Page 21 of 414 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Master

Not going to be able to see the pre-season game tonight (or most of it). Will try to catch some and give a little post-action report.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Not going to be able to see the pre-season game tonight (or most of it). Will try to catch some and give a little post-action report.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Guess who's here though? Myself!

Before I get to the leafs, there is a single thing that I want to saw that would make Big_Ev so proud. Karlsson is just amazing. Probably the most exiting player on the ice up to now... and that's probably also the only good player the Sens are icing tonight on defence, (includes RUndblad as being part of the rest) since it is horrible. Giveaway after giveaway.

On to the 1st period goods :

- MGK (MacA - Grabo - Kulemin) line was buzzing all night long and right from the get go.

- Leafs converted early on a powerplay (Armstrong from the slot redirected a Gardiner pass from the left circle - think where Kessel was last year). On a few powerplay oppurtunities, the powerplay was much, much more fluid then last year. The units were the two NHL lines the Leafs are icing tonight (Kadri-Bozak-Armstrong being the 2nd one) with Phaneuf-Liles and Gardiner-Gunnarsson.

- Phaneuf laid out a big hit then had a fight with Cowen. Ended up in mostly a draw.

- Leafs were in the opposing zone more often then not, but that is closely related to the very weak lineup the Sens are icing tonight - lot's of turnovers from them. In another note, you can see it's pre-season with a few more slip-ups, loss of balance, passes that are a bit off, slower releases on shots, positionning mishaps, etc...

- Players that impressed : Gardiner had a few very nice rushes. Kadri had a very good period (the goal was thought to be his since he was also there, but Armstrong re-directed it about 2-3 feet before Kadri would've had it), and so did Gunnarsson. Kenny Ryan had a great hit (with Rosehill's help) and also blocked a shot on the PK. Colborne had a very nice play on a 2v1 with Kadri, who received the pass but was a bit slow on the shot. I'll blame pre-season form.

- Players that left to be desired : Frattin looks out of place. Lashoff as well. Both are fringe players who could get a spot, but their play (it's just a period though) isn't helping them against their counterparts (Kadri and Gunnarsson/Gardiner, for example).

Wish I could say more on Gustafsson, but he wasn't really tested. Phaneuf also went off the ice for a while after his fight, so can't say more on him.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Guess who's here though? Myself!

Before I get to the leafs, there is a single thing that I want to saw that would make Big_Ev so proud. Karlsson is just amazing. Probably the most exiting player on the ice up to now... and that's probably also the only good player the Sens are icing tonight on defence, (includes RUndblad as being part of the rest) since it is horrible. Giveaway after giveaway.

On to the 1st period goods :

- MGK (MacA - Grabo - Kulemin) line was buzzing all night long and right from the get go.

- Leafs converted early on a powerplay (Armstrong from the slot redirected a Gardiner pass from the left circle - think where Kessel was last year). On a few powerplay oppurtunities, the powerplay was much, much more fluid then last year. The units were the two NHL lines the Leafs are icing tonight (Kadri-Bozak-Armstrong being the 2nd one) with Phaneuf-Liles and Gardiner-Gunnarsson.

- Phaneuf laid out a big hit then had a fight with Cowen. Ended up in mostly a draw.

- Leafs were in the opposing zone more often then not, but that is closely related to the very weak lineup the Sens are icing tonight - lot's of turnovers from them. In another note, you can see it's pre-season with a few more slip-ups, loss of balance, passes that are a bit off, slower releases on shots, positionning mishaps, etc...

- Players that impressed : Gardiner had a few very nice rushes. Kadri had a very good period (the goal was thought to be his since he was also there, but Armstrong re-directed it about 2-3 feet before Kadri would've had it), and so did Gunnarsson. Kenny Ryan had a great hit (with Rosehill's help) and also blocked a shot on the PK. Colborne had a very nice play on a 2v1 with Kadri, who received the pass but was a bit slow on the shot. I'll blame pre-season form.

- Players that left to be desired : Frattin looks out of place. Lashoff as well. Both are fringe players who could get a spot, but their play (it's just a period though) isn't helping them against their counterparts (Kadri and Gunnarsson/Gardiner, for example).

Wish I could say more on Gustafsson, but he wasn't really tested. Phaneuf also went off the ice for a while after his fight, so can't say more on him.
    I watched a bit.

I really don't love the pre-season, but the Buds are winning, so that's good!

Most noticeable for me today was Gardiner, very solid thus far.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Banned

The Leafs announcers are just so unprepared and classless. Really in pre-season form tonight.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The Leafs announcers are just so unprepared and classless. Really in pre-season form tonight.
    Just like the players :P I thought your team played better in the 2nd though.

Leaf centered notes for the 2nd...

- Gunnarsson scored on yet another PP oppurtunity. The PP is looking good.
    - Armstromg, Kadri, Bozak as a line are playing amazingly well. Outplaying every other line imo.
    - Gunnarsson and Gardiner are also the Leafs top pairing tonight, bringing offensive flair and good transitions/rushes to it.
    - Rosehill and Ryan (Kenny) both playing aggressive, physical games.
    - Armstrong is playing very good. ES, PP, PK, he's doing it all tonight.
    - Colborne also had a few very good shifts in which he controlled the play, used his size to protect the puck and his reach to retrieve it.
    - Frattin also had a nice breakaway chance, showing good speed to seperate himself in the little time he had left.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

I'm gonna be blunt here. I just don't think that the preseason is THAT important, and I don't take the players' play into consideration.

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm gonna be blunt here. I just don't think that the preseason is THAT important, and I don't take the players' play into consideration.
    Well then you won't care about that lovely feed from Lashoff off the boards to Bozak who finished nicely, five-hole on Lehner.

Or that sweet little move by Rundblad at the blueline to free himself for an open shot on goal.
    Last edited by ross10019; September 19, 2011 at 9:10 PM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Well then you won't care about that lovely feed from Lashoff off the boards to Bozak who finished nicely, five-hole on Lehner.
    Not really. Nice goal, but it's incredibly irrelevant.

Lashoff will not be a regular contributor to the team. Auld will not be the starting goalie, and neither will Gustavsson.

I just don't like the preseason whatsoever, but that's just my opinion.

Dobber Sports Stud

Not really. Nice goal, but it's incredibly irrelevant.

Lashoff will not be a regular contributor to the team. Auld will not be the starting goalie, and neither will Gustavsson.

I just don't like the preseason whatsoever, but that's just my opinion.
    It's still hockey! I do take it with a grain of salt though after the past two years...
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    It's still hockey! I do take it with a grain of salt though after the past two years...
    Of course it is, but I start getting excited when the games count. When our first line plays, and our starting goalie is in.

But thanks for the updates man.

Dobber Sports Stud

Missed most of the 3rd period (talking to a friend I haven't talked to in like a year and a half) but it seems that after Bozak's beauty breakaway goal (which I saw) he scored another one to accumulate 2 goals and one assist. Bright future for the Kadri-Bozak-Armstrong line who I believe was the best one all game.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Rookie

How many times did Bozak fan on those in tight opportunities last year? Hopefully this is a sign that he is going to thrive at his new role.

Administrator

I'm going to ask some Leafs experts here what they think of Monster's outlook moving forward? I have a bit of a dilemma going on in a sim league where I have an alright offer on the table for him (http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...d.php&t=110255) and I want to know if now is a good time to pull the trigger before his value becomes nothing.

The main point of what I'm asking in that thread is: If Monster does rebound how hight can he really go? Any feedback is greatly appreciated and I'm glad to have a Leafs section here where I can seek answers from those who follow the team.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...medium=twitter

Phanuef " might" get suspended for the hit on Conboy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...medium=twitter

Phanuef " might" get suspended for the hit on Conboy.
    No he won't. That's not even news, that's Bleacher Report. Somebody's opinion.