Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brett Burns -- does any1 understand CBS position eligibility rules?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Brett Burns -- does any1 understand CBS position eligibility rules?

In other words, when if ever will he qualify as a D?

*As an aside, it seems to me CBS handed over responsibility for constructing its hockey website to an 8-yr-old, or an 80-yr-old. It's taken about 20 steps backwards since the last time i used it in 2012-13.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Brett Burns -- does any1 understand CBS position eligibility rules?

Every year I hear people's complaints about CBS, ESPN, Yahoo! Etc. Just move your leagues over to fantrax and be done with it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So I used Fantrax for the first time this season.

Previously and am still using Yahoo and ESPN.

Fantrax is AWFUL. I would never ever use it again. The fact that you have to pay for Fantrax? Makes it even worse.

Dobber Sports Genius

That's the exact opposite of what I've generally been hearing for the last few years. Admittedly, I haven't used anyone else for the past three seasons but unless they've made major improvements, they lag far behind. This Burns situation is the perfect example. As far as paying for their premium features, if you have a ten team league it comes out to about $8 per team...a year. $8 a year is more than worth it for me to pay for thief quality. Aside from paying 75 cents a month, what exactly do you prefer from the other sites over fantrax?

Dobber Sports Star

As far as I know, CBS as decided not to update positions this year.

We checked with them and tried to get an answer. It seemed like they didn't even know what they were doing.

Burns (among others) will probably only change posisions next year now.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    As far as I know, CBS as decided not to update positions this year.

We checked with them and tried to get an answer. It seemed like they didn't even know what they were doing.

Burns (among others) will probably only change posisions next year now.
    In that case, ignore my last post. It's clear that most would choose CBS over fantrax with that level of professionalism. Plus, you'll save 75 cents a month to boot.

I didn't say anything about CBS.

I said yahoo and ESPN are much better. Better UI, cleaner look, better mobile functionality, and I don't care what it costs, why pay for one thing when you can get something of equal or better quality for free.

Dobber Sports Genius

All you have to do is a quick search on this site and you'll see multiple threads of the same positional eligibility complaint for all of them (espn and yahoo! included). I don't recall that issue with fantrax at all. If 75 cents a months is all that consistency costs, I'll pay every time.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm not sure how he did it, but the commish in my league on cbs went in and changed Burns to be a D in our league.

I have no issues with ESPN position eligibilty.

Burns is a D, as he should be. Byfuglien is a forward, as he should be.

ESPN usually doesn't get it wrong, and if they do its fixed within a couple weeks. People "complain" about stuff like Byfuglien not having D eligibility still. That type of "consistency" I can do without. And I own Byfuglien. In a keeper league. Pretty sure he has D eligibility in Fantrax. I'd rather play in a league that properly slots players, instead of using a site that just makes every player eligible at every position.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Not only is he eligible at wing, but he is actually registering as defensive scoring. Our roto league separates forward and defensive scoring. We decided to manually move him to Defenseman using commish powers since CBS seemed rather uninterested after we pointed yet another glitch.

Dobber Sports Genius

That's fair enough but if Byfuglien does start playing games at D, how long will he's owners be ripped off the eligibility? It shouldn't take two weeks really. And what if he moonlights from F to D frequently?

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    That's fair enough but if Byfuglien does start playing games at D, how long will he's owners be ripped off the eligibility? It shouldn't take two weeks really. And what if he moonlights from F to D frequently?
    If he plays a shift or two on D a game, that's not play D, and shouldn't eligibility for that position. If the switch is made permanently, it won't take very long at all to take effect on either site.

Dobber Sports Genius

I wouldn't suggest a shift or two would necessitate a change. I mean actually playing significant time at both. Not talking PP time either as he already lines up on the point for most of their PPs.

Either way, I was with ESPN for almost a decade and they may have improved in the last three years since I've left, but it would take a lot from where they were for me to deny fantrax my 75 cents a month. It ember emailing ESPN and waiting ridiculous amounts of time for a response. They may have improved in that area but I do know that with fantrax premium features I'm replied to within a few hours everytime.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks, Marmot, you came the closest to answering question. Does anyone have an email address to the CBS administrator? I'm not bad at raising hell. As far as i understand it only the commish can contact the league, and our commish is a dick -- won't respond to my emails but because no one else wants to do job i can't really complain.
    I don't own Burns btw but just made a trade offer for him, offering Kesler. But, relative injury risk aside, it's not a clear winning trade unless he eventually gets the D designation.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius