Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: WJC

Banned

Default Re: WJC

Usually the best goalie prospect in the world doesn't pan out, or so it seems, so I'd be happy not to be labelled that.

Banned

Weird comment in the prospect ramblings

"Since the group play has ended, Gauthier has turned up his game immensely showing that he is going to be a dynamic force when he makes it into the NHL. "

Not sur how he came to this conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird comment in the prospect ramblings

"Since the group play has ended, Gauthier has turned up his game immensely showing that he is going to be a dynamic force when he makes it into the NHL. "

Not sur how he came to this conclusion.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well that was disappointing!

But can't expect to win when you blow two 2 goal leads.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that was disappointing!

But can't expect to win when you blow two 2 goal leads.

Dobber Sports Stud

I actually thought Gauthier was a beast in the elimination games as well. He has great speed and power. Hopefully he can transfer that to the NHL playing ago sat initially stronger men
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree with many of the posts here regarding Canada's team and their individual performance.

Other than Chabot, Canada's D in the playoff rounds were sketchy at best. They really missed Myers and his cannon from the point. Juulsen was good defensively but other than that, guys like Bean, Fabbro and Clague were just so-so. I actually thought Lauzon was better when he got the chance than those three. He deserved more ice time IMO.

As far as the forwards go, Strome didn't show up in the big games like Canada needed. They didn't have that "go-to" guy this year (other than Chabot) and this was shown by watching their bottom six guys outperform their top six guys down the stretch. Barzal looks slippery at times out there and other times, he simply had his head down and dipsy-doodling. While that may work at the Jr level, he won't get away with that at the pro level. I really hoped for Jost to have a good tourney but it wasn't to be.

Dubois found some life when they moved him to the "French Connection" line with Roy and Gauthier. Actually, I thought all three played better once that change was made. That being said, Dubois still will seem like a disappointment to many, especially watching the GWG go through his legs in OT. Ugh!!

I do think some guys improved their stock in some peoples eyes and some saw their stock drop after this tourney. Personally myself, I generally avoid acquiring kids who have had a great WJC tourney because you are buying a small sample portion of hype, not necessarily the true value. I do try and sell off this tourney though. There's plenty of guys out there who lap this tourney up as the be-all, end-all for these kids careers and expect great things based off a two-week tourney. Not this cat.

Another great tourney has come to an end. Until next year!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with many of the posts here regarding Canada's team and their individual performance.

Other than Chabot, Canada's D in the playoff rounds were sketchy at best. They really missed Myers and his cannon from the point. Juulsen was good defensively but other than that, guys like Bean, Fabbro and Clague were just so-so. I actually thought Lauzon was better when he got the chance than those three. He deserved more ice time IMO.

As far as the forwards go, Strome didn't show up in the big games like Canada needed. They didn't have that "go-to" guy this year (other than Chabot) and this was shown by watching their bottom six guys outperform their top six guys down the stretch. Barzal looks slippery at times out there and other times, he simply had his head down and dipsy-doodling. While that may work at the Jr level, he won't get away with that at the pro level. I really hoped for Jost to have a good tourney but it wasn't to be.

Dubois found some life when they moved him to the "French Connection" line with Roy and Gauthier. Actually, I thought all three played better once that change was made. That being said, Dubois still will seem like a disappointment to many, especially watching the GWG go through his legs in OT. Ugh!!

I do think some guys improved their stock in some peoples eyes and some saw their stock drop after this tourney. Personally myself, I generally avoid acquiring kids who have had a great WJC tourney because you are buying a small sample portion of hype, not necessarily the true value. I do try and sell off this tourney though. There's plenty of guys out there who lap this tourney up as the be-all, end-all for these kids careers and expect great things based off a two-week tourney. Not this cat.

Another great tourney has come to an end. Until next year!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd be selling Strome to any fool that will take him. He's a 30pt player. Ok, I'm being harsh,, 35pts.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

And I'd still be a buyer on DStrome.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Strome, Barzal, Dubois and most of Canada's forwards had a disappointing tournament but many great NHL players have had disappointing junior tournaments, so I wouldn't put too much stock on that. Sometimes they just cannot get into the coach's style or they have no chemistry with their linemates.

Parsons is definitely not the best goalie prospect in the world. There are 3 better goalie prospects playing in the KHL already, and you cannot discount Demko either. Let's see how he looks in two years.

Yeah, such a stupid way to decide gold medal. Just continue playing OT and remove players from the ice, go with 4-on-4 and then 3-on-3. They'll score at some point.

Chabot deserved the MVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Strome, Barzal, Dubois and most of Canada's forwards had a disappointing tournament but many great NHL players have had disappointing junior tournaments, so I wouldn't put too much stock on that. Sometimes they just cannot get into the coach's style or they have no chemistry with their linemates.

Parsons is definitely not the best goalie prospect in the world. There are 3 better goalie prospects playing in the KHL already, and you cannot discount Demko either. Let's see how he looks in two years.

Yeah, such a stupid way to decide gold medal. Just continue playing OT and remove players from the ice, go with 4-on-4 and then 3-on-3. They'll score at some point.

Chabot deserved the MVP.

Administrator

Lots of buy low, sell high opportunities after this tournament.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

I shut it off after regulation time. Honestly who cares who wins, both teams were evenly matched and if they played for a hundred periods the score would be tied.

Agree with the Canada performance breakdown. I was yelling at Strome and Bean for sucking, they just got worse with every game. PLD carried on the #18 curse from last season (Virtanen).

Strome, imo, is destined for RNH trajectory at best. I'm not buying.

It's only one tournament, so I'll try not to let it cloud the judgement too much.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post

It's only one tournament, so I'll try not to let it cloud the judgement too much.
    Statement 2 contradicting statement 1?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Hercules

Strome was putting up points, but he was always doing it when the game was done, or to make it a 2 goal lead. He doesn't seem like the guy who can take the team and throw them on his shoulders. He may turn into that guy who helps your team get to the playoffs, but isn't the guy you rely on (shouldn't rely on). Kessel like??

Saros, Sorokin, Demko, and Samsonov I would consider all better than Parsons, Woll, Ingram (Obviously), and Hart. Stolarz is better too.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    I shut it off after regulation time. Honestly who cares who wins, both teams were evenly matched and if they played for a hundred periods the score would be tied.

Agree with the Canada performance breakdown. I was yelling at Strome and Bean for sucking, they just got worse with every game. PLD carried on the #18 curse from last season (Virtanen).

Overtime was electric and super exciting. It was the embodiment of what makes the tournament great. Mistakes, great plays, emotion. You really missed out.

The shootout was basically a giant steaming turd on a fancy dinner.

Dobber Sports Ace

Another epic USA-CAN game!!!

Chabot is going to be a very good player in the NHL for a long time and I was impressed with him almost every time he touched the puck. He had no business being in front of the net on his goal, but if he hadn't been there he wouldn't have scored. That play reminded me of the old adage referring to playing the lottery- 'you can't win if you don't play'. Kudos to the Sens scouting department for their drafting of Chabot and White.

It's one of those moments where you hate to be right, but even when we were up by 2 goals I found myself uttering swear words every time Clayton Keller touched the puck. He's a very dangerous player. It was nice to see Bellows break out of his 'slump' in a good way. I had considered making some offers for him before the tourney but didn't. I wish I would have at least asked some questions regarding his availability before he shone on the big stage. Troy Terry was a beast in the shoot-out - money. Here is what I had to say in the Team Canada Lines thread:

"I will still be cheering at the top of of my lungs for the Canadian boys and as much as I hope that they will win, the realist in me tells me that this team is very underwhelming, on paper anyway. I hope that they can dig into their bag of intangibles and prove me wrong.

I am of the opinion that Team USA is the team to beat. They have a very dynamic team that will have fans out of their seats every game. It might have a lot to do with owning Clayton Keller and Adam Fox (don't we all like to pat ourselves on the back for our successful scouting?). I can't wait to hear "Keller receives a pass from Fox, dekes out two guys and passes it to (insert name of chosen sniper here) for the goal!

I have been right about Colin White and Kyle Connor in the not too distant past and I hope I am not wrong with Keller and Fox. I am fairly confident that these two will put on a show this Christmas. We're in for a treat."

Fox ended up with 3 pts in the gold medal game. A funny thing happened while I was watching the game last night. On the goal where Fox swatted the puck directly to the Canadian player that led to a Team Canada goal - I cheered quietly that Canada scored and upon seeing that it was Fox that gave the puck away - I swore loudly, causing one of my friends to give me a weird look for appearing to 'Boo' a Canadian goal. It was a funny moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Another epic USA-CAN game!!!

Chabot is going to be a very good player in the NHL for a long time and I was impressed with him almost every time he touched the puck. He had no business being in front of the net on his goal, but if he hadn't been there he wouldn't have scored. That play reminded me of the old adage referring to playing the lottery- 'you can't win if you don't play'. Kudos to the Sens scouting department for their drafting of Chabot and White.

It's one of those moments where you hate to be right, but even when we were up by 2 goals I found myself uttering swear words every time Clayton Keller touched the puck. He's a very dangerous player. It was nice to see Bellows break out of his 'slump' in a good way. I had considered making some offers for him before the tourney but didn't. I wish I would have at least asked some questions regarding his availability before he shone on the big stage. Troy Terry was a beast in the shoot-out - money. Here is what I had to say in the Team Canada Lines thread:

"I will still be cheering at the top of of my lungs for the Canadian boys and as much as I hope that they will win, the realist in me tells me that this team is very underwhelming, on paper anyway. I hope that they can dig into their bag of intangibles and prove me wrong.

I am of the opinion that Team USA is the team to beat. They have a very dynamic team that will have fans out of their seats every game. It might have a lot to do with owning Clayton Keller and Adam Fox (don't we all like to pat ourselves on the back for our successful scouting?). I can't wait to hear "Keller receives a pass from Fox, dekes out two guys and passes it to (insert name of chosen sniper here) for the goal!

I have been right about Colin White and Kyle Connor in the not too distant past and I hope I am not wrong with Keller and Fox. I am fairly confident that these two will put on a show this Christmas. We're in for a treat."

Fox ended up with 3 pts in the gold medal game. A funny thing happened while I was watching the game last night. On the goal where Fox swatted the puck directly to the Canadian player that led to a Team Canada goal - I cheered quietly that Canada scored and upon seeing that it was Fox that gave the puck away - I swore loudly, causing one of my friends to give me a weird look for appearing to 'Boo' a Canadian goal. It was a funny moment.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

Chabot deserved the MVP.
    Feel like this isn't getting enough run. Did the coach have a style? I think he was a terrible coach. They played a typical run and gun, no structure, "Q" style hockey. How many times did Canada have the puck 2 feet from the blueline and turn it over instead of getting it out. That happened a lot. Some of that is on the players, but a lot of that was on the coach too. He was clearly instructing them to carry it out and try and make a play instead of just chipping it out the boards, which is fine except it wasn't working.3 or maybe all 4 American goals came after Canada turned the puck over 2 feet from the blue line.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Strome was putting up points, but he was always doing it when the game was done, or to make it a 2 goal lead. He doesn't seem like the guy who can take the team and throw them on his shoulders. He may turn into that guy who helps your team get to the playoffs, but isn't the guy you rely on (shouldn't rely on). Kessel like??

Saros, Sorokin, Demko, and Samsonov I would consider all better than Parsons, Woll, Ingram (Obviously), and Hart. Stolarz is better too.
    Not to derail this thread, but Kessel like? You mean the guy that carried Pittsburgh's offense through the playoffs and many people should have won the Conn Smythe? That Kessel? Whooooooooshhh, take your Toronto blinders off once in a while bud.