Thread: GK Schedule Grid

Dobber Sports Stud

Default GK Schedule Grid

A couple folks were kind enough to post links to some NHL schedule grids in this thread:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ut-FH-playoffs

But I'm wondering if anybody knows of a resource out there that is an up-to-date schedule grid tracking the actual goaltender that started each game?
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson
    3LW: A.Ovechkin, A.Svechnikov, T.Toffoli, V.Arvidsson
    3RW: P.Kane, B.Wheeler, B.Rust
    5D: R.Josi, J.Chychrun, M.Weegar, T.Chabot, R.Dahlin, R.Ristolainen, C.Murphy
    2G: F.Andersen, J.Binnington, C.Peterson
    2IR+: N.Bäckström

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: GK Schedule Grid

GK = Goal Keeper???

Dobber Sports Stud

Oops I guess I should've put Goaltender
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don't know about a grid format, but I use ESPN's team schedules because it lists the goalie.
    That gives me a quick visual as to how often a back-up gets rotated in.

For example, Detroit has Howard 4, then Gustavsson... then probably Howard for 3-5, then Gustavsson.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule...roit-red-wings
    Here, if Howard is healthy and playing OK, I'd look for Gustavsson's next start to be Sunday (a common rest day for NHL #1s) vs. Buffalo.

For San Jose, they start the season going back and forth.
    But apparently Niemi is going tonight, but the upcoming Sat/Sun ensures that Stalock will get one weekend start.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule...an-jose-sharks

I'm assuming this is your reason for asking.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I don't know about a grid format, but I use ESPN's team schedules because it lists the goalie.
    That gives me a quick visual as to how often a back-up gets rotated in.

For example, Detroit has Howard 4, then Gustavsson... then probably Howard for 3-5, then Gustavsson.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule...roit-red-wings
    Here, if Howard is healthy and playing OK, I'd look for Gustavsson's next start to be Sunday (a common rest day for NHL #1s) vs. Buffalo.

For San Jose, they start the season going back and forth.
    But apparently Niemi is going tonight, but the upcoming Sat/Sun ensures that Stalock will get one weekend start.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule...an-jose-sharks

I'm assuming this is your reason for asking.
    This schedule works pretty well. Yes I just wanted a visual to gauge/predict upcoming goalie starts.

Obviously back-to-backs would be the obvious times where the backup features, but having the schedule and goalie start history helps too.

The real reason is if I want to stream backups, I need to pick them up a day in advance because of my league's continuous waiver. And I can't use LeftWingLock or GoaliePost as well because obviously nobody knows who's first off the ice yet.

Thanks for the links!
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    W, SV, SV%

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Sure.
    Besides back-to-backs... coaches often give their #1 goalie a rest if there is ever a Sunday game.
    Must go hand-in-hand with the "day of rest" that some people grew up with.

I have similar leagues, where you need to pick your guy the day before.
    After a few months, you'll find you can feel the back-up guy's start coming.
    It becomes a skill.

Once you get good at it, you may end up like me... spending a good chunk of research time lining up favourable back-up goalie match-ups.
    (And THIS... rolling with back-ups... can be UBER-valuable because knowing you can do this allows you to build your team with the top skater unit in your league!!!)

Oh man, you are gonna get hooked!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Sure.
    Besides back-to-backs... coaches often give their #1 goalie a rest if there is ever a Sunday game.
    Must go hand-in-hand with the "day of rest" that some people grew up with.

I have similar leagues, where you need to pick your guy the day before.
    After a few months, you'll find you can feel the back-up guy's start coming.
    It becomes a skill.

Once you get good at it, you may end up like me... spending a good chunk of research time lining up favourable back-up goalie match-ups.
    (And THIS... rolling with back-ups... can be UBER-valuable because knowing you can do this allows you to build your team with the top skater unit in your league!!!)

Oh man, you are gonna get hooked!!!
    Great advice.

I need to start doing this as I've made some bad calls on starts already and my goalies have been getting shelled, tanking my league position.

In a 2 goalie league like mine, would you advise carrying 4 goalies total and streaming 1 or carrying 3? If I can pull this off then I can trade one of my goalies for more firepower up front.
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    W, SV, SV%