Thread: Dirtiest Goal You Scored

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Dirtiest Goal You Scored

What’s the worst goal you have scored? I mean by a stand point of in no way should it of counted but somehow did. I’ll give you an example.

Last night with about 8minutes left in the 3rd down 4-2 and literally playing against the most annoying goalie. He would fake an injury every time you got near him. This was getting under my skin because the game started at 11pm, and all his shenanigans were prolonging a late game. So when he ‘lost’ his stick it was far enough away where he had to leave the net, but not far enough away where he couldn’t reach for it with his leg in the crease. So skating by it to leave the zone I went to push it a bit further away from him but didn’t really move it, so I did it a second time. But the second time I actually had to kinda stop to do it, so it was pretty obvious. So now I’m skating up, around the top of the circles when a present gift wrapped ends up right in front of me. The puck had stuck on a patch of water, so tired and wanting to change I just spun and shot it at the net. Low and behold, the goalie went to get his stick in when this all happened so I had the open cage and scored.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Dirtiest Goal You Scored

They were all beauties. On the stat sheet, an end to end rush is no more valuable than a puck bouncing in off your ass.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    They were all beauties. On the stat sheet, an end to end rush is no more valuable than a puck bouncing in off your ass.
    ya i know, most of my goals are garbage clean up, but i just like hearing the stories of throwing it in the net, or a duchene offside goal
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Guru

My favourite type of dirty goal used to happen in a co-ed ball hockey league that is played inside a school gym. The league supplies plastic sticks, and the goalies can wear protection, but nothing that makes them bigger (so a chest protector is okay, but not shoulder pads). There's no faceoffs, penalties (play stops on a foul), powerplays, etc. Any time there is a stoppage of play, a team gets to take the ball from where it was when the foul happened. The defence can't touch the puck until the offence touches it.

Anyways, most of the time, the play starts from the corner. Most guys, when in the defensive zone, will just dump it down, but every once in a while you get a guy who believes they can stickhandle around the whole team. They like to make a move, and then cut in front of their net to try to run down the court. They put their stick in front of the ball when running so I can't get the ball.

My favourite move would be to wait until they got to the front of their own net, and then swipe at their stick with mine as they were running across the front of the net. My stick would force the opponent's stick back, and they would end up taking an unintentional backhand on their own unsuspecting goalie.

You'd be surprised how often that worked.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Demi-God

In my men's league, when our offense is struggling I'll occasionally end-over-end flip a puck from our own blue line or center ice towards the opposing goalie.
    Funny puck hops are something that NHL goalies can still handle 999/1000 times.
    But in beer league, goalies miss this sometimes.
    I've got two goals like this in my 12 years in Atlanta men's league. I probably do it 3-4 times per season x 12 years x 2 seasons/year.
    2 goals in about 84 attempts or so.
    That's a pretty good rate of scoring for something that might work 1/1000 times in the NHL.

It's a pretty bush league move... so I always act like I'm just dumping/changing... but it's intentional.

Dobber Sports Pro

The amount of goals, that I've scored from behind the goal line is absolutely gross.... catch the goalie off guard and snap it towards the net. Actually... I can't remember the last time I scored a nice goal haha.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Administrator

Made a sick dangle on a breakaway and scored while taking out the goalie brutally. So "dirty" has multiple meanings here. Non-intentional but the goalie was shaken up. It made us stop earlier than expected but we also started drinking earlier as a result. Win-win.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Ok so this one is more ugly than dirty...

A couple of seasons ago, I did a drop pass to my Dman as I carried the puck in the offensive zone, after passing the blue line. I was crashing the net while my Dman had the puck and then got tripped up and ended up falling at the side of the crease. The shot was taken from the point as I had an opposing D over me holding me down. I think at this point, the puck deflected off the goalie or a player and ended up falling a few inches from my face and the goalie's downed elbow. The notion of ‘’slow motion’’ was clearly perceived here as everything seemed so slow but probably unfolded in about 3-5 seconds. I tried to move closer but the D had me pinned down so I extended my neck to push the puck in while the goalie was down and scrambling for the puck along with other players. The refs only saw the puck in the net and called the goal as it stood. As much as the D that had me pinned down was complaining about what I had done, they could not overturn the call due to his arguments. I do not remember the final score but I did have a good laugh with my team when I returned to the bench!

I'm sure I can find some other ''dirty or ugly ones'' if I think about it, but this one was unforgettable.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Four years ago, while playing in a tourney, I scored a goal from the corner when I fired it out front and it hit the far defenseman, who was keeping an eye on my left winger, in the ass. The pass was way too high, obviously, and had no chance of doing anything positive until it hit the dman. It was so bad, my buddies still bring it up from time to time.

I score lots of garbage goals, but this one was real ugly.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy