View Poll Results: Which of these teams will have a goalie start 50+ games for them in 2022-23?

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • Boston Bruins

8 10.26%
  • Buffalo Sabres

6 7.69%
  • Chicago Blackhawks

9 11.54%
  • Colorado Avalanche

14 17.95%
  • Detroit Red Wings

19 24.36%
  • LA Kings

12 15.38%
  • Montreal Canadiens

17 21.79%
  • New Jersey Devils

17 21.79%
  • San Jose Sharks

8 10.26%
  • Toronto Maple Leafs

17 21.79%
  • Vegas Golden Knights

17 21.79%
  • None of the above

15 19.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Goalie Timeshares

The Great One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Goalie Timeshares

Since I switched to the rotating column format of Roos Lets Loose, I've run this poll every year right after the release of the Fantasy Guide, which, as a reminder, can still be ordered here: https://dobbersports.com/product/dob...-hockey-guide/

The gist of this poll is for you to decide whether teams which look primed for a goalie timeshare situation will in fact have goalies split time, or, instead, if a goalie will end up being the true starter for any of those teams, meaning he'll start 60%+ (i.e., 50+ games) for his team.

What I did was took the ten teams listed in the Guide as being ones where Dobber has a 75% or less confidence level of that a particular goalie will be the starter. I also added Chicago, as although Dobber has a higher than 75% confidence level in Petr Mrazek being the starter, the fact is that his one and only 50+ start season came seven campaigns ago. That gives you 11 voting choices. If you think that a goalie - any goalie - will start 50+ games for one or more of these teams in 2022-23, then vote for the team(s). You can vote for one, some, or all of the 11 teams, so long as you think each one for whom you vote will indeed have a goalie - any goalie - start 50+ games for it this season. If you think that none of these teams will have a 50+ game starter, there is a 12th choice - "None of the above" - which should get your vote.

As always, please post in the thread about which team(s) you voted for and why, so we can all get added insight.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Goalie Timeshares

My votes went to:

Buffalo - I think Eric Comrie is a capable netminder who, now out from the long shadow cast by Connor Hellebuyck, will become a true starter, especially given Buffalo's other options
    LA Kings - My guess is Quick, who's in the last season of his deal, will be deemphasized or traded, paving the way for Cal Petersen to rack up the starts
    New Jersey Devils - I have zero faith in MacKenzie Blackwood as an NHL goalie, so Vitek Vanedek will be to netminder to whom the team turns
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports All-Star

Went with the Habs.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

I went with Montreal only. I think they are going to ride the hell out of Jake Allen because Montembeault is just not an NHL goalie and Primeau is still a work in progress.

The other teams are just too much of a handcuff or an unknown. Once Toronto sends Murray to the AHL, I could see them riding Samsonov but I dont think he gets near 50 starts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

I had none of the above!

Dobber Sports Icon

I voted for Colorado and New Jersey.

I think Francouz just barely gets to 50 edging out Georgiev for the starting role.

I also think Vanecek will seize the starters role in NJ and help the Devils push for a playoff spot.

I could also see Allen getting there in Montreal but I have a feeling that the Habs may end up acquiring another Goalie, maybe a Reimer or Dell who will end up splitting time with Allen
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

I went with Boston, Detroit and Vegas.

Swayman, Husso and Thompson will all play much better than their counterparts and run with the starting roles.

The Great One

Here are my votes and which goalie I think starts more than 50. In all cases the “1B” is terrible or hurt and won’t play much…
    Colorado - Francouz
    Detroit - Husso
    LA - Peterson
    New Jersey - Vanecek
    San Jose - Kahkonen (this one I’m not 100% on)
    Toronto - Samsonov
    Vegas - Thompson
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Star

I voted Red Wings and Canadiens. (Husso and Allen)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I voted for the Devils and Leafs.

Devils have Blackwood who has been not good, and injured recently. I think he's the backup.

Leafs have Murray who is boom or bust, and while I expect bust, he could put together a good enough year to hold off Samsonov. If he does, he likely hits 50. If he doesn't Samsonov likely hits 50.

I almost picked Montreal assuming they'd deal for a starter level NHL goalie, but they may want to be a lottery team one more year. As it is, a NHL backup going there could take the job from Allen.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

None of the above!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good poll.
    Several teams, but I see Vanecek as the guy that starts most of all the starters on all these teams.