Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Hockey's Future Top 50

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    I'm curious to know why you feel this way?

I've watched this guy play a lot and I'm very excited by what I've seen. You could certainly knock him for some of his silly decisions with the puck but this is all part of the learning curve......his skills are undeniable and he'll be getting primo minutes in Toronto next year.

It seems that a sentiment has developed around these boards within the past 6 months that Kadri somehow hasn't lived up to expectations, if this is true I'd use it as a great buy-low opportunity. Kadri will be a more useful fantasy option next year than 90% of this list, bank it!
    Not a leaf hater (not a fan either) but I've just never been a fan of Kadri. To be fair he's put up decent points but I just don't like his game and don't seem him being that successful. Of course I could just be biased and completely wrong, but I'd rather have Schwartz, Campbell, Hamonic, Gormley, Smith, and Blum ahead of him (to name a few).

Administrator

As far as I know Kadri still can't shoot a one timer! That alone is reason to criticize his game.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    As far as I know Kadri still can't shoot a one timer! That alone is reason to criticize his game.
    I don't think anyone claimed he was a sniper, his body of work certainly doesn't indicate that he would be. However, it has no bearing on where he should fall on the list. Last time I checked assists were still a scoring stat and creative goals counted the same as one timers.

Kadri was nearly point-per-game in the AHL as a rookie which is very impressive then put up 12 points in 29 NHL games while spending much of that time lined up with the likes of Boyce and Crabb on the third line. I think that compares very favourably to most other highly touted rookies his age around the league. Wilson is bringing this kid up in the school of hard knocks, he wants him to become a more complete player before he's going to reward him with a permanent spot on the top line but make no mistake, that's where Toronto management envision him and this past season has done absolutely nothing to convince them otherwise.

Every player on this list has some weakness or another, there is only one Crosby

Banned

Simple reason why Kadri is projected to bust or underwhelm: the team he plays for. He has been hyped as a #1 C, has been rushed already, and they are destined to ruin him. Not saying that's my opinion, but a lot of people believe that.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Simple reason why Kadri is projected to bust or underwhelm: the team he plays for. He has been hyped as a #1 C, has been rushed already, and they are destined to ruin him. Not saying that's my opinion, but a lot of people believe that.
    If that's the case people should be running from Johansen. If history holds true he's looking a string of 45-55 point seasons square in the face.