Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Whom from your team would you give up for McDavid or Eichel?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Whom from your team would you give up for McDavid or Eichel?

The statements I've been reading about McDavid are implying he's a sure thing. Tonight's ramblings by Dobber implied that McDavid would become part of "The Big 4," currently known as The Big 3. Let's assume that the draft has already taken place, and whoever got McDavid in your league put him on the block. Who would you give up from your team to get McDavid today? Same question for Eichel. Honest answers please! You could say you wouldn't bother as well

It would also be cool to know if you're a contender or not in your league(s).

Edit: I know this is the Forwards thread but please include D and G too!
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Whom from your team would you give up for McDavid or Eichel?

I would not move Tavares, Kane, or Giroux. Anyone else I would probably do. That's not factoring salaries though, which my league does. Including salary, I would move Kane for him.

That goes for McDavid for sure, possibly Eichel as well.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Initiate

From team 1:
    tarasenko, voracek , shattenkirk,hedman,holtby, Schneider
    And anyone else other than seguin,Benn,giroux,stamkos.

Team 2:
    Anyone but tavares

Dobber Sports Ace

I have enough depth at all positions that I would honestly go 1 for 1 with anyone on my team. Including Ovie, Malkin, P. Kane etc.
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ztking View Post
    I have enough depth at all positions that I would honestly go 1 for 1 with anyone on my team. Including Ovie, Malkin, P. Kane etc.
    This is just crazy in my opinion. How good do you think this kid will be? OV and Malkin are 2 of 3 of the best players in the last 10 years. P Kane, ok. I can see that... at a stretch. Malkin or Ovechkin? Stand back and take stock of what is happening.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    This is just crazy in my opinion. How good do you think this kid will be? OV and Malkin are 2 of 3 of the best players in the last 10 years. P Kane, ok. I can see that... at a stretch. Malkin or Ovechkin? Stand back and take stock of what is happening.
    Super interesting isn't it? I wanted to compare what I thought was a reasonable offer for McDavid.. Let's just say it looks like I won't be able to trade for him if everyone thinks like this. I'm beginning to think that what I had in mind would actually be insulting to the other GM lol.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For the record, I was thinking about a 1 for 1 with Bishop. Before I made this thread I felt like it was fair haha.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

no. Waste of your time and his...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikerato View Post
    For the record, I was thinking about a 1 for 1 with Bishop. Before I made this thread I felt like it was fair haha.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ztking View Post
    This is a reasonable answer.

I'm not ready to give up Malkin or Ovechkin, but I'm certainly thinking about Malkin. To get a similar upside guy without the injuries is tempting. Is it a risk? Yep, it's a huge one. HUGE. I don't have to tell you. But his price right now is a Stamkos or Giroux in most leagues - and his price is going to get higher.

I told one guy in my pool that I was thinking of offering Malkin. He said:
    "You're nuts! I wouldn't trade Malkin for McDavid!"

I told another guy in the same pool that I was thinking of offering Malkin. And he said:
    "You're nuts! I wouldn't give up McDavid for that! No way! Do you think he'd do that?"

So there you have it.

I have a lot of experience going for Crosby. I documented it and filed it away. From the summer of his draft and on up until I got him. And not offering enough for Crosby that summer he was drafted is one mistake I'll never forget and won't make again. I don't care if McDavid becomes a Daigle (he won't). I'll take that risk to get an elite guy on my team. And right now I would pay any player for him except Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Tavares. And other positions - Rinne, Price, Fleury, Karlsson. So eight players. And like I said - I'm thinking about Malkin.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Hmm... Anyone but Ovi
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sage

Anyone but Tavares or Karlsson for McDavid.

Include Backstrom on the list that I wouldn't trade for Eichel.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

I have my 6 keepers in 2 leagues as:
    Team1
    Backstrom, Voracek, MacKinnon, Stamkos, Karlsson, Rask. Stamkos, Karlsson and Rask are no goes
    Team 2:
    Giroux, Benn, Stamkos, MacKinnon, Schneider and Prolly Landeskog. No goes would be Benn, Giroux, Stamkos. OEL, Doughty, Halak, Eberle, Scheifele, Lando, Schneider would all be up for grabs for McDavid.

I win now, not later. My team is young, but their all entering their prime. If I can win in the next 2 yrs, I’m fine keeping the players I have and miss out on the next Crosby.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This is a reasonable answer.

I'm not ready to give up Malkin or Ovechkin, but I'm certainly thinking about Malkin. To get a similar upside guy without the injuries is tempting. Is it a risk? Yep, it's a huge one. HUGE. I don't have to tell you. But his price right now is a Stamkos or Giroux in most leagues - and his price is going to get higher.

I told one guy in my pool that I was thinking of offering Malkin. He said:
    "You're nuts! I wouldn't trade Malkin for McDavid!"

I told another guy in the same pool that I was thinking of offering Malkin. And he said:
    "You're nuts! I wouldn't give up McDavid for that! No way! Do you think he'd do that?"

So there you have it.

I have a lot of experience going for Crosby. I documented it and filed it away. From the summer of his draft and on up until I got him. And not offering enough for Crosby that summer he was drafted is one mistake I'll never forget and won't make again. I don't care if McDavid becomes a Daigle (he won't). I'll take that risk to get an elite guy on my team. And right now I would pay any player for him except Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Tavares. And other positions - Rinne, Price, Fleury, Karlsson. So eight players. And like I said - I'm thinking about Malkin.

This is so crazy to me! I started with this whole fantasy hockey thing way after Crosby was drafted. So a prospect with this much hype and projected success is unprecedented for me. I've been trying to determine if he's really worth going for, and it's stuff like this that make me thing the joke's on me if I don't.

So if Tavares and Price are off the table, I'm not really sure I can provide a compelling offer without crippling my team. All of my league's lottery teams need pretty much everything. They have generally terrible D or G depth, and no top-10 F.

Bishop, Kopitar, and OEL for McDavid? Is that really worth it?! I'm so confused lol.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Prodigy

One year ago tomorrow I made this trade in a multicat league in which I was already near the bottom and JT was my best asset with JVR (who I have since traded) my 2nd best asset to aquire the picks that would net me my 1st back from another GM in a 30 team dynasty league that would see to it that I finished at the bottom:

2015 1st (CAR) + 2015 1st (Vanc) + 2015 1st (NJ) + 2016 1st (CAR) + Greg McKegg + Tomas Kundratek + Kimmo Timonen**later flipped in a package deal to obtain a 2016 1st round pick and Marco scandella

to the Hurricanes in exchange for

John Tavares + Keith Yandle

So the long and short of it is:
    My team is Carolina and I get the 1st overall pick being McDavid plus what will likely be around the 9th and 23rd overall picks netting me Rantanen and a guy like Brock Boeser or I can use the two later picks to trade up...in addition I got my 2016 1st back to secure what will likely be the 1st overall again next year probably being Auston Matthews. Was it worth it? I don't know but at the time I only had a few decent pieces but not enough to do anything with and I had to blow it up for the long approach. And I still have the 2016 1st I picked up in the Timonen deal before his blood clot issues but that will be a very late pick as that team will win this year and be in the same position next year.
    So to recap I gave up Tavares for McDavid plus...time will tell in a couple of years.

Dobber Sports Novice

While I think these 2 (McDavid and Eichel) will be great, they are all about the potential and this reminds me of a quote from Jon Gruden "Potenital means you haven't done it yet" The implication being that they never do it.

For me I d consider giving up a Toews or Patches but more than that I'd be hesitant. Pro sports is riddled with the "next great thing" flopping. (although i dont see either of them flopping)

If i had that 1st pick and could get a ovie, malkin or tavares I'd do it in a heartbeat.