Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blockbuster rejected- right call?

The Great One

Default Blockbuster rejected- right call?

Hey guys- just wanted an outside perspective-

Had an offer on the table- my MacKinnon/2nd overall prospect (Bennett)/Turris
    for
    AO/12th overall prospect/Krejci

Weekly lineups- cats are G, A, PPP, FOW, Sogs, Hits, Blocks. Its a keep 12 with 3 man farm.

Just felt like Mack and Bennett was a tad high for AO at this point especially with Macks dual eligbility we count C/RW/LW.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Blockbuster rejected- right call?

Long term in a few years it would probably be the right call, but if you were one of the top teams now, then that trade might have won the league for you. Ovi is a monster with those league cats so I probably would've been tempted to go for it if the team was really close.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nothing wrong with that trade.

People place far to much weight on their lofty expectations of young players. Mack will likely never be as valuable as AO is NOW in a league with those stats.

Turris + Bennett is roughly equal to Krejci + 12th
    12 Team Keeper (keep 15)

Team:
    C - Giroux , Stepan, Backstrom, Fisher, Lethera,
    L - Parise, JVR, Perron
    R - Voracek, Kessel, Hornqvist, Yak, Coyle
    D - Subban, Doughty, Shattenkirk, Buff (RW), Burns (RW), Savard

G - Holtby, Rinne, Darling

12 Team Daily H2H Keeper league with Fantrax
    Roster (14 Kept Players + Prospect for that year - Coyle): 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench
    Categories:
    Skaters -
    G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, FOW, SOG, HIT, BLOCK
    Goaltenders -
    W, S, GAA, SV%

Prospects - Grigorenko, Krug, Gibson, Duclair, Carrick, Pirri, S. Bennett, B. Bennett, A. Burakovsky, A. lee, B. Ritchie, Pearson, C. Murphy, Plotnikov, Carrick, Hellebuyck

The Great One

I hear ya- i feel like my team sucks- lmao! Its tough to tell though- 16 team leagues are kind of tricky to gauge- cause everyones got holes on their team. Im gonna at least take a shot at it this year which is why I was considering it- but also really stoked I got MacK :P

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by dwestbro View Post
    Nothing wrong with that trade.

People place far to much weight on their lofty expectations of young players. Mack will likely never be as valuable as AO is NOW in a league with those stats.

Turris + Bennett is roughly equal to Krejci + 12th
    No it was a decent offer for sure. I highly disagree with the Krejci/12th being worth Turris/2nd though. I think with AO in there its comparable but not many people are gonna move Bennet and Turris for Krejci/12th.

EDIT: Imho I mean- and thanks for replying!

Dobber Sports Genius

whew I dunno, your league doesn't count +- and does count HITS and SOG, basically AO is the best guy to own in that format, I also like Krejci over Turris. Close call with those settings, I know everyone is super high on Mack (myself included) but I may have taken that one. If you're rebuilding or not competing I could see it being something you'd decline though.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

The Great One

Ill post full team for context. Like I said I wanna go for it- but realistically I dont feel like this is a "one trade away from a title" type of squad- lol!

C- Stastny, Turris, Nielsen,
    RW- Seguin(C), MacK(C), Hornqvist
    LW- Perron(RW), MacArthur, Tanguay(RW)
    D- Hedman, Letang, Schultz, Voynov, MacDonald, Gelinas
    G- Holtby, Elliot
    Bnch- Fleischman(LW), Johansson(C/LW), Lehtera(C), Ward, Raanta

I feelk like:

C is very mediocre- not bad but not great especially considering Ill be starting seguinMack on the wing whenever possible for the FOW discrepancy.
    RW is obviously a strength.
    LW is laughably bad and unfortunately this trade does nothing to address that- and in fact Id have less resources to address this.
    D- I am happy with- Voynov/MacDonald are not sexy names but they have very decent HPG rankings in this format based on hits/blocks. Gelinas is a wildcard but in a 16 team- starting 6 D apiece there are worth bottom of the roster options.
    G- Obviously I dont have a solid tier 1 goalie- but again in a 16 team start 2 format I feel like I did "OK". My hope is hat they are good enought o not be losing weeks for me. Some guys running with only one starter.

So yea- like i said-0 feels pretty mediocre- not sure an AO blockbuster changes that.

Am i missing something- should I re-visit this? Or just take Bennett and run? :P

Dobber Sports Deity

MacKinnon < Ovechkin
    2nd > 12th
    Turris < Krejci

I would have wanted the Ovechkin side, especially if you are in a win now mode.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

To be honest, this thread starter is unclear.
    Did the league shoot down this trade?
    Or did the other team shoot down this trade?
    Or did you shoot down this trade?

Clean it up (with Orbitz!!)

Dobber Sports Stud

in my eyes. Whenever you have a chance to land a guy like Ove, Crosby, Stamkos or Malkin you pretty much have to do it. Mackinnon vs. Ove is tough to tell at this point but you can pretty much guarantee Ove will still be very relevant for a bunch of years to come.

I don't think it was the "wrong" choice to turn down the trade but I probably would have went for it as I also like Krejci.

But if you're rebuilding, then maybe not

Hey! I am in this league, this has never happened before lol.
    Honestly I would have taken it, I'm not big on prospects.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ovi is far and wide the best player in your set up. Even if he regresses in the next three years to a 60 point 30 goal guy at let's say 32... with Hits/SOG he would still be top 10 and provide argueable more value then Mack. Your call but I would be want to secure the best player in your league if I was you, then build around that pillar.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    To be honest, this thread starter is unclear.
    Did the league shoot down this trade?
    Or did the other team shoot down this trade?
    Or did you shoot down this trade?

Clean it up (with Orbitz!!)
    I rejected- I mean realistically its probably still open- I just dont feel like a contender at all- added my team a few posts up- and not sure AO/Krejci gets me there.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Ill post full team for context. Like I said I wanna go for it- but realistically I dont feel like this is a "one trade away from a title" type of squad- lol!

G- Holtby, Elliot

I feelk like:

C is very mediocre- not bad but not great especially considering Ill be starting seguinMack on the wing whenever possible for the FOW discrepancy.
    LW is laughably bad and unfortunately this trade does nothing to address that- and in fact Id have less resources to address this.
    D- I am happy with- Voynov/MacDonald are not sexy names but they have very decent HPG rankings in this format based on hits/blocks. Gelinas is a wildcard but in a 16 team- starting 6 D apiece there are worth bottom of the roster options.
    G- Obviously I dont have a solid tier 1 goalie- but again in a 16 team start 2 format I feel like I did "OK". My hope is hat they are good enought o not be losing weeks for me. Some guys running with only one starter.

So yea- like i said-0 feels pretty mediocre- not sure an AO blockbuster changes that.

Am i missing something- should I re-visit this? Or just take Bennett and run? :P
    Your teams not that bad.. LW is a huge Weakness, you can work with those Centers and Goaltending could actually be really good this year if everything pans out for Holtby/Elliott. There are no guarrantees in fantasy hockey but a few good breaks (your goalies) and you could compete in a 16 team, and Ovi certaintly gives you the firepower to do so.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post

G- Holtby, Elliot

I feelk like:

Your teams not that bad.. LW is a huge Weakness, you can work with those Centers and Goaltending could actually be really good this year if everything pans out for Holtby/Elliott. There are no guarrantees in fantasy hockey but a few good breaks (your goalies) and you could compete in a 16 team, and Ovi certaintly gives you the firepower to do so.