Thread: Team Tweaking [rep]

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Team Tweaking [rep]

Team in description. Very deep 18 team league.

So its 2 months into the season and I'm currently sitting in first, having hovered around the top for the entire year.
    I have a bunch of questions so I'll just throw them out there.

1. I have to drop someone for Hedmen soon. Very hard decision. I have too many d-men, but my defence are all basically undroppable, though Sekera would probably be first to go. If I were to drop a forward, it would probably be between Scheifele and Jenner. Drouin possibly.
    2. Having grabbed Klingberg and with Hedmen returning, I have a D-man surplus and Letang seems like the most expendable guy that will get me a good return. Do you think it's a good idea to package Staal+Letang and target a superstar like Giroux/Seguin/Malkin?
    3. The Elliott owner has been trying to get Allen for a while now. Is this the time to sell high?
    4. Lastly, here's a list of FA's, let me know if there are any I should consider swapping for? Shaw and Bouwmeester are big names in a league this deep, and although they haven't done much this year, are they worth taking a shot on? And who would you drop?

F - Stewart, Shaw, Hodgson, Clarkson, C. Wilson, Kassian, DSP, M. Richards, Gagner, Eakin, Maroon, Spaling, Zibnajed, Sheahan, Raffl, Lee, Zucker, Paquette, Griffith
    D - Bouwmeester, Voynov, Brodin, Billon, Gonchar, M. Staal, Savard
    G - Greiss, Montoya, Peters, Raanta, Lack, Talbot, Lindback

Thanks for any help

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Team Tweaking [rep]

I would go ahead and drop Sekera when Hedman gets back. I rarely keep one D on my bench, let alone two.
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Ace

1. Drop Sekera
    2. Those two won't get you a superstar and to be honest Letang is probably worth more to you, competing now, than to someone else. People have a hard time paying fair value for him. I'd keep him unless you got a very great offer.
    3. Judging off your sig I wouldn't. You now have a #1 goalie on a top team. Without him you only have Andersen and goalies are so crucial in an 18 team league. You'd need a goalie coming back in order to make it worthwhile.
    4. Based off your current team I don't see anyone worth picking up. No Bouwmeester because you are set on D with Hedman returning and I'd still take Jenner over Shaw due to his multi cat ability.
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ztking View Post
    1. Drop Sekera
    2. Those two won't get you a superstar and to be honest Letang is probably worth more to you, competing now, than to someone else. People have a hard time paying fair value for him. I'd keep him unless you got a very great offer.
    3. Judging off your sig I wouldn't. You now have a #1 goalie on a top team. Without him you only have Andersen and goalies are so crucial in an 18 team league. You'd need a goalie coming back in order to make it worthwhile.
    4. Based off your current team I don't see anyone worth picking up. No Bouwmeester because you are set on D with Hedman returning and I'd still take Jenner over Shaw due to his multi cat ability.
    So would you rather sell Hedmen than Letang?
    I think that I could get Benn for Staal+Letang, but I feel like that might be an overpayment

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For Benn, it's an overpayment. I agree that you should drop Sekera. After that, if you start to fall in the standings, then possibly explore some other options. Keep an eye on Raffl, he was hot with Giroux and Voracek before being injured, set to return tonight.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Joe13 View Post
    For Benn, it's an overpayment. I agree that you should drop Sekera. After that, if you start to fall in the standings, then possibly explore some other options. Keep an eye on Raffl, he was hot with Giroux and Voracek before being injured, set to return tonight.
    Would any of Malkin/Ovechkin/Kessel be reasonable targets of a Staal+Letang trade? I could easily add a throw in like Versteeg/Drouin/Gudas since I sort of need the roster spots

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post
    Would any of Malkin/Ovechkin/Kessel be reasonable targets of a Staal+Letang trade? I could easily add a throw in like Versteeg/Drouin/Gudas since I sort of need the roster spots
    If I was offered Letang/Staal/Gudas for Kessel or Seguin, I'd consider it. For an elite player like Ovi or Malkin, I'd need something like Letang/Vrbata/Staal. I don't know if you're willing to give up that much though. If you're going to go for an elite guy, go for Ovi first. He simply provides so much support in multicat.

Dobber Sports Pro

I would drop Jenner if you have to drop....although I would aggressively look around for a 2 for 1 deal where you can upgrade yourself somewhere and therefore not have to drop anyone.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post
    Team in description. Very deep 18 team league.

So its 2 months into the season and I'm currently sitting in first, having hovered around the top for the entire year.
    I have a bunch of questions so I'll just throw them out there.

1. I have to drop someone for Hedmen soon. Very hard decision. I have too many d-men, but my defence are all basically undroppable, though Sekera would probably be first to go. If I were to drop a forward, it would probably be between Scheifele and Jenner. Drouin possibly.
    2. Having grabbed Klingberg and with Hedmen returning, I have a D-man surplus and Letang seems like the most expendable guy that will get me a good return. Do you think it's a good idea to package Staal+Letang and target a superstar like Giroux/Seguin/Malkin?
    3. The Elliott owner has been trying to get Allen for a while now. Is this the time to sell high?
    4. Lastly, here's a list of FA's, let me know if there are any I should consider swapping for? Shaw and Bouwmeester are big names in a league this deep, and although they haven't done much this year, are they worth taking a shot on? And who would you drop?

F - Stewart, Shaw, Hodgson, Clarkson, C. Wilson, Kassian, DSP, M. Richards, Gagner, Eakin, Maroon, Spaling, Zibnajed, Sheahan, Raffl, Lee, Zucker, Paquette, Griffith
    D - Bouwmeester, Voynov, Brodin, Billon, Gonchar, M. Staal, Savard
    G - Greiss, Montoya, Peters, Raanta, Lack, Talbot, Lindback

Thanks for any help
    1. Uh I don't think Maatta is undroppable by any means.
    2. No, I think a core of Letang, Klinkberg, Hedman, Gudas, Sekera is fine in a H2H format. If anything, I'd just drop Sekera, the first 4 are spectacular, especially in a league with 18 teams. If you really want to go for a trade, sure, but I don't think it's necessary.
    3. Absolutely not. Your goalies are the weakest part of your team - Gibson and Andersen are both not sure things. Allen is the only consistent goalie you have right now.
    4. I don't think Drouin will be very useful this year. I might switch him out for Shaw, but you could just hold and it'd probably be fine.
    Bouwmeester is trash to have on a fantasy this year. Don't bother.
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)