Thread: My Shattenkirk + Klingberg for his Giordano?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default My Shattenkirk + Klingberg for his Giordano?

I was offered this trade a few minutes ago. I'm tied for 3rd with two other teams in a 16 team roto league. 1st and 2nd aren't that far ahead. he is 12th.

stats are g, a, +/-, sog, pim, ppp, hits. i'm lacking in pim and ppp. my forwards are solid, my goalies id say are the best in the league (Quick, MAF, Allen, Anderson), but my d are so-so:

shattenkirk
    josi
    mcdonagh
    green
    markov
    muzzin
    klingberg

some possible ww options:

goligoski
    gonchar
    martin
    enstrom
    sekera

should i accept? go the ww? counter?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: My Shattenkirk + Klingberg for his Giordano?

Its a solid offer. You can pick up Endstrom off the WW for additional PPP and giordano adds dome PIMS and HITS.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Not a bad early sell high... But if Klinger continues to dazzle, you may end up missing what you have in Klinger and Shatty

Dobber Sports Expert

Solid deal for you. I would take that offer.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm going to accept, need another d. any possible ww options? Is enstrom the best there?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yea, looks like Enstrom is your best bet via WW. He's on the Jets PP and has a history (pre-Jets) of putting up 40+ assist seasons.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Joe13 View Post
    I was offered this trade a few minutes ago. I'm tied for 3rd with two other teams in a 16 team roto league. 1st and 2nd aren't that far ahead. he is 12th.

stats are g, a, +/-, sog, pim, ppp, hits. i'm lacking in pim and ppp. my forwards are solid, my goalies id say are the best in the league (Quick, MAF, Allen, Anderson), but my d are so-so:

shattenkirk
    josi
    mcdonagh
    green
    markov
    muzzin
    klingberg

some possible ww options:

goligoski
    gonchar
    martin
    enstrom
    sekera

should i accept? go the ww? counter?
    I keep Shat and Klingberg. Individually, I don't see a big difference between them and Giordano.

Giordano is just super hot right now, but he'll cool down. The supporting casts for the Blues & Stars are also way better.
    Giordano has Brodie to compete for O-time, and the other 2 don't really have anyone. (Shat > Pietrangelo on PP1 for at least 2 seasons now)

Enstrom has definitely slowed down from when he was a consistent 50 point Dman...I think he's reliable for around 35 points total.
    I really don't see Giordano hitting over 60 points this season.
    So let's give the two combined another 65 points to go for the rest of the season.

That means that Shat and Kling only need to hit around 33 points each to be equal, in around 60 games left.
    Specifically, I'd give Shat about 30 points more than he has right now for a very reasonable 47-point end, and Kling about 40 points more. (I'm pretty high on Kling)
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by LakeSoup View Post
    I keep Shat and Klingberg. Individually, I don't see a big difference between them and Giordano.

Giordano is just super hot right now, but he'll cool down. The supporting casts for the Blues & Stars are also way better.
    Giordano has Brodie to compete for O-time, and the other 2 don't really have anyone. (Shat > Pietrangelo on PP1 for at least 2 seasons now)

Enstrom has definitely slowed down from when he was a consistent 50 point Dman...I think he's reliable for around 35 points total.
    I really don't see Giordano hitting over 60 points this season.
    So let's give the two combined another 65 points to go for the rest of the season.

That means that Shat and Kling only need to hit around 33 points each to be equal, in around 60 games left.
    Specifically, I'd give Shat about 30 points more than he has right now for a very reasonable 47-point end, and Kling about 40 points more. (I'm pretty high on Kling)
    Agree with this - I think you might be overpaying for Giordano. He's had a crazy hot start but I don't see him keeping this up for the rest of the season.

I would predict that that Shattenkirk's production from here on out to be similar to Giordano's, and Klingberg's possibly a little below that. Basically, Shat + Klingberg is probably better than Gio + anything you can find on the WW
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson
    3LW: A.Ovechkin, A.Svechnikov, T.Toffoli, V.Arvidsson
    3RW: P.Kane, B.Wheeler, B.Rust
    5D: R.Josi, J.Chychrun, M.Weegar, T.Chabot, R.Dahlin, R.Ristolainen, C.Murphy
    2G: F.Andersen, J.Binnington, C.Peterson
    2IR+: N.Bäckström

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Absolutely don't do this trade. Gio is hot right now but I'd take Shatty over him any day of the week. Throw in the upside of Klinger... No way do I make this deal.

Dobber Sports Sage

Do not do this. Giordano and the Flames have begun the expected regression after a hot first month of the season. Shattenkirk alone will be comparable in value to Gio, and Klingberg, well it is looking like he could be Shattenkirk 2.0 on the upswing. Enstrom is a 200-lb. sack of dog shit, expecting him to fill the hole you would create with this trade is wildly overoptimistic. If you really want Gio that's fine but you are paying through the nose for him on this deal.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Do not do this. Giordano and the Flames have begun the expected regression after a hot first month of the season. Shattenkirk alone will be comparable in value to Gio, and Klingberg, well it is looking like he could be Shattenkirk 2.0 on the upswing. Enstrom is a 200-lb. sack of dog shit, expecting him to fill the hole you would create with this trade is wildly overoptimistic. If you really want Gio that's fine but you are paying through the nose for him on this deal.
    My thoughts as well.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm thinking of countering with Klingberg and Foligno. I can afford to lose someone like Foligno, but I really need to better my d. Any opinions?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe13 View Post
    I'm thinking of countering with Klingberg and Foligno. I can afford to lose someone like Foligno, but I really need to better my d. Any opinions?
    Your D are pretty good man. You have 2 of them injured right now. That's your only problem here.

Giving up Nick Foligno in this deal is an even worse idea than the first offer. You say you need PPP, Foligno alone has more PPP than Gio and you are sending him and Shatty. So seriously, put down that crack pipe. If it is Marc Foligno then I think you are looking OK there.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by skiteam14 View Post
    Agree with this - I think you might be overpaying for Giordano. He's had a crazy hot start but I don't see him keeping this up for the rest of the season.

I would predict that that Shattenkirk's production from here on out to be similar to Giordano's, and Klingberg's possibly a little below that. Basically, Shat + Klingberg is probably better than Gio + anything you can find on the WW
    Lasy year Giordano had more points than Shattenkirk (only by 2) and they were neck and neck in the relevant peripherals except PIMs where Giordano had a sizeable advantage. A 35 point Dman is still pretty decent. I would be surprised if Klingberg hits that mark in the near future.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Alright, I rejected the trade, but I am falling in the standings (5th currently). Hopefully McDonagh starts tearing it up soon. Thanks to everyone who answered.