Thread: What to make of Anthony Beauvillier?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default What to make of Anthony Beauvillier?

How likely is a Anthony Beauvillier recovery this year? Currently he as 0 points in his last 13 games, so there has to be positive regression coming. But what would you expect of him for the rest of the season given the Islanders woes? I own him in my full keeper league, but am currently leading my league. I can likely afford to hold him and see if he can turn it around, but I've got guys coming back from injury now and am considering keeping some of my UFA pick ups like Kempe over Beauvillier.

How likey is Beauviller to be my worst forward for the rest of the season if I keep him?
    12 Team H2H Full Keeper Weekly Roto: G, A, PPPTS, SOG, HIT, BLK, TOI, W, SVS, GAA, SV%
    Play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2Sk, 2G Daily

F: Miller, Pettersson, Zegras, Bratt, Fiala, Kaprizov, Rust, Tippett, Bertuzzi, Crouse, Dubois, Batherson, Norris, Guenther*
    D: Makar, Hamilton, Chychrun, Jones, Ekblad, Romanov, Morrissey, Faulk
    G: Jarry, Kuemper, Jones, Swayman

Prospects: Wyatt Johnston*, Clarke, Pelletier, Tomasino, Nazar, Lysell, Annunen, Stankoven, Brink, Othmann
    Long Term IR: Perunovich
    *I rotate these prospects through 1 open roster spots to squeeze out more starts

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: What to make of Anthony Beauvillier?

I'm am also keeping a close eye on Beauvillier right now as he was dropped in my dynasty cap league.
    I'm not sure what to make of him or the Iles this season, i thought they would turn it around once they came out of Covid protocol but that loss against Nashville was pretty brutal to watch.
    Do they pull a 2019 St. Louis or do they look to next season? With the age of their squad I think they'll turn it around and make a playoff push at some point but I really am wondering when/if that's going to happen.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I have him in a dynasty cap league where players who make 3 million or less can be sent to our AHL-style minors squad, and he passed through waivers when I sent him down. Like yours, the league is mutli-category, and I think he's not worthwhile holding if he eats a real roster spot for you. I've been thinking of dropping him from my minors roster at times.

Barring long-term injuries, I'd give him a 75% chance of being your worst forward the rest of the way. He doesn't hit or block, and the points are okay, but not great, unless he breaks out. There aren't many other options for worst forward, frankly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Nelson is skating again so thats a positive sign for Beauvillier who tends to be on his flank .

Beau was in a funk last season too then turned it on . I guess thats what 40-50 ish point guys do .

Dobber Sports Star

He's always been streaky, like butch said, 40-50 point guys are like that. He might benefit most from a change of scenery.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for chiming in folks. For now, I will let him hang around the bottom of my roster and see if his latest healthy scratch can motivate him. If some of my injured guys come back, he may get dropped. I now prioritizing players like Kempe and Rakell over him. Even a guy like Logan O'Connor seems to be a better stream right now until I get some guys back from injury.

Does anyone else every feel like they spend 90% of their time tinkering with the bottom 10% of their roster?
    12 Team H2H Full Keeper Weekly Roto: G, A, PPPTS, SOG, HIT, BLK, TOI, W, SVS, GAA, SV%
    Play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2Sk, 2G Daily

F: Miller, Pettersson, Zegras, Bratt, Fiala, Kaprizov, Rust, Tippett, Bertuzzi, Crouse, Dubois, Batherson, Norris, Guenther*
    D: Makar, Hamilton, Chychrun, Jones, Ekblad, Romanov, Morrissey, Faulk
    G: Jarry, Kuemper, Jones, Swayman

Prospects: Wyatt Johnston*, Clarke, Pelletier, Tomasino, Nazar, Lysell, Annunen, Stankoven, Brink, Othmann
    Long Term IR: Perunovich
    *I rotate these prospects through 1 open roster spots to squeeze out more starts

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Captain streaky. I dropped him for Zacha this season. As a general rule, I generally try to stay away from Islander players.