Thread: E.Porier vs. T.Rattie

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default E.Porier vs. T.Rattie

Long term value in a G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SHP,GWG,SOG Head-to-Head league.

Who is the better keep boys?

Porier has the upside of a possibly higher scoring Lucic and in a better set up to succeed in Cow town

Rattie has the upside of a young Parise in a perfect world but has a wall of talent to break through with STL

E.Porierhttp://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=128977

T.Rattiehttp://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=26385

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: E.Porier vs. T.Rattie

I would take Rattie as he's been really impressive as a youngster in the AHL (42 goals in 91 games... ridiculous). Poirier has also been impressive in limited AHL action but I think he's going to be a bit of a wait. Rattie has already seen NHL action and I don't think Poirier will for a couple more years. Rattie is good enough to force his way onto the STL roster sooner rather than later. I don't see Poirier touching Lucic in terms of fantasy value, but I could be wrong.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am going to say Poirier.

Both have a ton of skill but I like the path Poirier has compared to Rattie, who still continues to have a hard time cracking a deep St. Louis lineup.

For what it's worth, Rattie is also 2 years older than Poirier so you really can't compare them and their time in the AHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    I would take Rattie as he's been really impressive as a youngster in the AHL (42 goals in 91 games... ridiculous). Poirier has also been impressive in limited AHL action but I think he's going to be a bit of a wait. Rattie has already seen NHL action and I don't think Poirier will for a couple more years. Rattie is good enough to force his way onto the STL roster sooner rather than later. I don't see Poirier touching Lucic in terms of fantasy value, but I could be wrong.
    Very good chance Poirier makes the team next year, if not the following year. Flames are really letting the young guys play and they're all blossoming.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am going to say Poirier.

Both have a ton of skill but I like the path Poirier has compared to Rattie, who still continues to have a hard time cracking a deep St. Louis lineup.

For what it's worth, Rattie is also 2 years older than Poirier so you really can't compare them and their time in the AHL.
    Although I also like the path that Poirier has compared to Rattie, I think Rattie has more upside and is a more talented player (it's close though). I'd roll the dice on Rattie, depending on how soon you want the production. Poirier will get his chance sooner, but Rattie may produce more.

Also Rattie is a '93 and Poirier a late '94, so not really two years.. but close enough I suppose.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

I really like both players too, I just think Poirier excites me a little more. Really a matter of personal preference. Rattie is buried in St. Louis whereas Poirier has a top line spot waiting for him. Schwartz, Tarasenko, and Lehtera will be their top line for the foreseeable future. They have too many young players entrenched in their spots.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    Long term value in a G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SHP,GWG,SOG Head-to-Head league.

Who is the better keep boys?

Porier has the upside of a possibly higher scoring Lucic and in a better set up to succeed in Cow town

Rattie has the upside of a young Parise in a perfect world but has a wall of talent to break through with STL

E.Porierhttp://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=128977

T.Rattiehttp://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=26385
    Poirier for me. For a bunch of reasons.

Like Jordyr said, Rattie has a lot to contend with in the future. He's not going to get the opportunities you'd like to see him get on a team like St Louis. I think he's going to get buried. He might be trade bait, in which case depending on the team that he's traded too, things could look better for him. But hoping on that is not a great idea.

Poirier is going to add a lot more PIM's than Rattie could ever hope to (although surprisingly he doesn't have any this season). He's a perfect player to fit into Calgary's future top 6, and what he's doing in the AHL is very impressive.

Now I'm a Flames fan so I'm biased, but I love Poirier. He's a guy that will make a name for himself soon enough.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Just want to say, in terms of talent this is not even close. Rattie is far far ahead in his puck skills, but that's not necessarily Poirer's game so I'm not really using it as a knock on him.

As to who I'd prefer to own, I think I'd go with Poirer. Much clearer path to the NHL, although I do think the Blues will try to find room for Rattie now that Tarasenko and Schwartz are taking their steps. But I love Poirer's upside in multi-cat leagues and like mentioned above there's a good chance he cracks the Flames lineup to start next season.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar