View Poll Results: Which one of these things is more likely to occur?

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • As compared to 2014-15, Vladimir Tarasenko's average 2015-16 Yahoo draft position will rise more than Alexander Semin's will fall

25 78.13%
  • As compared to 2014-15, Alexander Semin's average 2015-16 Yahoo draft position will fall more than Vladimiar Tarasenko's will rise

7 21.88%

Thread: Cage match tourney - final vote!!

The Great One

Default Cage match tourney - final vote!!

Here we are - the moment of truth. Now that your prior votes selected Vladimir Tarasenko as the player whose average draft position on Yahoo will rise the most from 2014-15 to 2015-16, and Alexander Semin as his counterpart (i.e., the player whose average draft position will fall the most), all that remains is this week's vote to see if you think Tarasenko will rise more than Semin will fall (in which case you should vote for Tarasenko), or whether, instead, you think Semin will fall more than Tarasenko will rise (in which case you should vote for Semin).

Again, the the most important things to remember are you’re voting based on a hypothetical one year Yahoo league where G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, and SOG are the only six categories and are all equally weighted.

And here's the relevant data for each player:

Vladimir Tarasenko - 159.6 average draft position – 77 games, 37G, 36A, +27, 18 PPP, 32 Hits, 264 SOG

Alexander Semin - 119.9 average draft position -57 games, 6G, 13A, -10, 4 PPP, 30 Hits, 93 SOG

If you're torn on your vote, be sure to wait until checking out my Cage Match column (to be published on Wednesday the 29th) for some further food for thought (plus a fun bonus quiz).

Thanks to everyone who's voted so far and let's everyone make sure to cast our votes for this all-important final! The poll closes on Sunday August 2nd.

The Wolverine

Default Re: Cage match tourney - final vote!!

I'm voting Tarasenko. With Semin now with Montreal, I feel that his name will still cause some managers to draft him in the middle/later rounds hoping for past success. Taransenko's will probably be much higher with a greater difference.

Guessing overall pick 20-30 (120-140 increase) for Tarasenko and 150-200 (40-80 decrease) for Semin.

Of course, Yahoo O-Ranks will affect many drafters so will be interesting to see where they end up.

Dobber Sports Pro

I went with Tank. There will probably still be some people who think Semin is a nice fit with Habs and pick him early.

Tarasenko will be a top 35~ pick for sure, I can't see Semin dropping below 200th.
    Vote: Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Tarasenko will be a top 35~ pick for sure, I can't see Semin dropping below 200th.
    Vote: Tarasenko
    ^^ this
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Master

Now that Semin is in Montreal where they will probably play him a lot in the offensive zone, I expect his numbers to rebound a bit. As such, his stock won't plummet as much as many may have suspected.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Giant

Going with the tank.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Star

Tarasenko!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Tank gets my vote.

The Great One

The Cage Match column has been posted: http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...risersfallers/

I'm not sure comments are enabled on the new site, so feel free to make your guesses here for the bonus quiz that appears at the end of the column. And of course - don't forget to cast your vote in the poll!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like all responses. Yet, mtl fan-base is just a pea in Y! Fantasy Hockey world.

Yahoo had Backstrom at 67ish. Could easily happen to Tarasenko but Semin's drop is inevitable (due to huge compliance buyout, russian scare and lots of pressbox)

Therefore, my vote goes to Semin.