Thread: Elvis vs Francouz vs Swayman

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Elvis vs Francouz vs Swayman

I sort of have goalie issues in a dynasty league; but hey are the good kind of goalie issues. 16 team roto with categories of W, SV, SV%, GAA, Shut for goalies. Start 1 per night, 82 games played limit per team. Goalie roster max per team is as many as you ant from only 2 NHL teams. Carrying more than 3 is very weird.

I will not win this year, but should finish between 2nd & 5th, and will be contending in perpetuity, unless I fail horribly as a GM or have terrible injury luck. We can roster 9 in our minors, and goalies are limited to 50 games. There is no age limit.

I currently have the following goalies:

Main roster: Hellebuyck, Elvis
    Minors: Swayman, Vladar, Dostal

I expect Swayman to finish the year under 50 games played, but he might not. Vladar and Dostal won't hit 50 games played this season.
    Francouz is hitting waivers, and I have the #1 priority. I view him as an upgrade over Elvis for spot starts, but I am not going to win this year.

The options are:

1. Use my #1 waiver priority to grab Francouz, and cut Elvis.
    2. Don't use my #1 waiver priority to grab Francouz, and hope he clears, and then be ready to pounce at that moment.
    3. Just promote Swayman for Elvis.

The best players claimed this year off waivers are Krebs, Zacha, and Hagel.
    Last year the best player claimed off waivers was Juuse Saros (by me) and he was dealt in the offseason as part of a package for skater upgrades, and I got Elvis in return. I'm sort of thinking that I could do this again.

Any thoughts appreciated, and rep will be spread around, of course.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Elvis vs Francouz vs Swayman

Grab Francouz now. He has a better than 50% chance at being the Colorado starter next year.

Sakic lowballed Grubauer enough that he went to Seattle for under 6 million after a fantastic season. Because Mackinnon is coming due for a huge raise. Makar just got a raise to 9.5. Landeskog just got term for 7 million a year. Rantanen already makes a huge amount.

They are losing Kadri in the offseason, possibly losing B and nuke as well due to no money.

Kuemper is poised to make more than 4.5 million for the first time in his career. He is probably signing what could be his last chance at a big one on a career year. Sakic will see Kuemper asking for 6x6 mill+ and Francouz likely settling for a shorter term 3x4 million a year deal, up from his current 2 million and look at his cap and that will make decisions harder.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I got him when he cleared waivers. I wasn't on at the correct time, but I think he's an upgrade over Elvis the rest of this year, and I will hope for an offseason bump in value.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think there's a great chance that he becomes the Avs' guy, and honestly even if there's speculation about that you could trade him at a nice profit.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    '25 & '26 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson
    G - Vasilevskiy
    B -
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I got him when he cleared waivers. I wasn't on at the correct time, but I think he's an upgrade over Elvis the rest of this year, and I will hope for an offseason bump in value.
    The avs have back to back games in lots of playoff weeks too so he will definitely see action.