Thread: forwards ROS Rust, E.Lindholm, Tarasenko, Hintz, Teravainen, Buchnevich, RNH, Robertson, Reinhart, Nylander, Kyrou

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Post forwards ROS Rust, E.Lindholm, Tarasenko, Hintz, Teravainen, Buchnevich, RNH, Robertson, Reinhart, Nylander, Kyrou

I am trying to make some trades before trade deadline / fantasy playoffs.
    Instead of posting many trade ideas/offers, I decided to list a players I own or I am interested in, so you may help me to rank them.

Except other atributes, I am looking also for schedule ROS, as our other GMs don't care about games left and average strength of opponents. So when the players are similar, I value more player from Calgary, Blues, Dallas than from Edmonton, Colorado and Penguins.

We have Hits, PIMs and Blocks in our league, but I tend to value those cats lower and I focus on points (and PPP). With good goalies I should win every week (if there is no disaster). Sticking to this strategy every year so far.

So please, regarding our league cats in signature but what I said above,
    How you rank these players ROS mainly points wise?
    (link goes to FrozenPool compare page, listed by current PTS/G pace, I own players in bold)

Rust - overproducing a lot, and bad schedule, and Penguins started slumping? want to sell him high
    Robertson - career season, overperforming a lot, I see start of slump, good schedule
    Buchnevich - career season, currently on roll, good schedule
    Tarasenko - performing OK, Blues good schedule
    Reinhart - career season, but overperforming a lot? (Florida effect?), ok schedule, dropped him during bye 2weeks, I regret
    Kyrou - career season, starting to decline after All stars, got warning from coach, good schedule, will he come back?
    E.Lindholm - Calgary and him on the roll, good schedule, producing almost ok, want to keep him
    Scheifele - performing OK, but Winnipeg unable to go on
    Nylander - perform OK, but him and Toronto start slumping? will he come back?
    Teravainen - performing OK, lost of DeAngelo could be a problem for PPP ?
    Hintz - producing OK, Dallas has good schedule, but they seem choked (lower scoring) - because of Robertson slump?
    RNH - performing OK or underperform and wake up? can't decide, but Edmonton have bad schedule ROS, sell or keep?

Obviously skipped to list the above Tier guys like: Crosby, Eichel, Pasta, Marchand, Landeskog and below Tier guys like: Marchessault, Hall, etc.

I admit it's a longer list, sorry about that, but I really cant cut any more (it was much longer).
    If you dont want to bother to rank them, just pinpoint which players you would target or comment specific players you like. Thanks a lot!
    League: H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, no keepers, 5 FA pick-ups / week, unlimited trades.
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, SV%, SHO
    Positions: 2xC, 2xLW, 2xRW, 4xD, 2xG, 4xBN, IR, IR+

Drop Batherson or other skater to stream into playoffs?

Default Re: forwards ROS Rust, E.Lindholm, Tarasenko, Hintz, Teravainen, Buchnevich, RNH, Robertson, Reinhart, Nylander, Kyrou

anyone?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: forwards ROS Rust, E.Lindholm, Tarasenko, Hintz, Teravainen, Buchnevich, RNH, Robertson, Reinhart, Nylander, Kyrou

Alright I'll give it a go....but so many of them are so damn close.

Lindholm is my clear #1 give your cats.
    Reinhart

Nylander
    Tarasenko
    Kyrou
    Hintz
    Robertson
    Buch
    TT
    Scheifele

Rust
    RNH

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm in a points only league so when ranking players I tend to think more points-wise. That being said heres my best shot:

Lindholm - Calgary are rolling right now and this guy looks great
    Robertson - Yes he may have been slightly overproducing but I can't see the slump lasting long he is too talented
    Reinhart - I thought getting bumped to the third line would slow him down but he is still producing at the same pace and is still on a nasty PP1 for Florida
    Tarasenko - Had a bit of a tough time ranking him but the Blues have a nice schedule for playoffs and he isn't showing any signs of slowing down.
    Rust - Like you said probably a good sell high candidate, I flipped him for Kyle Connor a few weeks ago, but exposure to Crosby and Guenztal will still lead to pretty good production
    Hintz - Much like Robertson I really like this guy and I could see him moving up the list. Has been very consistent all year.
    Nylander - This was the hardest one to rank for me, this guy is so inconsistent with his play, bjt he plays in a very dangerous offence and has all the talent to put up big numbers
    Buch - Another guy that I find to be a little inconsistent and the Blues seem to move him around the lineup a lot. Still seems to produce on any line though.
    Kyrou - I think he will slow down a little bit but I think a 70-75 point pace is definitely realistic.
    TT - I think he has a lot of upside playing with Aho but is also a huge bandaid.
    Schiefele - Not sure what is wrong with this guy this year but the season is over halfway over now so it seems unlikely he will turn it around.
    RNH - Just got injured again and is playing with two of the best players in the world and still not producing.

Hope this helped a bit
    TEAM 1:

C:
    MacKinnon, J. Hughes, Hintz, Scheifele
    LW: Connor, Panarin, Verhaeghe, Kubalik
    RW: Laine, Bratt, Kuzmenko, Lehkonen

D: Josi, Burns, Chabot, Karlsson, Gostisbehere,
    Gustafsson
    G: Vanecek, Andersen
    BN: R. Smith,
    Cozens, Sheary, Backstrom
    IR: Skinner

Thank you both for your inputs.

Reinhart - This will make me mourn even more I dropped him. But let's look also in the "bright" future ;-)
    Lindholm - seems this is a strong hold for me. Other GM would not see his potential anyway.

Robertson + Hintz duo - They both produce a lot, but Hintz numbers are sustainable but Robertson's not. They why he is on mini slump right now a that's affecting Hintz, all 1st line and 1PP and Dallas results aswell. They are simply scoring less goals. So I will definitely not trading for Roberston and I am hesitant to trade Hintz aswell. If Dallas has not so good schedule, I would not consider them at all.

Tarasenko and Buchnevich - I see them similar, it depends who needs what cats, Tarasenko maybe have little more hits and blocks. They play together mostly and they have sustainable numbers. Blues have good schedule, I try to get of them.
    Kyrou - this guy was major star 1st half of season. He declined and got demoted to 3rd line. Now he is showing some flashes of scoring success. I will try to get him back if the acquire of other Blue fails. Another mourning, I traded him after his decline, so too cheap. I though he will keep the pace and he failed. Thread here.

Nylander - he is so one dimensional (points, ppp, shots only) and streaky. There was Bunting in free agency, but I failed to grab him. I will try Nylander when Blues fails. Toronto have good team and schedule.

Rust I was suprised hockeyrobot put him at last place. He must considered the fact, that Penguins have bad schedule ROS ( less games and hard opponents).

Scheifele I have Hellebuyck aswell and somehow keep praying that Winnipeg will turn around. They have very good fantasy playoff schedule (1st half). But I have Crosby and Eichel as my other pure Centers, so 1 of them needs to go.

I tried these unsuccessful trade attempts:

Hintz <> RNH [healhy] + R.Andersson
    Hintz <> Scheifele (even with RNH [DTD] )
    Tarasenko<>Rust
    Tarasenko<>D.Toews
    Marchand <> Crosby
    Marchand<> Rust, D.Toews

My other selling items, which could be added as a cherry to trade are:
    Krug (in decline, but good schedule)
    Dumba [DTD]
    D.Toews (good name and numbers, decline, bad schedule)
    DeAngelo[IR]
    Eichel (bad schedule for playoffs)

Tarasenko owner wants Crosby in return. Is it OK regarding their schedule ROS?

Giving Rust for Hintz is ok? Rust has a very good name in our league. I think I could get more for him. Am I too greedy?

Which C to trade? Scheifele, Crosby, Eichel? reasons?

Bolded players I currently own.

Post Re: forwards ROS Rust, E.Lindholm, Tarasenko, Hintz, Teravainen, Buchnevich, RNH, Robertson, Reinhart, Nylander, Kyrou

Let's make a snapshot of current stats for each player for future generations and we may compare them after NHL regular season ends.

NHL-forward-ranking-20220303.png