Thread: 15 Fearless Forecasts - Results and Top 10 Lessons Learned

The Great One

Default 15 Fearless Forecasts - Results and Top 10 Lessons Learned

With the 2017-18 regular season over, it's time to dust off my 2017-18 Fearless Forecasts to see how I did. Here are the relevant links so you can look back:

The 15 Fearless Forecasts: https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-home...s-for-2017-18/

The Forums Thread where you voted on which of the forecasts you thought could come true: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...-post-your-own

And here's the link to the new column where I go over the results, and, even more importantly, cover the lessons learned from the forecasts I got right as well as those on which I whiffed: https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-home...ssons-learned/

And with a stick tap to Tom Collins and his weekly top 10 lists, I even put together the top ten lessons learned at the end of the column. Give it a read and come back here to share your thoughts and observations. Did I miss any lessons, or do you disagree with any I mentioned? How did your 2017-18 forecasts do? Will anything here cause you to change or rethink how you approach your fantasy preparation for 2018-19?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 15 Fearless Forecasts - Results and Top 10 Lessons Learned

Love the analysis of your results great work!!

Mine.

1) Debrincat and Kane combined point total >170 Air Ball - wow Chicago dissapointed big time!
    2) Boeser leads the Canucks in scorin Hit - He tied for the team lead in points and lead the team in goals and only played in 62 games.
    3) 6 Canadian Teams make playoffs. (Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto) Air Ball - Canadian teams really let me down... especially Edmonton and Calgary.
    4) Seguin and Benn combined point total >200 Air Ball - I thought Dallas was going to be a scoring machine...
    5) ALL 4 of the final four teams from playoffs last year miss the playoffs - Ottawa (Karlsson injury - slow start) Pittsburgh (double cup hangover) Nashville (tight Western Conference) Anaheim (age and injuries) Air Ball - Got 1/4 right. Next year Pittsburgh, Anaheim both miss!

Overall - I guess I just went too bold on my predictions haha.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Love the analysis of your results great work!!

Mine.

1) Debrincat and Kane combined point total >170 Air Ball - wow Chicago dissapointed big time!
    2) Boeser leads the Canucks in scorin Hit - He tied for the team lead in points and lead the team in goals and only played in 62 games.
    3) 6 Canadian Teams make playoffs. (Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto) Air Ball - Canadian teams really let me down... especially Edmonton and Calgary.
    4) Seguin and Benn combined point total >200 Air Ball - I thought Dallas was going to be a scoring machine...
    5) ALL 4 of the final four teams from playoffs last year miss the playoffs - Ottawa (Karlsson injury - slow start) Pittsburgh (double cup hangover) Nashville (tight Western Conference) Anaheim (age and injuries) Air Ball - Got 1/4 right. Next year Pittsburgh, Anaheim both miss!

Overall - I guess I just went too bold on my predictions haha.

Thanks for the kind words. One for four isn't bad, especially given those were indeed fearless.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Excellent stuff per usual Rizz. Honestly to hit that many Fearless Forecasts is pretty exceptional. The hardest part is actually laying them out - so kudos for finding some gems to bet big on.

Also interesting - have a look at the poll results in the "post your own" thread. Speaks to the quality of posters on the forums as they tended to support Rick's forecasts that came true and shied away from those that missed. Wisdom of the crowd at it's best!

Already looking forward to next year's list.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    Excellent stuff per usual Rizz. Honestly to hit that many Fearless Forecasts is pretty exceptional. The hardest part is actually laying them out - so kudos for finding some gems to bet big on.

Also interesting - have a look at the poll results in the "post your own" thread. Speaks to the quality of posters on the forums as they tended to support Rick's forecasts that came true and shied away from those that missed. Wisdom of the crowd at it's best!

Already looking forward to next year's list.
    Thanks for the kind words, and I agree that it's a reflection on the wisdom of the community on these forums that most votes in the poll went to the forecasts which actually came true.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Great stuff RD.