Thread: Disappointing Wingers

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Disappointing Wingers

For the team in my signature, I have a few players who I'm curious to gain some thoughts on their future:

Arvidsson: I love his contract if he were the 60+ point player of the past 3 years; picked him up on waivers and hoping he returns to form. Any doubts that he'll pick it up again this year or next?

Granlund: Another Pred, I picked him off waivers as well when he started to warm up a bit; he's still young and if could return to 60 point form moving forward, I'd be interested in keeping.

Marchessault: I probably shouldn't be disappointed - he's on pace for 57 with good peripheral contribution. Will this be normal? Or is he closer 70?

Parise: Grabbed him off waivers and he's stupid expensive but I can afford him for the time. The Looking Ahead article was helpful but curious if everyone agrees that he could be a 60 point player for a few years left?

Thanks!
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Disappointing Wingers

You mention Parise being expensive, is this a cap league?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Arvidsson - expect a return to 60+
    Granlund - expect headaches before he regains 60+ form
    March - 57ish is what you should expect as a safe floor with those periphs. Best value of the 3 in a MC cap league
    Parise - he refused back surgery for years and he suffered. He had it a bit over 2 years ago and we've seen the difference. he's rejuvenated his career. I would put him more in the 25+ 25+ = 50+ camp with 60-65 upside for the next 3-4 years. Much safer expecting 50ish from Parise.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Yep, a cap league using real salaries.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Titan

By salaries does that mean Parise's cost goes down to $2M in 2022/2023? If so that makes him a little bit more worth holding onto, however it means he's 9M right now. I might almost prefer Skinner at that cost.

Generally though I like Lucafen's thoughts on the players.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)