Thread: Is this a reasonable or insulting offer?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Is this a reasonable or insulting offer?

I offer Lehtera and Klingberg to a guy who needs help on D for Taylor Hall. Parameters of league below.

While everyone says Klingberg's for real i think the hype will never be higher than right now. That goal was a freakish fluke and while it was a nice pass on Seguin's goal, frankly it was a broken play with Oilers on a bad change and anyone could and would have made that pass. He didn't get any PP points. It could have easily been a night where JK doesn't get any points and the the feeding frenzy cools off.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Is this a reasonable or insulting offer?

Might as well kick him in the nuts and ask him for lemonade after.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

But to give you an actual answer....if you were this owner would you even take a second look before hitting reject? You are trying to trade Kling, who is having a stellar start, but has proven nothing long term and lehtera is in the same boat. Lehtera is clicking but 60 pts this year for him would be amazing. If I was this owner I wouldn't even laugh about how bad this trade is, I would be pissed you wasted my time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Simply put, No. It is not a reasonable offer. It is actually quite an insulting offer.
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    I offer Lehtera and Klingberg to a guy who needs help on D for Taylor Hall. Parameters of league below.

While everyone says Klingberg's for real i think the hype will never be higher than right now. That goal was a freakish fluke and while it was a nice pass on Seguin's goal, frankly it was a broken play with Oilers on a bad change and anyone could and would have made that pass. He didn't get any PP points. It could have easily been a night where JK doesn't get any points and the the feeding frenzy cools off.
    It's unreasonable but not infeasible. To a guy that doesn't know much, he sees that Taylor Hall is in a bit of a slump, he's hearing all this Kling hype, and he sees Lehtera is tearing up the league. These are conditions where a trade could go through.

To a more experienced manager, it's probably not possible unless he has ungodly high projections for Klingberg. That, and a dearth of defencemen.
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by LakeSoup View Post
    It's unreasonable but not infeasible. To a guy that doesn't know much, he sees that Taylor Hall is in a bit of a slump, he's hearing all this Kling hype, and he sees Lehtera is tearing up the league. These are conditions where a trade could go through.

To a more experienced manager, it's probably not possible unless he has ungodly high projections for Klingberg. That, and a dearth of defencemen.
    Not 1 out of a hundred but more like 1 out of a million.............so I'm telling you there's a chance.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think keep your guys, ride em while their hot. They have skill. You don't need Hall in a league that only counts goals and assists and that doesn't weigh them differently. Edmonton isn't looking good at all and changes will be made before they will even slightly get better. It's gonna be ugly.
    Yahoo Fantasy Roto league. 14 teams
    Categories: Goals, Assists, Hits, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, Wins, GAA, SV%, Shutouts
    Position Slots:
    (2 C's)(2 LW's)(2 RW's)(F)(3 D's)(G)
    Forwards:

Aho (c)
    Mackinnon (c)
    Verhaeghe (c/lw)
    Ovechkin (lw)
    Zuccarello (rw)
    Teravainen (lw/rw)
    Sharangovich (lw/c/rw)
    McCann (c/lw)

Defence:

Matheson
    Theodore
    Toews
    Schenn

Goalies:

Ullmark, Lyon, Kochetkov, Swayman

IR: Ekblad

Dobber Sports Master

Upon receiving this offer, I would politely reply that we are not close enough to negotiate.

Even in a one year league, you would have to think that Hall and your worst player (or a wire pickup) provides better value than what you are offering here.

Dobber Sports Master

I try not to be insulted by trade offers, but there is no way I see this deal getting accepted. However, I am of the opinion that if you don't ask, there is a 100% chance the guy says "no". If you do propose it, however small the chances are that he accepts is still greater than a 100% negative response. Put it out there, but don't expect miracles...hope for one.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Star

Yes, this is horrible, this proposal.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks guys. I wouldn't offer this to anyone else but this guy is impulsive, gets crazy down on his players when they slump (unfortunately Hall scored last nite), and really needs a d-man. He is also famous for low-ball offers. He said no btw and then made a bad offer
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Deity

I think its a solid effort by you to sell high on a couple guys in a 1 year league, and by all means throw it at him. Who knows?

That being said, if this was offered to me, I'd politely decline.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."