Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prospect draft..Rep

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Prospect draft..Rep

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I've seen alot of mumblings from scouts and writers who seem to think that Michkov will slide a bit because of the uncertainty. I dbn't think there's anyway he gets past Washington but how far do we think he can possibly slide if he does?
    Mock draft I saw had him going 6th.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I've seen alot of mumblings from scouts and writers who seem to think that Michkov will slide a bit because of the uncertainty. I dbn't think there's anyway he gets past Washington but how far do we think he can possibly slide if he does?
    With the caveat that everything is unknown, I think Washington at 8 is the lowest he could go. I like the idea that Arizona will go D at 6 and F at 12 because they need D prospects more than F prospects and at 6 they'll probably have their pick unless Montreal takes a D at 5. The Flyers then should take Michkov, but they also could use centers and defensemen more than wingers so maybe they might pass. With the large number of Russians in the fold and in the system, and the fact that they've sort of done this before with Kuznetsov, Washington shouldn't have any issue taking Michkov.

While we as fantasy managers tend to want to take the best guy available, period, we've all seen that on draft day, defensemen and centers, especially taller ones, go up and smaller wingers, tend to go down. It wouldn't be surprising to see smaller wingers like Michkov (and perhaps Zach Benson) slip a bit.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I haven't heard of a D man worth taking in the top 10. It could happen for a team desperate for D, but it would be a huge overreach. A more likely scenario would be for ARZ to trade down a few spots, maybe with WAS. I don't think Michkov slides past WAS.
    For Fantasy, I think Michkov won't slide past 5. Maybe Smith goes ahead of him but that would just be a GM who is short-sighted. In my league he's top 4 for sure, and I'm considering him at 2

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    I haven't heard of a D man worth taking in the top 10. It could happen for a team desperate for D, but it would be a huge overreach. A more likely scenario would be for ARZ to trade down a few spots, maybe with WAS. I don't think Michkov slides past WAS.
    For Fantasy, I think Michkov won't slide past 5. Maybe Smith goes ahead of him but that would just be a GM who is short-sighted. In my league he's top 4 for sure, and I'm considering him at 2
    Pre-season scout rankings and insider lists are consistently blown apart by GMs pull to draft defensemen and to a lesser extent, centers.

Bob McKenzie's final 2022 draft ranking based on all of his insider knowledge and consulting with experts led him to conclude that only 2 defensemen were going in the top 10: Nemec at 4 and Jiricek at 6.

https://www.tsn.ca/2022-nhl-draft-ra...nzie-1.1818580

But it ended up being Nemec at 2, Jiricek at 6, Korchinski and 7 and Mintyukov at 10. This is almost always the case. McKenzie in 2019 had Seider at 16 and Broberg at 15. They went 6th and 8th, respectively.

Defensemen move up on draft day, regardless of pre-draft lists made by third-parties. Taking a defenseman slated at 10-12 by media rankers at 6 isn't a huge overreach. It is what happens.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So here's my issue and I wouldn't mind hearing what others are saying. I feel like if you ha e the high pick you take fantilli of Carlsson or whatever and with MRS wonky timeline and dropping status (which is baffling to me)- maybe you can add him via trade???

To be clear I like michkov ahead of everyone in fantasy not named Bedard but none of those guys are getting moved aftertheyrw drafted... except maybe michkov- lol! The smart and safe play is to draft him though...