Poll: Who wins? How many games?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference: Chicago Blackhawks (C3) vs St. Louis Blues (C2)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Western Conference: Chicago Blackhawks (C3) vs St. Louis Blues (C2)

Just got home and turned the game on. What's with the shot totals in the 2nd period?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Just got home and turned the game on. What's with the shot totals in the 2nd period?!
    The Hawks took a ton of bad stupid penalties...no discipline with their sticks...they're very fortunate it's not 3-1 Blues

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    The Hawks took a ton of bad stupid penalties...no discipline with their sticks...they're very fortunate it's not 3-1 Blues
    Some pretty questionable calls too though. Not saying everything was bad, but that double-minor to Hossa was a bit of a laugh.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    Some pretty questionable calls too though. Not saying everything was bad, but that double-minor to Hossa was a bit of a laugh.
    Did he hit him with his stick? Yup
    Did he make him bleed? Yup

the only time they don't call that is if it's incidental contact from the player shooting, and they'll never call that when the two players are locked up along the boards like that...in that scenario the shooting player is fully aware that a player is near him so he accepts full responsibility for his stick

Banned

WTF was Miller doing on that one? that was awful

Dobber Sports Veteran

The beginning of the end for the Blues, 2 goal lead in the 3rd.........almost the end of the line for the Blues hype train. First round exit doesn't bode all that well for Miller's chances of re-signing considering he was supposed to be the "missing piece" in STL......3 goals on 14 shots in a must-win game isn't what you want to see from a guy that's gonna demand big bucks in the summer.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Ninja

Meh, so bored with the Hawks. Oh well. It's nice outside and my kids want to hit the park!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    The beginning of the end for the Blues, 2 goal lead in the 3rd.........almost the end of the line for the Blues hype train. First round exit doesn't bode all that well for Miller's chances of re-signing considering he was supposed to be the "missing piece" in STL......
    Other than enjoying this series from a pure love of hockey perspective I could care less who wins it
    But I feel bad for the Blues in a way, it's a hard working, gritty team who can't ever seem to catch a break when they need one

Banned

Blues choked big time in this one

Dobber Sports Monster

That's how you close out a series! Hawks showed us championship hockey....AGAIN!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Did he hit him with his stick? Yup
    Did he make him bleed? Yup

the only time they don't call that is if it's incidental contact from the player shooting, and they'll never call that when the two players are locked up along the boards like that...in that scenario the shooting player is fully aware that a player is near him so he accepts full responsibility for his stick
    Ah, I see. So now the rules do matter? Interesting how that flips back and forth for you mcgoo.

Love the 'Hawks! Although it was a bit of a conflict, this series, cuz I wanted another first rounder for my Sabres - which per the Miller/Ott trade would have happened if (1) Blues win the conference or (2) Miller re-signs.

Personally, I think the Blues should re-sign Miller. Bias noted...ok. But switching teams mid-season like that, there's always an adjustment period. I think a full off season and regular season with the Blues will serve both parties well - insofar as chemistry, compatibility, and comfort level.

Blues fans may be focusing their anger at Miller, but I think this team has 90% of the puzzle solved. Keeping miller and getting a top end scorer sooner rather than later would be the other ten percent. Maybe Schwartz or Tarasenko fill that role, but their respective peaks are long past Backes' prime. They need a reliable scorer and I don't know how they solve that. Trades maybe...but they should re-sign Miller. imo
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Ah, I see. So now the rules do matter? Interesting how that flips back and forth for you mcgoo.
    don't be a ****ing imbecile, I never said they don't matter...I said they are often subjective, and this particular rule is no exception
    but the way they call this particular one is pretty consistent...if you hit someone in the face with your stick and make them bleed you get a double minor 97 or 98 times outta 100, basically you only see the ref overturn that default ruling if it's a scenario where the offender doesn't see the other player (i.e. he's behind him as he winds up for a slapper)

Dobber Sports Wizard

i'll take the hawks in 6

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    i'll take the hawks in 6
    I still like my pick of Hawks in 5.

From a Hawks fan perspective, hopefully the Wild/Avalanche series goes 7 and the Hawks get more time to rest. I like the Hawks' chances against either team. Toews and Kane look to be rounding into form and it doesn't appear as if anyone is suffering through any injuries. But overall it was way too stressful of a series for my liking. My wife said to me today- "It's not fun watching these games with you." I am definitely a pessimist and expect the worst.

Kudos for St Louis for not gooning it up late in the game. Like I wrote earlier, my pre-series hate for the Blues subsided as the series progressed. I would hope that after the Hawks dirty play in game 2, the Blues fan would start to feel the same way considering it was relatively clean the rest of the series.

Interesting that Nordstrom got the start over Morin after the Versteeg benching.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov