Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: huge trade

Dobber Sports Expert

Default huge trade

efending champ. League team and cats below... Do I make this deal? Salary cap implications. I'd definitely take Moses and my 2md out of deal.

:I give:
    Tomas Plekanec C - MON 5m
    : Nikita Kucherov RW - TB 900k
    : Derick Brassard C - NYR 5m
    : Max Pacioretty LW - MON 4.5m
    :
    :

I get:
    Ryan Strome C - NYI 900k
    : Phil Kessel RW - PIT 8m
    : Alex Galchenyuk C,LW 2.8m
    : 2016 Draft Pick, Round 3
    : 2016 Draft Pick, Round 1

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: huge trade

Just my opinion but I like what your giving up a little more. Draft picks are nice coming back but I wouldn't make this deal.

Dobber Sports Monster

Is Kessels cap hit 6.8 or 8.2 for you?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Is Kessels cap hit 6.8 or 8.2 for you?
    Hmmmm good question let me check

Dobber Sports Titan

What kind of rank are you expecting that first rounder to be next year?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    What kind of rank are you expecting that first rounder to be next year?
    Top 7

The Magnificent One

wow yeah that is a huge trade and I am all for big trades but I am also one to say keep what you have and that is not easy to say.

I don't know all the salary cap situations and the hits and blks so well but you are giving up a ton of FOW's in this deal. As well you are giving up MaxPac - he is one I would never want to trade. not to forget Kucherov where dobber just wrote in the rambilings a few days ago that he has him scoring super high next season.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Expert

Ok ive updated contracts and adjusted the deal.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also concerned with Maxpac becoming a bandaid boy.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd investigate trading away Plekanec for nickles on the dollar and keeping the 3 guys below.

: Nikita Kucherov RW - TB 900k
    : Derick Brassard C - NYR 5m
    : Max Pacioretty LW - MON 4.5m

I understand cap leagues make for some strange trades. Sometimes the best moves are to just let something walk away for free rather then try to squeeze every last nickle out of assets. These three all have fantastic cap hits vs production.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't like it:

Max Pac > Gally
    Kessel > Kuch
    Brassard > Strome
    Plek > 2 picks
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Expert

I think the deal really hinges on the players other then MaxPac and PKessel.

Kucherov, Brassard, Plekanec for Strome, Gally & 2016 1st rdr(great prospect)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    I don't like it:

Max Pac > Gally
    Kessel > Kuch
    Brassard > Strome
    Plek > 2 picks
    Not saying I don't appreciate your advice but I think u have to rework that.

MaxPac vs Kessell
    Kuch vs Gally
    Strome & a good prospect for Brassard, Plek

Dobber Sports Genius

You're giving up too much. The only proven piece your getting is phat Phil at heavy price tag. Patches contract gold for what he has consistently produced. Kuch is the real deal and may be about to go supernova. I'd hold.

Dobber Sports Expert

I might be the only one, but i like the trade for you.

Plekanec and Brassard for $10 million is not good value in a salary cap league. Getting rid of them is really nice. Brassard is the perfect sell high candidate, he should fall back under 50 points, which will make his value drop a lot. Same for PLekanec, who is see as a 50 point player, too.

You will get Strome and Galchenyuk who will at worst match those numbers, but they come $6.3 million cheaper. That is huge in a cap league.

So for the second part you trade Kucherov for Kessel. This is not such a bad deal, although it hurts giving up Kucherov on a ELC, but it goes for just one more year. Should he be for real and explode, then he will get a huge contract anyway. Therefore he will have to become as good as Kessel already is.

So the last part sees you giving Pacioretty for two draft picks. That's the part i don't like at all. Maybe you can change it a little bit and get a player back instead of just picks.

Dobber Sports Titan

I’d say no and revisit after a preseason game with Kessel as a Penguin. I say that because I like the trade if Kessel gets 40+ goals. If you see some good chemistry with Kessel and the others go and off this trade (and switch our Strome for someone else).

Quickly looking the difference between Kessel and Kucherov on goals assists, and ppp is only going to be like 50pts. SOG will likely even out on the trade, looking at maybe more on the Kucherov side.

The big thing I see is you own Voracek. Do you have the ability to make room for another 8mill player in 2016-17 if you brought in Kessel? Kucherov would go to arbitration when his contracts up so it would buy you more time at a manageable contract, but just something to chew on. If you get Kessel now, and are in cap issues in 2016, you’ll be selling a star way too low to get under the cap.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d say no and revisit after a preseason game with Kessel as a Penguin. I say that because I like the trade if Kessel gets 40+ goals. If you see some good chemistry with Kessel and the others go and off this trade (and switch our Strome for someone else).

Quickly looking the difference between Kessel and Kucherov on goals assists, and ppp is only going to be like 50pts. SOG will likely even out on the trade, looking at maybe more on the Kucherov side.

The big thing I see is you own Voracek. Do you have the ability to make room for another 8mill player in 2016-17 if you brought in Kessel? Kucherov would go to arbitration when his contracts up so it would buy you more time at a manageable contract, but just something to chew on. If you get Kessel now, and are in cap issues in 2016, you’ll be selling a star way too low to get under the cap.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll