Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Questions - July 17

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by r22yu View Post
    Hi Dobber,

The team and categories are in my signature below.

Which six forwards would you keep?

I was thinking Backstrom, Staal, Spezza, Ryan... but them I'm lost between Benn, JvR, Backes, Vanek, Voracek, and Okposo??

I can keep an additional forward as my one Prospect, who would you hang on to? JvR, Benn, or Filatov? (Assuming JvR and Benn aren't part of the 6 forwards).__________________
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 6F, 3D, 1G (to max 3 years)
    4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G,5BN,2IR Roto-play 92games/position
    Player G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW
    Goalie W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C: E.Staal, Backstrom, Duchene, Spezza
    LW: Vanek, B.Ryan, Benn, Filatov
    RW: Okposo, Downie, Voracek, Backes
    D: Visnovsky, Kaberle, Enstrom, Golglinski, Neidermeyer, Foster
    G: Lundqvist, Rask
    IR:
    Backes and Vanek for the categories given. Benn as my prospect. Tough call though. May go Filatov depending on my mood (obviously some risk there).
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Neves View Post
    Hi Dobber, I would like some information with regards to upside & your personal opinion of the following Prospects that were not mentioned in your guide, thanks.

d-S. Elliot-col

d-Y. Alexandrov-bos

d-S. Vatanen-ana

f-B. Kozun-la

d-M. Noreau-min

f-M. Johansson-wsh

Following Prospects have to be signed in my keeper-league (strictly g+a=pts) will be placed on farm team, WORTH IT?

f-V. Zharkov-nj

g-K. Ramo-tb

f-C. MacIntyre-sj

THANKS.
    Elliot - 3 yrs away, 50-point upside (below Cohen, Shatt, Barrie in terms of upside)
    Alexandrov - upside in the 40s, will probably be awhile getting there. Should see some NHL games this year, but not full time.
    Vatanen - long ways off, but lots of potential. Ranked behind Elliot on my list (86th)
    Kozun - too small, long ways off. great upside if the gets here though
    noreau - he is in the guide - download it again
    johansson - great camp, impressing everyone. I had him pegged as a third-line checker with 55 upside, but he may sneak in as a second liner if he keeps going like this.

Maybe Zharkov is worth it. Other two no.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Default nino/conno/tara?

hey d man i've got your prospect report and hats off. awesome.

keeper league, would you rank these with a quick reason why. thanks in advance.

nino
    connolly
    tarasenko
    burmistrov
    skinner
    granlund
    johansen
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to select?

Wuzzzuupp Dobber!

I'm in a new dynasty league starting this year. I already have drafted H. Sedin, D. Sedin and P. Datsyuk. Need to get a RW but Spezza, Lecavalier and Zetterberg are still available. Best RW available is Iginla then drops to Kessel. Do I take best player available or fill an empty position at RW?

Who would you select next?

Spezza
    Iginla
    Lecavalier
    Zetterberg

I don't pick again for 20 picks.

Thx!!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kjell View Post
    Dobber,

In my various keeper leagues I have several "odd" mid-level players who I have a really hard time assessing their one year and long-term values for. Before shopping them for needs elsewhere, how do you score/rank their one year and long term upsides (points or overall values)?

Mikhail Grabovski
    David Jones
    TJ Hensick
    Alex Steen
    Matt Moulson
    Paul Gaustad
    Patrik Berglund
    TJ Oshie
    Vik Stahlberg
    Matt Lombardi

Thanks

Big list of players. If these lists get any longer, I may have to cap them b/c I'm trying to get to everybody
    Grabby - 55 point guy and I don't know if we'll see any more than that. Move him.
    Jones - Band-Aid Boy. Has some upside in the mid-60s, but one more injury would wipe out those hopes. Move him. Don't count on more than 45 from him until he can stay healthy.
    Hensick - last chance to make the NHL, otherwise career AHLer. Still first-line upside
    Steen - could be a 70-point guy, great sleeper this year. I'd keep
    Moulson - should be 55 point player, no more. unless he wins JT spot back
    Gaustad - no upside for points, also a band aid boy. Can't believe there's a market for him.
    Berglund - no value right now, but he'll be a great player. Definitely keep.
    Oshie - should be an energetic 70-point guy a la Dustin Brown. His reputation/value is much higher than that so move him.
    Stalberg - 70-point upside, but may be injury prone and is playing a little scared.
    Lombardi - still on the rise, but in Nashville how far can he rise? Mid-50s, maybe 60

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
    Hey Dobber, thanks for doing this. I'm in a limited H2H keeper league (keep 12) where I've finished 2nd two years in a row. My goalies are poor at best. I have Price, Bernier, Pavelec, DiPietro and McElhinney. My offense has been what has carried me to the cusp of the league championship, but its my goalies that have let me down.

With the keep 12, I'm keeping Price and Bernier and hoping to either swing a deal by trading my 1st rounder for Niemi, or possibly trading Lecavalier for Niittimaki + the 3rd overall pick in our waiver draft. My other two C's are Sedin and B. Richards. There is no farm team in this league.

So, my questions to you are:

Do you see Lecavalier returning to form at all this year or is he now just another 70+ point C?

Is the trade of Lecavalier for Niittymaki + the 3rd overall pick in the waiver draft adequate compensation for Lecavalier? Thanks.
    Yes I do. I would try and do that move with Richards instead of Lecavalier - and push him for a lot more Richards is sell high. He'll still get 80 or 85 points but 91 is ridiculous. Meanwhile, Vinny should get 80, with 100 upside.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
    Hey Dobber,

15 team keeper with $80 salary cap. 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G. The goalie cats are GAA, SV%. I have Brodeur $10.20, Price $4.00, and Neuvirth $3.00. I know we have all been waiting for Brodeur to drop off for a number of years, but with the additions on defense, he may still out up the numbers. That being said, I would have much more money to spend at our yearly auction draft to fill out my roster if I didn't protect him. I guess my question is what do recommend?

Puck
    Can you replace Brodeur at the draft? Only cut him loose if you can land a surefire starter and 30+ win guy. That is a big dollar hit, so you definitely have to consider it.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by IslanderFan View Post
    Dobber,
    E. Staal/Hossa FOR Hall/Eberle
    In a keeper league, positions matter, goals=2 points, assists=1 point....which two would you rather have?
    What an impossible question lol. Either go with the surefire 150-170 points, or take the kids who could give you just 100 points now and 190 later (or 150 now and 190 later). I think you gotta go with the proven commodities and kick yourself later.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Please give me your take on Zetterberg, and a possible deal involving him. Also, does John Blum get pp time this year?

I see him as more of a 75-80 point player, not the 90 pointer he used to be.

I may be able to move him for James Neal and Craig Anderson. Given that I lost Nabokov, I need a tender and Neal softens the blow. I like this deal. You?
    Blum - no. Not this year. Not even a lock for the team. (note: I haven't reviewed NSH yet in the guide, so take that answer with a grain of salt)

You are right about Zetts, simply because he is now prone to injuries. Injuries will stop him from seeing 90 again I think. If you need a goalie, then that's the deal to do for sure.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Hey Dobber
    Thoughts on Eric Christensen NYR, points this year, see top six duty on NYR, I'm hoping sleeper pick for this year, after how he ended up last season. NYR looks a little weak at center this year. hat the heck is Slats doing?

Eric Fehr - wash, breakout year?

Thanks
    Christensen is too streaky to hang onto a top six job. He'll get auditions there, with hot/cold results, but he'll see the press box too. Don't forget Anisimov will get more responsibility and MZA will get a look as well.

Fehr - maybe, but need some WSH injuries in order to get a chance. Still too far down the depth chart as is. I would bet on more of the same this year, and then next year a breakout when Semin leaves.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by afdZ24 View Post
    hey dobber,

can u give me pts potential for these individuals this year?

drury
    legwand
    moulson
    regin
    stagan
    grabovski

and which 3 would u choose in a h2h league with standard scoring for this year
    Likely? (off the top of my head)
    Drury 45-50
    Legwand 45-50
    Moulson 50-55
    Regin 45-50
    Stajan 52-58
    Grabby 48-53

Potentially (this year)?
    Drury 58
    Legwand 58
    Moulson 65
    Regin 60
    Stajan 62
    Grabby 60

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by KoHolga View Post
    So I need to choose my last keep between letang and zajac and I was wondering if you could give me a little help.... Its from the team in my sig
    Letang for sure

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Big list of players. If these lists get any longer, I may have to cap them b/c I'm trying to get to everybody
    Grabby - 55 point guy and I don't know if we'll see any more than that. Move him.
    Jones - Band-Aid Boy. Has some upside in the mid-60s, but one more injury would wipe out those hopes. Move him. Don't count on more than 45 from him until he can stay healthy.
    Hensick - last chance to make the NHL, otherwise career AHLer. Still first-line upside
    Steen - could be a 70-point guy, great sleeper this year. I'd keep
    Moulson - should be 55 point player, no more. unless he wins JT spot back
    Gaustad - no upside for points, also a band aid boy. Can't believe there's a market for him.
    Berglund - no value right now, but he'll be a great player. Definitely keep.
    Oshie - should be an energetic 70-point guy a la Dustin Brown. His reputation/value is much higher than that so move him.
    Stalberg - 70-point upside, but may be injury prone and is playing a little scared.
    Lombardi - still on the rise, but in Nashville how far can he rise? Mid-50s, maybe 60
    Much obliged
    BFHL - 2013 Champion, 2012 Champion, 2011 7th Place, 2010 Champion
    AHL - 2013 8th Place

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchierich View Post
    Thanks Dobber, in a one year league next year. Who would be your top 5 or so to draft after Crosby, Ovy. Keeping in mind that goals are usually a bit more valueable. D-men get 2 points and bonus points for PPG, SHG, GWG. So guys like Thorton are not usually in the top 5 - 10.
    Malkin
    Green
    Miller
    Brodeur
    Bryzgalov

If no goalies, then Keith, Stamkos, Kovalchuk

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    Hey Dobber,

Points only keeper...who do you like Simon Gagne or Vermette?

Also you have Schroeder pretty low on your Top 215 Prospects list. After his brief stint with the Moose and successful playoff do you see him jumping up on the list as he is getting closer to the NHL?
    He is pretty low, actually. Sometimes, you skim right past guys when you're staring at a spreadsheet. He'll be in the top 40 next update.