Give:

Nuge (6M)
    Bjugstad (2.85M)
    Pastrnak (0.925M)

Receive:

Voracek (4.5M)
    Thornton (6.75M)
    First round pick (7th overall)

Could possibly land Ehlers, Nylander, D. Strome, Dal Cole, Marner or Hanafin with that pick....

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Getting Voracek?

First, let's acknowledge that Voracek balloons to $10,000,000 next year.

Certainly, Voracek is the biggest piece of this trade, and Thornton is no slouch, yet. If you think that you can win it this year with this trade, then I would make it. If you look at the other teams in your league and don't think that you're a top two or three favourite to win it, then I would pass. You're giving up three young, well priced, pieces, for a stud who will soon be making $10,000,000, a guy in decline, and someone who will probably be on your farm for a little while. Let's say that Voracek repeats his fantastic season and scores 80 points again, don't you think that RNH will flirt with 70?

Not only that, but in the next year or two, you're going to be seeing some serious raises with your RFAs and Byfuglien's new contract next year (plus Bjustad's escalating salary). I think that you need to lose Parise at 9M, and probably Skinner at 6M, and then you should be able to resign your RFAs and Byfuglien if you hold back from making this trade.

I'd stick with what you have.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If I was in your shoes, and I could guarantee that I'd get Ehlers with the pick, then i think I'd do it.

Dobber Sports Expert

Who is Nuge ?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by an0maly View Post
    If I was in your shoes, and I could guarantee that I'd get Ehlers with the pick, then i think I'd do it.
    Suppose he could always sit on this trade until the 7th pick.

If the goal is to win now (and I can't see how that trade would make sense otherwise), then I'd want some assurance that the 7th pick could help this year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Well, I'll start with the simplest comparisons.

Give Pastrnak (0.925M) & receive 1st (7th)
    Basically this is a wash. Positional discussion is maybe a topic for discussion. Pastrnak has a track record that the others don't, is ridiculously young & a WINGER.

Give:
    Nuge (6M)
    Bjugstad (2.85M)
    Two players that have yet to achieve in their upper window? Both centres, and both cap friendly. I'm not a massive fan of Nuge (drafted him as an 18 year old). Bjugstad (I recently drafted him) is a touch older than many realize. I wonder how high his windows really are. I see both players benefit from the players around them, and as secure and building blocks for a club. Bjugstad is a centre, and whether he truly achieves high enough to justify his position becomes a question. As such his value as a centre will tremendously suffer in straight points formats in smaller pools. Nine teams is a smaller pool.

Receive:
    Voracek (4.5M)
    What more can you be looking for? Points & cap friendly & WINGER.
    Thornton (6.75M)
    Deminishing returns, as actually undeniable at this point. 15 goals is now his upper window, but the 50 assists keeps him attractive. Hardly justifies his contract. But, all-in-all a piece that can push someone over the top, in the event they have the cap room. Trading him for a Ribeiro type, to save on cap, makes sense.

I truly want to do this deal. Getting a Voracek is no small achievement. By himself, we can argue that he is worth the three pieces. To truly make this deal a success, you will have to get to work. You may need to turn a whole bunch of deals. You're not in a cap friendly position at this time. The cap is controlling you, you are not controlling the cap. You've already got E Staal in the minors. Thornton will have to go to the minors too, as things sit. Whether you can do that becomes a question. Voracek's are not easy to come by. Hard work can yield most any of the other players in this deal.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am just making an assumption here, but the whole reason Voracek is even available to you in this deal is because of the new contract he just signed and the new GM is planning ahead for next year when he knows he probably can't afford him.

If this wasn't a cap league, this is an easy accept and a win for you but this is a cap league. Personally, I want more if I am going to take on that big ole contract coming with Voracek. Both RNH and Bjugstad are locked up long term and are still growing as players. If you can't find a way to get more to take on that contract (keep in mind, you are doing him a favor here) then I'd keep what you have.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I do like this deal for you. A ppg player and a high end draft pick...RNH is second to McDavid and will not get anywhere near the same opportunity as he used to.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post
    I do like this deal for you. A ppg player and a high end draft pick...RNH is second to McDavid and will not get anywhere near the same opportunity as he used to.
    What makes me hesitate is that Voracek will be at 10M after next season.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).