Thread: Trade: Taylor Hall - Should I offer anyone?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade: Taylor Hall - Should I offer anyone?

A manager posted in our forum this morning asking if anyone wanted to trade for Hall. He's not really performing much better than a lot of the FA we have right now so I'd be buying future value.

Should I offer anything off my roster to get him? The problem is, I'm quite happy with my team.

The league is a limited keeper with 1 player from each position and I think I already have my keeper on LW with Steen.

Thoughts?

Administrator

Default Re: Trade: Taylor Hall - Should I offer anyone?

I would try swapping Steen for Hall. It might not work, but worth a shot to start the discussion.
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Tough one, I don't think there is a player of high-enough caliber to get this done in a 1-for-1 trade.
    I'd say best you can do is offer him to pick two of: Callahan, Schenn, Steen, T.Johnson, and Stepan.
    If he owns somebody like Stamkos (TB), he may actually have interest in Callahan/T.Johnson.

The Great One

First, if you were able to get Hall, he'd be your LW keeper over Steen.

The tough part is how to get him. I like Pengwin's suggestion. You don't have any player besides Giroux and Mackinnon worth swapping straight up, but you don't want to give either of them up, so try a 2-for-1 and then grab a replacement off the waiver wire to fill your empty roster spot.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I asked him what he wanted instead of proposing anything.

I may try Steen (or Backes/Callahan/Johnson)+ one of Seabrook, Carlson, Vatanen as he has a D that is droppable IMO.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    First, if you were able to get Hall, he'd be your LW keeper over Steen.

The tough part is how to get him. I like Pengwin's suggestion. You don't have any player besides Giroux and Mackinnon worth swapping straight up, but you don't want to give either of them up, so try a 2-for-1 and then grab a replacement off the waiver wire to fill your empty roster spot.

Not a keeper is it? in the 1 year league category. The only reason I could understand the OGM looking to move Hall.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's a limited keeper - 1 player per position. Guess he's not all that enthralled with Hall and I'm going to see if I can steal him. It's not like I initiated - he posted the message on the boards so I'll see what I can do.