Thread: Moving Malkin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Moving Malkin

Is this a bad time to do that, I put him on the block in my league.

He is frustrating lately and I think this might be a time when guys are easy to deal with, should I just hold back. No offers yet, just wondering if this is taking a step back because every one wants the top 3, and now I want to move 1. Who would you target
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Moving Malkin

Probably bad timing, but if you can still hit a home run then go for it. I expect you will need to wait until next season though for people to forget about the playoffs and remember that he can post elite stats.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't think it's a particularly good time to try and be moving him. Malkin is coming off a poor finish to the regular season (he missed the fantasy playoffs because he was hurt), and was not very effective during the playoffs. He's still Malkin so he should entice some solid offers but if you can wait I would prefer to deal him around next year's fantasy draft season. Preseason rankings will have him back to a 90-point player at that point and you should be able to maximize his return.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

As long as you and the other party value him at a similar value, I don't think it matters when you try and move him. If this was a brand new league, good chance he'd be a top 5 pick. This is what you have to remember when fielding offers for him. If you get low-balled (and I am sure you will get low-ball offers) make sure you counter with what you actually want for him. If they balk, then you keep him. It's not like you HAVE to move him. Do it if the value coming back is there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

What kind of return do you think you could get? Personally, I wouldn't move him in any type of sell low scenario. I would consider any trade involving Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Tavares or Seguin coming back your way. If none of those were involved, it would have to be a trade involving a significant package of talent coming back. As others have said, it is a bad time to trade him. I see a lot of offers like Kyle Okposo and a mid first round pick for Malkin coming at you...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

Although his perceived value may not be as high as it could be and the offers may not look promising right now, at the end of the day it's up to you yourself not to undervalue him.et the league owners know that you value him as an Art Ross threat and if anyone has offers corresponding to your value, something may happen.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would make sure not to take a package in return for him. Its 1 for 1, or nothing as far as I am concerned
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I could really afford to move a D man. We start 4 and I have Chara, Weber, Keith, Green, Ekblad, and Klingberg.

Offers so far have been

Voracek and Bobby Ryan for Malkin and Ekblad
    Voracek and Little for Malkin and Ekblad.

I feel I need a lot more than this to deal him, maybe have him overvalued but I also do not need to move him.

He has Getz and Perry. So I told him I would consider Perry and Voracek, but he was not going for that.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I could really afford to move a D man. We start 4 and I have Chara, Weber, Keith, Green, Ekblad, and Klingberg.

Offers so far have been

Voracek and Bobby Ryan for Malkin and Ekblad
    Voracek and Little for Malkin and Ekblad.

I feel I need a lot more than this to deal him, maybe have him overvalued but I also do not need to move him.

He has Getz and Perry. So I told him I would consider Perry and Voracek, but he was not going for that.
    Lemmy, if it was me, we wouldn't be in the same ballpark. Voracek and Ryan or Little isn't enough for Malkin straight across, let alone the fact that he is asking you to throw in Ekblad. I would think that because you are so far apart, it should make it easy. Say "no thanks" and move on.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There has never been a worse time to move Malkin.

Do not let this frustrating season sway you. His upside has NOT changed and he could hit 100+ points any given season.

Those offers are insulting and unless you're getting a top 5 player back, it's an easy no.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Stud

Yep as all others have noted - now is NOT the time to move Malkin if those are the level of offers you're receiving/going to receive.

If you're stuck on moving him, sit tight and when he goes on a run early next season (he always does) you'll be able to move him for the proper value. If this was this past November, I don't think you'd consider either of those offers for a second.

I also don't think there's any need to move a Dman in a Malkin deal, just because you have an excess there.

Beware the playoffs... sample size + spotlight = many a player's value artificially skyrocketing or plummeting until next season starts again.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji