Thread: Can someone creative help me craft this deal?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Can someone creative help me craft this deal?

There is a team owner that seems to be the slut of the league, says yes to everyone offering a deal. The only player on his team i covet is McKinnon. Trouble is, i don't think i have an obvious offer.

My strength is D and he has Keith and Doughty, plus a bunch of mediocre forwards around .

See my format and team below. I thought about Lehtera and Kingberg for McK and hope he falls for JK hype but that would be a bit of a scam, right? Can't give up horny for McK, i need the Pens' hedge as my top two rivals have crosby and Malkin/Kunitz. Not sure i see trading Tank for NM. my depth players are not worth a pinch of coonshit. thoughts?
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Can someone creative help me craft this deal?

I think Lehtera + Klingberg should do it. TBH I'm not sure that McKinnon will outscore Lehtera this season but he has the potential. If he's weak at forward maybe you could offer Lehtera and Gaborik to give him a bit of depth but it might be a stretch.
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson
    3LW: A.Ovechkin, A.Svechnikov, T.Toffoli, V.Arvidsson
    3RW: P.Kane, B.Wheeler, B.Rust
    5D: R.Josi, J.Chychrun, M.Weegar, T.Chabot, R.Dahlin, R.Ristolainen, C.Murphy
    2G: F.Andersen, J.Binnington, C.Peterson
    2IR+: N.Bäckström

Dobber Sports Padawan

who would you rather have this year, mckinnon or duchene
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

in a 1 year i don't see this deal as needed. unless you love mack.

I think duchene will outpoint mack.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    There is a team owner that seems to be the slut of the league, says yes to everyone offering a deal. The only player on his team i covet is McKinnon. Trouble is, i don't think i have an obvious offer.

My strength is D and he has Keith and Doughty, plus a bunch of mediocre forwards around .

See my format and team below. I thought about Lehtera and Kingberg for McK and hope he falls for JK hype but that would be a bit of a scam, right? Can't give up horny for McK, i need the Pens' hedge as my top two rivals have crosby and Malkin/Kunitz. Not sure i see trading Tank for NM. my depth players are not worth a pinch of coonshit. thoughts?
    Coonshit is actually very dangerous stuff. You need to avoid breathing any particles, wear coveralls when dealing with it and it is recommended to burn said coveralls when finished. Otherwise you risk a pulmonary infection. Thus, call me crazy but I would be open to trading Letang for MacKinnon before Letang begins losing time to injury.

PS...your roster has Lehtonen at forward but I am sure you mean Lehtera.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Moja.
    1. Thanks, i'll fix the brainfart
    2. You're crazy! Even if he misses 30 games Barrie would fill in ably and I will still end up with a two-headed d-man who will score more than McKinnon did last year.

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Giant

Yeah, I wouldn't offer Letang for MacKinnon.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin