Thread: Comparing new first liners: Parenteau & Scheifele.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Comparing new first liners: Parenteau & Scheifele.

PA Parenteau should be on the Hab's first line with Pac & Desharnais
    Scheifele should be on the Jets first line with Kane & Wheeler.

Parenteau seems like he has an inside chance at PP1 time, while I cant say the same for Scheifele (Little was PP Center last year).

Who is your money on to have the better fantasy season?
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Comparing new first liners: Parenteau & Scheifele.

Well... they are both sort of the "3rd wheel" on their lines.
    But there IS a big difference.

re: Scheifele
    Winnipeg let Olli Jokinen walk because they feel Scheif is completely ready to be a top 2 center for them.
    Top. two. center.
    Winnipeg has wingers: Ladd, Wheeler, E.Kane, Buff.
    Which means that Scheif is playing with some combination of these guys + possibly PP2 time.

re: PAP.
    He's the 3rd wheel as a winger on the top line.
    But, he's no lock to stay a top winger. PAP got benched and dropped on COL last year.
    He's put up good numbers feeding of an ELITE player like Tavares.
    But... it's no guarantee that he stays on that line all year.
    In fact, if that line sputters at all, the first guy to be moved is probably PAP in favour of a more explosive winger.
    With Galchenyuk & Gallagher on this team, there's a good likelihood they'll end up on top line for a while.

Shorter summary:
    Scheifele, to have a big year, IMO. 58-62pts.

PAP: <44pts.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Scheifele for sure. He will be given every opportunity. Can't say the same for PA.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

My money is on Sheifele also. The fact they are considering him to play on the 1st line at his age speaks volumes of his upside especially in keeper/dynasty leagues. P.A. has no upside, he is what he is, a journeyman wiger that rides the backs of his linemates. I see Gallagher taking his spot on the 1st line by the end of Nov.
    ​16 TEAM H2H DYNASTY. G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK, STP - W, SV, GAA, SV%
    START 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2UTIL, 2G

C = MONAHAN, BRASSARD, ZIBANJAD, R. O'REILLY, TROCHECK, W. KARLSSON, A. LOWRY
    RW = GALLAGHER, HORNQVIST, KESSEL, A. TUCH, O. KASE, R. PANIK,
    LW = JT MILLER, PACIORETTY, GUENTZEL, RNH, GALCHENYUK, KREIDER, T. JOHNSON
    D = LETANG, FAULK, DUMBA, MANSON, MAYFIELD, J. JOHNSON, OEL, A. LARSSON, COLE
    G = BOBROVSKY, RASK, BISHOP, KEUMPER

FARM TEAM
    F = J. GAUTHIER, J. ROBERTSON, S. BOWERS, F. HALLANDER, M. KAUT
    D = K. CLAGUE, C. ADDISON, N. HAGUE, CERNAK
    G = SODERSTROM, MONTEMBEAULT, L. DOSTAL

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Well... they are both sort of the "3rd wheel" on their lines.
    But there IS a big difference.

re: Scheifele
    Winnipeg let Olli Jokinen walk because they feel Scheif is completely ready to be a top 2 center for them.
    Top. two. center.
    Winnipeg has wingers: Ladd, Wheeler, E.Kane, Buff.
    Which means that Scheif is playing with some combination of these guys + possibly PP2 time.

re: PAP.
    He's the 3rd wheel as a winger on the top line.
    But, he's no lock to stay a top winger. PAP got benched and dropped on COL last year.
    He's put up good numbers feeding of an ELITE player like Tavares.
    But... it's no guarantee that he stays on that line all year.
    In fact, if that line sputters at all, the first guy to be moved is probably PAP in favour of a more explosive winger.
    With Galchenyuk & Gallagher on this team, there's a good likelihood they'll end up on top line for a while.

Shorter summary:
    Scheifele, to have a big year, IMO. 58-62pts.

PAP: <44pts.
    Totally agree with P7, EXCEPT for Scheifele's projected numbers. If he gets to 55 points this season, that would be a very good year for him.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by IronCityCap87 View Post
    My money is on Sheifele also. The fact they are considering him to play on the 1st line at his age speaks volumes of his upside especially in keeper/dynasty leagues. P.A. has no upside, he is what he is, a journeyman wiger that rides the backs of his linemates. I see Gallagher taking his spot on the 1st line by the end of Nov.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCityCap87 View Post
    I have to disagree about Parenteau having no upside. 53 points, 67 points, and 43 in 48 games. Yes he was playing with great centers those years (first two Tavares, last one Duchene), but the numbers are there. He doesn't have a player of that caliber to play with in Montreal, so now we'll see if he's capable of producing a little more on his own. He did manage 33 points in 55 games last season, a 50 point pace, playing mostly down the lineup in Colorado. He's a good PP player, but only managed 3 points there last year....if he gets top unit time, look for 15-ish points. Even a mediocre output at ES can put him around 50 points.

So how much do you believe in Scheifele? Yes he'll have good linemates at ES, but the lack of PP time is going to hurt him. He's not unseating Little for the top spot.....so his wingers will be some combination of two of Ladd, Wheeler, Kane, and...Frolik? Perreault? I don't know if I buy Scheif pushing 60 points with that sort of PP time. Last season the 2nd unit guys in Winnipeg were like 5-10 point guys on the PP....so Scheif is going to blow up and score 50 points at ES? I don't know, that's a lot to expect from a 21 year old.

That being said, Scheifele WILL have a longer leash than Parenteau. What has been said above is true....if PA hits a cold streak, he'll be moved off of the top line. If Scheif goes 10 games with 2 points, he'll stay in the 2C spot. He's a likely choice for 50 points, while Parenteau is only a "maybe" to get that number. So go with Scheifele.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

I wouldn't have PAP on the first line set in stone. That would probably be the softest first line in the league. Habs brass love the room that Gallagher creates for Patches and DD by banging and crashing. I'd look for the top line to remain the same as last year. Now, PP1 time is a different story and PAP may find considerable minutes on the top PP unit.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Schiefele, even though he will be on the 2nd line.. Little, Ladd, and Frolik are still #1..

Parenteau probably won't last with Patches and Desharnais, they need some sandpaper on that line..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..