Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Its time to end this charade

Banned

Default Re: Its time to end this charade

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    So, how many centers league wide finished with more than Turris' 58pts last season?

Only 12 finished with more goals and only 7 finished with a higher +/- (If Tyler Johnson was actually a C).

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Um. He already did breakout...
    exactly.....hes peaked....

agreed.....

didnt live up to the pre draft hype/projections

- - - Updated - - -

Only 12 finished with more goals and only 7 finished with a higher +/- (If Tyler Johnson was actually a C).
    what were the draft positions and pre draft hype of the 21 ahaead of turdis?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    exactly.....hes peaked....

agreed.....

didnt live up to the pre draft hype/projections

- - - Updated - - -

what were the draft positions and pre draft hype of the 21 ahaead of turdis?
    Irrelevant. Turris is a very good player, and his current team doesn't care about his draft position.

I will keep enjoying watching this two-way stud for the next 5+ years.

Dobber Sports Stud

Irrelevant. Turris is a very good player, and his current team doesn't care about his draft position.

did turris live up to his pre-draft hype? projections?

Banned

did turris live up to his pre-draft hype? projections?
    If he didn't, people expect way too much out of non 1st-overall picks. Not his fault.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

iirc he was compared to joe sakic in terms of skillset. i was one of the ones that ranked him above kane and jvr, i thought he was going to be a superstar. so is he a "bust"? if you consider him not living up to his expectations then sure. but he's certainly not an actual bust...good hockey player, i guess we can label him as a #1C although he wouldn't be on several teams. and i don't consider him to be a "two way stud" but he's far from bust.

Dobber Sports Stud

If he didn't, people expect way too much out of non 1st-overall picks. Not his fault.

kessel lived up to his hype.....people should expect alot out of top 5 draft picks..why? because they are chosen out of the best 18 yr olds on planet earth annually......players drafted top 5 that dont meet hype or projections are BUSTS

nail yakupov is looking like quite the bust these days......but let me guess...if yakupov gets 55 pts in 2018 he wont be considered a bust....that of course is using 'big ev' logic....yak was a 1st overall and Turris a 3rd overall....

busts happen....its ok...many nhlers have long careers after not living up to the hype.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    iirc he was compared to joe sakic in terms of skillset. i was one of the ones that ranked him above kane and jvr, i thought he was going to be a superstar. so is he a "bust"? if you consider him not living up to his expectations then sure. but he's certainly not an actual bust...good hockey player, i guess we can label him as a #1C although he wouldn't be on several teams. and i don't consider him to be a "two way stud" but he's far from bust.
    He's better than JVR at least. More important position.

Dobber Sports Genius

Although I don't consider Turris a bust (far from it) I wouldn't go so far as to call him a two way stud either. He didn't even get into the top 20 in selke voting last year. I do believe however that he is developing into that kind of player and could be considered a two way stud soon...possibly, but not exactly there yet.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

depends on ones interpretation of bust.....that said....you have said what i have been saying...turdis did not live up to his pre draft hype/projections.....hes a bust for a top 3 pick

hes not a bust if he was drafted in the 3rd round......

Banned

kessel lived up to his hype.....people should expect alot out of top 5 draft picks..why? because they are chosen out of the best 18 yr olds on planet earth annually......players drafted top 5 that dont meet hype or projections are BUSTS

nail yakupov is looking like quite the bust these days......but let me guess...if yakupov gets 55 pts in 2018 he wont be considered a bust....that of course is using 'big ev' logic....yak was a 1st overall and Turris a 3rd overall....

busts happen....its ok...many nhlers have long careers after not living up to the hype.....
    Wrong if you actually go do some research. People always overvalue first round draft picks in the NHL. This isn't the NFL.

Yakupov was picked first overall. Completely different. If he hits 55 points he's not a bust, he's a disappointment.

Your definition of bust is terrible and there's no sense in arguing with somebody with such a low knowledge level.

Banned

Although I don't consider Turris a bust (far from it) I wouldn't go so far as to call him a two way stud either. He didn't even get into the top 20 in selke voting last year. I do believe however that he is developing into that kind of player and could be considered a two way stud soon...possibly, but not exactly there yet.
    Meh, an award given by writers who don't care about Ottawa, and Ottawa didn't make the playoffs. He doesn't have to win a Selke to be considered a two-way stud. He was a two-way stud last year along with MacArthur. But I agree he still has nowhere to go but up.

Dobber Sports Stud

when turdis was drafted he was projected to be an offensive stud who got pts......

he did not meet his projections or hype. considering his 3rd overall draft slot...hes a bust....much better players in the NHL that were drafted in later rds and lacked the hype.....

whos fault? clearly the scouts..i mean seriously what is one thinking when you draft a JR B PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong if you actually go do some research. People always overvalue first round draft picks in the NHL. This isn't the NFL.

Yakupov was picked first overall. Completely different. If he hits 55 points he's not a bust, he's a disappointment.

Your definition of bust is terrible and there's no sense in arguing with somebody with such a low knowledge level.
    ??? the NFL gets starters in the first 3 rds......apples to oranges...NFL is specialized positions and players are drafted on teams needs......

Banned

when turdis was drafted he was projected to be an offensive stud who got pts......

he did not meet his projections or hype. considering his 3rd overall draft slot...hes a bust....much better players in the NHL that were drafted in later rds and lacked the hype.....

whos fault? clearly the scouts..i mean seriously what is one thinking when you draft a JR B PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's like talking to a brick wall...

you're also not comprehending that the NHL of his draft year is completely different to the NHL of today.

Dobber Sports Stud

bust/dissapointment whatever....either way turdis didnt live up to his billing...yakupov looks like he wont either....55 pts 6-7 years after drafted top 3 doesent cut it....