Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prospect draft..Rep

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Prospect draft..Rep

So I have third pick in my league’s prospect draft this year. The draft is just from this upcoming draft class. Obviously Bedard will go number one, and the guy picking second has told me he’s likely taking Fantilli. I was leaning to Michkov just based on upside, but will the wait be worth it? Or should I go with someone like Carlsson or Smith?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Prospect draft..Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    So I have third pick in my league’s prospect draft this year. The draft is just from this upcoming draft class. Obviously Bedard will go number one, and the guy picking second has told me he’s likely taking Fantilli. I was leaning to Michkov just based on upside, but will the wait be worth it? Or should I go with someone like Carlsson or Smith?
    i dont think anybody can answer that for you...its based on how you feel about it imo....personally im not worry about the wait as much as im worried that he will never cross over...I do think he is special so if i knew he comes here in 3 years i take him but again im not confident at all it will happen
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Less wait on Carlsson and he also has élite upside. If you’re willing to wait 3 years take Michkov

Dobber Sports Ace

After the 1st overall pick, the decision gets much more difficult.

Michkov recently told a reporter that it is his dream to play in the NH.

He does have a contract with the KHL for a couple more years, so he likely won’t come to the NHL until after that.

The large majority of prospects are not fantasy relevant the first couple of years after being drafted (even guys like Lafreniere, Jack Hughes, etc). If you have a minors system and can stash Michkov there for a couple of years without burning a roster spot, he’ll likely start his NHL career as a solid fantasy player. Michkov has the highest upside of any player not named Bedard in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Star

There's a lot of positive talk out there about Carlsson. Given how much rides on nailing a very high first round pick, I think that Carlsson would be a good selection. Case in point, the Athletic has an article today with unnamed scouts and the scouts they identified all have Carlsson ahead of Fantilli, at least in a real-world hockey perspective. Carlsson is Anze Kopitar, or so it seems. For fantasy, maybe it'll be different.

Dobber Sports All-Star

If you waited for Kirill the thrill you are laughing right now. Time is the gap between prospect and star in the NHL. If you have that then I’d pick Michkov. Medium risk for through the roof rewards. Hope it works out for you no matter who you get.

Dobber Sports Pro

I just found out last night (it was based on the lottery) that I've got 3rd overall in the upcoming prospect draft as well, and I plan to choose Michkov. I'd rather swing for the stars! And as long as you have minor keeper slots, it's nice in a way that he won't just burn through a bunch of NHL GP before he's really a factor and force his way onto your team early (a la Lafreniere). This way when he comes over (timing obviously an unknown, but one I'm willing to bet on) he'll already have years of growth and yet still be at 0 NHL GP.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6,7
    '25 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd /// ‘26 - 2 Extra 1sts, 2 Extra 2nds
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B -
    M - Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Deity

Any of the big four will most likely work out for you, in time. All you can do is wait to see where each of them go and make your decision after that.

For me, I would go with Carlsson only based on what I have read and watched online. Different strokes for different folks.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Keep in mind that apart from Bedard and probably Fantilli, everyone else in the draft very very likely comes with a wait of at least one year. Neither Carlsson nor Smith are likely to start this autumn in the NHL. Smith's already committed to college. And recent practice has been to let Euros play in their home men's leagues for a little extra time, if deemed beneficial (Kakko and Slav, notwithstanding, to their possible detriment). So the "three year wait" for Michkov should be thought of as a two year wait because you're already buying an at least one-year wait for anyone else. And when Michkov comes, he should go straight to the NHL and cook. Look at a somewhat similar situation with Kuznetsov. Came over for a 17 game taste and had a full year producing at a point per game in his age 22 season. Then at age 23, 77 points in 82 games. Tarasenko stuck around in Russia for a bit, had an NHL taste in age 21, had 43 points in 64 games at age 23, and then 73 in in age 23. Michkov, by all accounts, is way ahead of either of Kuznetsov or Tarasenko.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    I just found out last night (it was based on the lottery) that I've got 3rd overall in the upcoming prospect draft as well, and I plan to choose Michkov. I'd rather swing for the stars! And as long as you have minor keeper slots, it's nice in a way that he won't just burn through a bunch of NHL GP before he's really a factor and force his way onto your team early (a la Lafreniere). This way when he comes over (timing obviously an unknown, but one I'm willing to bet on) he'll already have years of growth and yet still be at 0 NHL GP.
    Yeah, that was kind of my thought process as well. I’m thinking he’ll be worth the wait. Much like Kaprizov.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Initiate

If Michkov is not draft in the top 5 in the next NHL draft, meaning one of those team is not willing to take that risk even if he is a good, or almost, as Bedard, then it speaks by itself. The NHL scouts will do their homework and it will for me the track to follow.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm picking 2nd and am torn. Seeing which team drafts the player will be important. I'm not as keen on a player who lands in Arizona ir Montreal so that coukd be a tie-breaker.
    I wonder whether Fantilli is just using his size to dominate and whether a smaller guy with more skill (Michoov or Carlsson) would be the better choice.
    In the end I think we're all expecting the top four to be PPG players, it's just a matter of who is over 100 points and peripherals.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    I'm picking 2nd and am torn. Seeing which team drafts the player will be important. I'm not as keen on a player who lands in Arizona ir Montreal so that coukd be a tie-breaker.
    I wonder whether Fantilli is just using his size to dominate and whether a smaller guy with more skill (Michoov or Carlsson) would be the better choice.
    In the end I think we're all expecting the top four to be PPG players, it's just a matter of who is over 100 points and peripherals.
    Using Elite Prospect's measurements, Carlsson is taller and heavier than Fantilli, but close enough that they might as well be identical (i.e., an inch and 5 pounds or so). Speaking very generally, smaller with skill lasts longer in dynasty than bigger with less skill. But bigger's prime years are often more valuable than the prime years of the smaller but more skilled. It's the Hughes brothers v. Tkachuk brothers debate, in a way.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah I was thinking more of Michkov, shouldn't have included Carlsson in the size thinking.
    I find that kids who dominate because of their size in junior (hello Virtanen) can rest on their laurels more than a skilled smaller kid who has to fight for it, and so they lose their advantage once in the NHL.
    I believe in Fantilli, don't get me wrong. I just think the hype might be more size based and that another pick such as Carlsson or Michkov could be the better option. I've liked Carlssons work ethic and the scouting on Michkov hasnt been as detailed because of the KHL. Unlike the OP I've got peripherals in the scoring, and like my first post which team selects will be a small factor.
    it's a dilemma for anyone picking 2-3.

Dobber Sports Ace

I've seen alot of mumblings from scouts and writers who seem to think that Michkov will slide a bit because of the uncertainty. I dbn't think there's anyway he gets past Washington but how far do we think he can possibly slide if he does?
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson