Thread: Evander Kane

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Evander Kane

Anyone think he could have a breakout this season? Dobber has him down for more of the same, but I like him on a line with Wheeler and Scheifele, and with some of the criticism he's facing that could light a fire. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Evander Kane

I'm thinking he'll break out this season, but I've been thinking that for a few seasons now. There is zero reason why he shouldn't if he remains healthy.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Genius

I do believe this guy has another gear he hasn't reached yet, but I'm starting to think we won't see it unless he's shipped from the Peg
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Third year in a row drafting E. Kane waiting for "the year". I value him for his SOG alone which is just under elite levels. If he ever had a 40G year to go with those shots we would get off his back! I consider him the "cheaper OVI" Not counting PPP I know. I am not comparing him to OVI but in a roto league you are adding points and to be honest Kane has a ton of value toward your totals that you get out of OVI but with almost no cost! compared to getting OVI with the first 1-5 picks.
    OVI 50 G 30 A 380 SOG 200 Hits 1st round
    Kane 30 G 30 A 280 SOG 200 Hits 9th round (for me)

Here is to him doing it finally!!

Steve
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The continued development of Scheifele and switching Buff to forward should help him. He will have much better team mates this year than he has had in the past few.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
    The continued development and switching Buff to forward should help him. He will have much better team mates this year than he has had in the past few.
    For Sure, Hell it is hard to carry a line with Setoguchi as your line mate
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If Winnipeg sticks with this line for majority of the year:
    E.Kane - Scheifele - Wheeler
    Then yes... he could be in for a monster year.
    The PP is also an issue as Evander still hasn't found his "comfy spot" on the WPG PP.

The youngster, Scheif, is going to take his C2 role very serious and play a defensive game.
    I'm not sure how many points he'll put up, but it will give the wingers EK and Biggie Funke (yes, they call him this) big opps to roam free, take some risks, and create.
    It could be a very dynamite line... and even Scheif could be in a lot of second assists.

In the past, Evander Kane has had some straight rotten linemates that just didn't click with him.
    He's a polarizing player, even on the ice.
    I've always said he has great heads-down speed and drive, but his pace of play is often (IMO) so fast that it doesn't gel well with other more methodical guys (like a O.Jokinen).

Scheif & Wheeler, being younger, could be a very nice fit.
    It's this line or bust though... because I don't see E.Kane clicking with Buff and/or Little.

He's a keeper in any league - because eventually he'll POP... with the right linemates.
    It's all there... but he's just that high-maintenance girlfriend that's not right for every guy.

Dobber Sports Stud

Anyways he seems to think he can score 50 in a season...
    http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/09/1...score-50-goals

I would be the first to be happy, but let's put the expectations at 30 goals to start. I think that Scheifele and Wheeler would be BY FAR his best linemates in his career.
    If the chemistry is there, the upside is really intriguing. If the experiment fails, I hope he gets shipped out of the Peg or I drop him in my points-only keeper league next season.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I strongly feel Kane gets his career high in points this season, providing he stays healthy..

I hope he is playing tonight as I will be at the Jets/Wild game tonight..

Kane's line mates the past few seasons include: Wellwood, O.Jokinen, O'Dell, Antropov, Ponikorovski, Tangradi, and even Chris Thorburn..

Now he gets Scheifele and Wheeler!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I strongly feel Kane gets his career high in points this season, providing he stays healthy..

I hope he is playing tonight as I will be at the Jets/Wild game tonight..

Kane's line mates the past few seasons include: Wellwood, O.Jokinen, O'Dell, Antropov, Ponikorovski, Tangradi, and even Chris Thorburn..

Now he gets Scheifele and Wheeler!!
    Totally agree with this. Hard to imagine him not putting up a career year this season, provided he can stay relatively healthy.

Unfortunately, you won't see him tonight, but you'll get to see Ehlers, Morrissey, Petan and that new top line of Ladd/Little/Buff.

Here's tonight's lineup:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...ce=d-top-story

Dobber Sports Wizard

If he's going to breakout, this is the best season for him to do so. There's been very little progression in his game thus far as he pretty much is what he is.....skate up the ice, head down, bury the puck in the goalie's crest from the top of the circles. Do it enough times, eventually some of them go in. I'm just not impressed with Kane. The talent is there, but the hockey smarts and effort just....isn't.

So do I see him magically breaking out for 70+ points? No. Can he get 30 goals and 60 points? Ya, probably. He's come close before. Having a full season with Wheeler will be huge for him.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar