Thread: Need some expert advice

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Need some expert advice

Yahoo H2H One year league

G/A/+/-/PPP/HIT/PIM/GWG/BLK/SOG

17 team roster, 8 man bench, 8 players

Deal was proposed to me is his Giroux and Marchand for my Seguin and Landeskog

I currently haven Voracek and Streit and my team is weakest in average hits. I usually do well above average on the Pim side. Due to this and the fact that playoffs are almost around the corner would you secure a Pim player in Marchand and pick up a waiver player like Martin or Clutterbuck if needed. This way I get the triple philly threat with all 3

Would you make this deal

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Need some expert advice

Get someone better than Marchand and then its looking better to me. What else does he have besides Marchand that help you where you need it? Penalty minutes can be found on the WW all the time so giving up two really good players for one just to get PMs doesn't necessarily make sense.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's certainly not a bad offer, but I'd want more for Landy, very valuable with hits. I think you slightly lose Seguin to Giroux without fw, so a win with Landy should make you pull the trigger.
    To thrive in life, you need three bones.

A wishbone.
    A backbone.
    And a funny bone.

-Reba McEntire

Dobber Sports Legend

Bluck,

I wouldn't pull the trigger on this. Marchand peaked and Landeskog is having a down year (as is all the Avs; sans E. Johnson). Giroux and Seguin are both elite but I see Seguin hitting another slight gear. Even if Giroux and Seguin are a wash - Seguin is younger and I wouldn't put all your eggs in the Philly basket. If the Flyers hit a rough patch down the stretch, you could take a big hit. On top of that, the Landeskog for Marchand portion makes me head for the hills. As Doug said - bring me someone better than Marchand and it could be worth a revisit.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka