D: Karlsson, Byfuglien (RW), Carlson, Wideman
    G: Holtby, Andersen, Gibson, Allen

So far I believe i'm keeping:

C: Kopitar, T. Johnson
    LW: Hall
    RW: Kessel
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien (RW)
    G: Holtby, Andersen

My 9th keeper will be a 2nd LW, Ladd, or Palat, but who? I do like the Johnson/Palat tandem. Palat is younger, and has been improving as the season has been going on. Ladd brings more hits and we know what we are going to get from him night in, night out.

For my 10th keeper, i'm not sure. I was thinking go keeping Allen but who knows how the St. Louis situation pans out, especially if Hitchcock returns. Is Gibson even worth keeping? Andersen has solidified the starting role i'd say, but next year can be different if he slips up, who knows.

I do like Carlson but i'm not sure if i want to keep 3 Dman, but I have in the past so it's not a big deal. What i'm thinking is, what if I traded Byfuglien for a RW, (let's sat a Ryan Johansen) and keep Carlson? I love big buf, always have, but what do you guys think?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Help with my 10 keepers.

The difference between Ladd and Palat is about 80 hits from last season. Keeping Buff brings his loads of hits to the table, so you can probably sacrifice a little between the Ladd/Palat debate.

For my money, the 9th keeper is Palat and the 10th is Carlson.

That gives you essentially 2 elite(ish) guys at every position. An Allen/Gibson type goalie will fall to you, but you at least have two starters who will hog the crease in place already.

Might be worth dangling a combo move of Kopitar/Allen/Ladd or something like that for a huge upgrade at Center. Someone in the top 5-7 in that category maybe?
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks

Dobber Sports Expert

You should definitely try to redraft Gibson, but he's not a keeper. Andersen's strong play-offs will let him drop a bit, but he still has a good chance to become the starter in the future. I see Andersen starting around 50 games and Gibson the rest.

For you keepers i agree with Palat and Carlson.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree with above. There is no way you can let Carlson go. Not in a league with Blocked Shots. And the way Palat is playing, I think he is your next choice. Maybe try to do a 2 for 1 deal with a team that might want an extra keeper. This way you might be able to keep Ladd. He is very underrated in a league with your settings.