Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [RUMOR] Red Wings out on Phaneuf

Dobber Sports Novice

Default [RUMOR] Red Wings out on Phaneuf

Per Eklund--who did by the way list Tampa as a destination for Coburn before he was dealt
    Zach Hopkins
    Senior Writer and Flyers Scout
    Dobberhockey/Dobberprospects
    @healedbyhockey on Twitter

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [RUMOR] Red Wings out on Phaneuf

Kinda hoping he gets traded. With the deals getting done like this yr, it’s definitely a sellers market. Yandle gets Duclair, 1st round, and 2nd round, and a fill in. Dion’s prolly around that ish.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Novice

This one will be interesting as Dreger reports talks ongoing. Money retention a topic as Dion's cap hit is 7MM per season.
    Zach Hopkins

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just saw this :

Gord Miller @GMillerTSN

Talks are continuing between Toronto and Detroit on a Dion Phaneuf deal. #tradecentre

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by BillyD. View Post
    Just saw this :

Gord Miller @GMillerTSN

Talks are continuing between Toronto and Detroit on a Dion Phaneuf deal. #tradecentre

this is why you never post anything coming from eklund, it's almost always the exact opposite.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Kinda hoping he gets traded. With the deals getting done like this yr, it’s definitely a sellers market. Yandle gets Duclair, 1st round, and 2nd round, and a fill in. Dion’s prolly around that ish.
    Oh I don't see that as being anything even remotely close to what Dion will fetch. Yandle is; A) a better player and B) a much more reasonable cap hit next year. I'd be thrilled if the Leafs could get a 1st and a half decent prospect for Dion

Dobber Sports Novice

Leafs asking for Brendan Smith in return.

Also, say what you will about Eklund but he's caught lightning before. I became friendly with him during 2004-05 lockout.
    Zach Hopkins

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Oh I don't see that as being anything even remotely close to what Dion will fetch. Yandle is; A) a better player and B) a much more reasonable cap hit next year. I'd be thrilled if the Leafs could get a 1st and a half decent prospect for Dion
    I don't understand why so many people are so down on Dion. He is putting up excellent statistics, regular and advanced, for being the top defenseman on a poor team and consistently playing tough minutes against the oppositions top lines. If he had the same cap hit as Yandle, I would have expected him to fetch more.

Dobber Sports Superstar

On top of that Arizona was forced to retain 50% of Yandle's salary. so his cap hit to the Rangers is $2.75m.

EDIT: I think Dion is a solid defensemen but salary retention could become a massive problem because: a) the Leafs want to spend to the cap and b) Dion's salary is so long they'd be taking a cap hit for 4 more years.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I don't understand why so many people are so down on Dion. He is putting up excellent statistics, regular and advanced, for being the top defenseman on a poor team and consistently playing tough minutes against the oppositions top lines. If he had the same cap hit as Yandle, I would have expected him to fetch more.
    Do you think that Dion's value has gone up since Toronto acquired him? I'm wouldn't call myself 'down on him', I'm just stating what I feel will be market value.

It doesn't matter to me in the least that he's played tough minutes against top lines, his usage on a very weak (arguably the weakest?) defense holds no bearing whatsoever on how he'll be used elsewhere. Toronto paid him like a 1st pairing (top d-man) guy and I'll eat my hat if he's ever that on a team that wins the cup while using him in that role. He's be a great 2nd pairing guy but his pay check indicates he's more than that and there is where his value falls off. If he had a 5 mil cap hit he'd be golden!

Dobber Sports Sage

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...-move-phaneuf/

Gotta think his value has gone up after Coburn (more comparable than Yandle) went for a 1st + 3rd + Gudas
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Superstar

Do you think that Dion's value has gone up since Toronto acquired him? I'm wouldn't call myself 'down on him', I'm just stating what I feel will be market value.

It doesn't matter to me in the least that he's played tough minutes against top lines, his usage on a very weak (arguably the weakest?) defense holds no bearing whatsoever on how he'll be used elsewhere. Toronto paid him like a 1st pairing (top d-man) guy and I'll eat my hat if he's ever that on a team that wins the cup. He's be a great 2nd pairing guy but his pay check indicates he's more than that and there is where his value falls off. If he had a 5 mil cap hit he'd be golden!
    Seems like you two have a similar on Dion's talents relative to his salary.

The way I see it he's a very capable and nasty 2nd pairing D-man. 2nd pairing D-men are worth $4-5m/season and generally 3-4 year deals. The problem is that he's got a $7m- cap hit and 4 more seasons left at that, he's 30 years old in April so we shouldn't expect his game to improve significantly in the future. If the Leafs would eat cap hit to make him $4.5 mil/season they'd have quite a few suitors I think.

Given the length of his deal he doesn't seem like a deadline trade to me, seems more like a draft/off-season trade.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Guru

It'll all depend on salary. He's worth chasing, but that contract is tougher to move.
    Weiss would have to go the other way.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    It'll all depend on salary. He's worth chasing, but that contract is tougher to move.
    Weiss would have to go the other way.
    That's fine. We'll take on Weiss for a bit. The picks alone would make it worth it IMO.

Dobber Sports Titan

Even 1.75-2m would make dion a good long term price. 7mill now, team actually pays him 5m-5.25m for yrs. When Leddy (I know age and all that) signs for 5.5m for 7yrs, Dion is worth around that for a cap hit. Imagine what Boychuk will get and that’s what Dion should be around (or capable of asking)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll