Thread: Bruce Boudreau's job in play?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Bruce Boudreau's job in play?

Anaheim Ducks' GM Bryan Murray wouldn't comment one way or the other when asked if coach Bruce Boudreau would return for the 2015-16 season.
    "I’m evaluating everything," Murray said. "I haven’t talked to the coaching staff yet. I thought the coaching staff made great strides this year." And in each of Boudreau's three seasons as Anaheim's bench boss, they've advanced a round. However this is the second consecutive season they've exited in Game 7 with a whimper. To wit, Boudreau now has the dubious distinction of having a 1-6 career record in Game 7's. Boudreau also has one season left on his contract with the Ducks.
    Source: ducks.nhl.com/
    mar., juin 02 2015 20:45
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Administrator

Default Re: Bruce Boudreau's job in play?

Just in time to steal Blashill's job???

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

i bet he stays even as a lameduck coach. they were one game away from the final playing some great hockey until jonathan toews happened.

besides, dont think anaheim wants to give up a 3rd rounder unnecessarily to poach another coach when they can wait a year
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Monster

He stays.

Maybe if Anaheim did not get so far and other coaches were still available to be signed then I could see Anaheim making a change, but right now. Nah.
    BB will stick for another year and then they'll see where they are at. But this late in the game and close to the draft etc - it's to late in my opinion to make a change.
    He may have a bad record in game 7's but this team was dominate for most of the season. A very very good team right here in Anaheim.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    He stays.

Maybe if Anaheim did not get so far and other coaches were still available to be signed then I could see Anaheim making a change, but right now. Nah.
    BB will stick for another year and then they'll see where they are at. But this late in the game and close to the draft etc - it's to late in my opinion to make a change.
    He may have a bad record in game 7's but this team was dominate for most of the season. A very very good team right here in Anaheim.
    This is bang on imo.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Boudreau will definitely be back next season!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Boudreau will definitely be back next season!!
    But with a short leash around his neck that will be pulled at the first sign of adversity or trouble.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

No reason to fire him IMO. Best regular season win% among all active coaches and once Chicago is forced to dismantle this summer, ANH is head and shoulders the best team in the West. Boudreau presents a much better option than any replacement on the market right now.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd be surprised if the Ducks are ready to make a drastic change like this. His team team is still one of the elite in the league. Consider this a learning experience for all.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Can't see him going anywhere. No other replacements out there that are that much better than he is, if any better at all.

Feel like this is always the GM's way of telling the media what they want to hear after a disappointing loss.
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks

Dobber Sports Genius

Read.

@FriedgeHNIC: RT @Sportsnet: Ducks GM Murray not ready to guarantee Bruce Boudreau's return behind the bench http://t.co/iK2t8sGbir/s/tIpo

http://t.co/FcjE0PoQSK/s/xrtA
    Per twitter

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Anaheim did a terrible job making adjustments from game to game. In fact, I don't really feel they made any adjustments from game 1 to game 7. Wiz was never inserted, the top line was never shook up, the def pairings remained exactly the same. In fact, the only adjustment made was subbing in Fleishman for Etem. Apparently the coaching staff felt they would simply out muscle the Hawks and when that failed to happen they weren't sure what to do. BB needs to figure out how to win a 7 game series.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/606596285139959808

Ducks' coach Bruce Boudreau can rest easy. His job is reportedly safe for next season. http://thesco.re/1ANjZHX
    Umpire23.jpg
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."