Page 26 of 244 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Here is the link to his particulars in the General Hockey Chat:
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...d.php?t=128455

Something for nothing. Murray is the gold standard for College signings. Wouldn't that be something if they could also sign Sustr? He's got a the softest shot I have ever seen for a defenceman, but I wouldn't mind signing that project.
    When have you actually seen Sustr?

It's more Tim Murray and scouts than Bryan. I don't think Bryan has a ton of say in the college free agents right now.

Anyways I wouldn't expect anything more than a Binghamton forward out of this recent signing. Anything more than that is gravy.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    When have you actually seen Sustr?

It's more Tim Murray and scouts than Bryan. I don't think Bryan has a ton of say in the college free agents right now.

Anyways I wouldn't expect anything more than a Binghamton forward out of this recent signing. Anything more than that is gravy.
    My memory has vague images of him from the World Jrs a few years ago, but I got to see him in person at Quinnipiac Univeresity during a two-game set over New Years Eve in 2010 (maybe 2009). All I noticed was this awkward, lanky, tower of a man, which also clarified seeing him in the U20 tourney. He did not impress. Much could have changed; but not from recent video I have seen.

SIDE NOTE: Center Street Lounge in New Haven in still the best New Year's Party I have ever been to. Gorgeous girls everywhere (many gays and lesbians though) and need to find a reason to go back, but tough to do with my buddy graduated.

You discount Bryan Murray more than I do it seems. Anyway, I'm happy with a Bingo addition, they need it and as SteffeG says on Twitter, they will need that depth when they trade a handful of players for Bobby Ryan/Nash. Haha.
    Last edited by notch4077; March 13, 2012 at 8:22 PM.

Banned

My memory has vague images of him from the World Jrs a few years ago, but I got to see him in person at Quinnipiac Univeresity during a two-game set over New Years Eve in 2010 (maybe 2009). All I noticed was this awkward, lanky, tower of a man, which also clarified seeing him in the U20 tourney. He did not impress. Much could have changed; but not from recent video I have seen.

SIDE NOTE: Center Street Lounge in New Haven in still the best New Year's Party I have ever been to. Gorgeous girls everywhere (many gays and lesbians though) and need to find a reason to go back, but tough to do with my buddy graduated.

You discount Bryan Murray more than I do it seems. Anyway, I'm happy with a Bingo addition, they need it and as SteffeG says on Twitter, they will need that depth when they trade a handful of players for Bobby Ryan/Nash. Haha.
    Well obviously he did not impress then given how he went undrafted and is only gaining interest now and/or at the end of last season. It's development, and everyone goes at a different pace, especially when you are 6'8' and hella lanky. You have to figure it out, and if somebody signs him I guess he has. I'd sign him just for Binghamton alone. He wouldn't make the Sens or anything.

Dobber Sports Genius

Well obviously he did not impress then given how he went undrafted and is only gaining interest now and/or at the end of last season. It's development, and everyone goes at a different pace, especially when you are 6'8' and hella lanky. You have to figure it out, and if somebody signs him I guess he has. I'd sign him just for Binghamton alone. He wouldn't make the Sens or anything.
    I said I wanted the Sens to sign him, worth the investment for sure.

Can't. Teach. Size.

Dobber Sports Genius

The signing of Cole Schneider brings me back to a quote from Bryan Murray when Turris was acquired for Rundblad and a 2nd:

“We traded away a second round pick to get Turris,” Murray says. “We think we can get that second round pick back as a free agent.” The Senators will continue to pursue a college player this spring, to add to their system. Found money, Murray believes.

Murray is, as already stated, the gold standard GM when it comes to signing college kids, could the big 6'8" defenceman out of the University of Nebraska-Omaha, Andrej Sustr (who is a teammate of Sens prospect Bryce Aneloski) be next?

Banned

The signing of Cole Schneider brings me back to a quote from Bryan Murray when Turris was acquired for Rundblad and a 2nd:

“We traded away a second round pick to get Turris,” Murray says. “We think we can get that second round pick back as a free agent.” The Senators will continue to pursue a college player this spring, to add to their system. Found money, Murray believes.

Murray is, as already stated, the gold standard GM when it comes to signing college kids, could the big 6'8" defenceman out of the University of Nebraska-Omaha, Andrej Sustr (who is a teammate of Sens prospect Bryce Aneloski) be next?
    We literally just went over Sustr...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

We literally just went over Sustr...
    Exactly.

It reminds me of how the Ottawa Senators were literally discussed on the first page of this thread.

Why the **** did you idiots keep talking about the Ottawa Senators for 38 pages when that subject was already covered on the first page?

I'm with you on this one, Big_Ev. If you ever need my support, I'm totally on the same page as you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by little_boyes_semin View Post
    Exactly.

It reminds me of how the Ottawa Senators were literally discussed on the first page of this thread.

Why the **** did you idiots keep talking about the Ottawa Senators for 38 pages when that subject was already covered on the first page?

I'm with you on this one, Big_Ev. If you ever need my support, I'm totally on the same page as you.
    lol...it just seems like Notch suffered from some short term memory loss there

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm not touching either of the last 3 comments. Go Sens go!

Dobber Sports Padawan

you lose me when you mention Toronto and use the word playoffs twice...
    Ha ha, too true. And after last night's loss to the Panthers, the Leafs are now done like dinner.

I'll re-jig my statement and say the Leafs, like the Habs, will be out to spoil the Sens' position in the standings, and it will still be a tightly contested game none the less.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Genius

Jakob Silfverberg has been voted the Swedish Elite League MVP by the players in the league.

For those that don't know, he will be playing wing (LW most likely) on one of the two top lines in Ottawa next year. There is even talk of him skipping this years Worlds if the Sens ask him to come over for the playoffs.

He chose to return to Sweden this season as he admittedly wasn't ready for the NHL. After a remarkable season, all involved are anxious for him to arrive in North America, whenever that may be.

There really are, too many good forward prospects in Ottawa's system. I love it.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jL67s View Post
    Ha ha, too true. And after last night's loss to the Panthers, the Leafs are now done like dinner.

I'll re-jig my statement and say the Leafs, like the Habs, will be out to spoil the Sens' position in the standings, and it will still be a tightly contested game none the less.
    Don't let it happen again.

Really just pulling your leg, but I am happy with the adjustments you say you are going to make to your original post.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Jakob Silfverberg has been voted the Swedish Elite League MVP by the players in the league.

For those that don't know, he will be playing wing (LW most likely) on one of the two top lines in Ottawa next year. There is even talk of him skipping this years Worlds if the Sens ask him to come over for the playoffs.

He chose to return to Sweden this season as he admittedly wasn't ready for the NHL. After a remarkable season, all involved are anxious for him to arrive in North America, whenever that may be.

There really are, too many good forward prospects in Ottawa's system. I love it.
    He was ready and Sens management wanted him in the NHL but he felt he would play too small a role and that his development would be served better by staying another year in the SEL.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    He was ready and Sens management wanted him in the NHL but he felt he would play too small a role and that his development would be served better by staying another year in the SEL.
    He also said he wasn't mentally ready to move over to North America/NHL yet, but now he feels he is ready and tat his decision to stay an extra year was the right one.

Dobber Sports Icon

Spezza missed the morning skate today, but according to Ian Mendes will play tonight. Seems to me MacLean has lately been giving Karlsson and Spezza in particular some practice days off to keep them fresh and let them heal the bumps and bruises.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper