Thread: HOW MUCH is Franson's current point total luck, and should we expect him to regress?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default HOW MUCH is Franson's current point total luck, and should we expect him to regress?

debating picking him up....
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Administrator

Default Re: HOW MUCH is Franson's current point total luck, and should we expect him to regress?

Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: HOW MUCH is Franson's current point total luck, and should we expect him to regress?

I don't care if the numbers say he's lucky, he's a nice pick up in a points only or roto leagues that count hits. Obviously, it depends on whom you have to drop. It's not like it's a surprise that he's putting up points. Clearly, he's not going to continue at this pace, but he's still got a history of putting up offensive numbers. Giddy up!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I don't care if the numbers say he's lucky, he's a nice pick up in a points only or roto leagues that count hits. Obviously, it depends on whom you have to drop. It's not like it's a surprise that he's putting up points. Clearly, he's not going to continue at this pace, but he's still got a history of putting up offensive numbers. Giddy up!
    He's definitely still worth having in most leagues. I argued as much in the ramblings last week. Just saying he's producing over his head right now and considering the OP's signature says he gets one move all year with two D counting and three D already rostered in Karlsson, Letang and Barrie you can see why I'd maybe steer him away from such a move.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

He will most definitely regress but I still expect a roughly 0.4 PPG pace the rest of the way. Big bonus for hits. If you care about +/-, I think his current positive value is misleading. He'll be a negative from now on.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.