I would draft Nino first, because the situation for him in NYI is appealing to me. After that, I would probably change my mind about the order every five minutes. Why? because they are 18...and after the first three or four promising 18yearold forwards, there are about six or seven that you can just lump together, close your eyes, and grab one and he has an equal chance of fantasy greatness as any other. You list the six or seven. I don't like Skinner's situation that much in Carolina, I don't like how Connolly had such a serious injury last year, so I may be inclined to slide them down the list. But you really can't go wrong with any of them after Nino

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by billymac View Post
    Wuzzzuupp Dobber!

I'm in a new dynasty league starting this year. I already have drafted H. Sedin, D. Sedin and P. Datsyuk. Need to get a RW but Spezza, Lecavalier and Zetterberg are still available. Best RW available is Iginla then drops to Kessel. Do I take best player available or fill an empty position at RW?

Who would you select next?

Spezza
    Iginla
    Lecavalier
    Zetterberg

I don't pick again for 20 picks.

Thx!!
    You have two C already so I would go Iginla. If you wait until next pick you might get stuck with a Patrick Eaves!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Hey Dobber your stuff is great, quick question for you,

Where do you think Alexander Frolov will end up for next season? I really hope that he signs in the NHL, but I have a bad feeling he will go to Russia.

I have a trade in my keeper league that will only get done if Frolov signs with an NHL team. It is David Backes for Alex Frolov.

I am the one shipping Frolov out.

What are your thoughts on Frolov's future, and this trade? Thanks a lot!
    If your league counts PIM it's a fantastic trade. I'm 50/50 on him going - very uncertain. Actually, I'm 60/40 that he's gone.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by NHLSim Jackets View Post
    Hi Dobber,

I would like to have your thoughts on these players. Next year and mid-term...

- James Wisniewski
    - Antoine Vermette
    - Travis Hamonic
    - Oscar Moller
    - Dustin Penner

Thanks!!
    My 7000th post

JW - band-aid boy who could get to 50 if he ever stayed healthy, but he won't. I consider him a 40-point guy.
    AV - should post 60-70 points a year going forward now that he's crossed the 60 threshold
    TH - ranked 90th on my dmen prospect list, several years away and upside in the high 40s
    OM - starting to strike me as more two-way. May not fit into LA's top six plans in the long term, but he's young yet so there's still a chance. As a two-way, his upside would be 60.
    DP - peaked. I don't know how he did what he did, and with a better team around him he should do better, but I don't trust him to. Wouldn't surprise me if he does worse

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dobber, thanks for this.

What do you think about the situation with Niemi in chi? Will he be their long term starter? Is he worth going after and what do you see his numbers like next year?

I have an offer on the table for him but am hesitating cause of his arbitration situation.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Pro

Dobbs, I've heard and read Angus say he doesnt expect Alex Burrows to repeat his numbers from this season. What do you think for next-year and long-term?
    He said himself he hopes to be back for training camp but let's assume he misses the first 2 weeks of the season to be safe.

And also; I'll probably be starting the season with a D of Doughty, Subban, Carlson, Mcbain, and whoever I draft as 5th D. Can I still compete with such a young D?
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Zammer View Post
    Details in Signature...

Will Turco sign and undiputed starter? on a playoff team? (Was hoping for Philly or SJS) but optimism is dwindling. Any positive spin for me?

Defence Keepers? Where do you rate Gonchar, Markov, and Lidstrom in a keeper league? Tempted to keep all three and throw Turco, Ribeiro, Boyes, Sharp, and Briere all back into the sea. Crazy? Figure they all have baggage or limits. If Gonchar plays 3, Lid plays 2, and Markov more I am tempted.

What are thoughts on Hemsky? With incoming talent, upside looks more enticing than with Horcoff finally. Plus minus will hurt, but long-term keeper value looking much better imo. Sharp simply looks like a guy in line to be a 2nd PP unity and 2nd line guy for most of the next couple of seasons (not a keeper I want to build around). I love Ribeiro but hope to "steal" him back on draft day.

Agree with keepers or glaring disagreement?

Luongo, Kiprusoff, Gonchar, Markov, Lidstrom, D. Sedin, Hemsky, B. Richards.

If Turco lucks into a starting role on good team, then Lid or Richards might get dumped.
    Turco is done - look for a decline along the same lines as marty biron. Signing in Philly is his only hope, but even then not assured thanks to Leighton. Yes, keep those three D, Turco and Boyes cast them off. Hemsky - 79 points this year

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkeys View Post
    So after KShat how do the other Colorado defensive prospects stack up? What is their upside? What about Elliot in particular?
    I believe I answered this...then again, maybe I'm thinking of another mailbag, but I think I covered this, skim through the thread and see

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    One more Dobber...

Just read how high Babcock is on Brenden Smith, and that he sees him as an elite offensive D, who he expects to replace Lidstrom AND that he will be given every opportunity to make the team this fall. Have a look:

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/nhlnew...325/story.html

should I drop Goncharov for him? I need the player with the best chance of sticking this season, as I hope to contend!
    I agree Smith will be great, but I have a hard time seeing him get the NHL job this year. I'd keep Goncharov

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by deeper99 View Post
    i just wanna know if i can expect to have some juice from chara...

in point only league, 6 teams , goalers w=2 pts / s.o. 3 pts...

I make an offer: jo bernier and jon blum

and i give chara...

what do you think about this trade if it goes?
    awesome deal, good luck!