It's a 24 team H2H, points only but PP points are worth more, start 6 forwards, 3 d-men and 1 goalie, max 5 player bench and max 6 player farm team. For the auction, we each have a 150$ bugdet, then it's a draft to fill out your bench and get some prospects for your farm.

First off, here were my 4 keepers and my farm team, before auction/draft, with the cost to keep each player in (). (to keep a player, you need to pay last season's price + 5$, so if you got a player for 20$ last year, you need to pay 25$ to keep him).

R.O'Reilly (20)
A.Hemsky (8)
C.MacArthur (5)
M.Niskanen (5)

And my farm had :

G.Nyquist
E.Lindholm
T.Rattie
R.Murphy
N.Zadorov

So I had 112$ left for the auction, in which we fill out our starting roster (so I needed 3 forwards, 2 d-men and a goalie)

I started out by taking Lundqvist at 18$
Then Enstrom at 18$ also, which started a running gag of me always wnting to pay every player 18$...
Then N.Backstrom for 61$, which ended the 18$ gag
Much later, I got O.Maatta for 3$
Then T.Purcell for 3$
and finally C.Atkinson for 1$

At the draft, I had picks in every round except the 4th. I took :

1st rnd, 8th overall : W.Nylander
2nd round, around 40th overall : D.Kuemper
3rd round, around 65th overall : D.Smith-Pelley
5th round : Z.Bogosian
6th round : K.Hayes

And to finish off my bench, I took A.Burrows

So end product :

F: N.Backstrom, R.O'Reilly, A.Hemsky, C.MacArthur, T.Purcell, C.Atkinson
D: T.Enstrom, M.Niskanen, O.Maatta
G: H.Lundqvist

Bench : A.Burrows, D.Smith-Pelley, K.Hayes, Z.Bogosian, D.Kuemper

Farm: G.Nyquist, E.Lindholm, W.Nylander, T.Rattie, R.Murphy, N.Zadorov

My first impression is that, while not necessarily a contender, my tean isn't all that bad, which, if I don't make the real playoffs will help me a lot in the loser playoffs to get a high draft pick... also, Maatta, Smith-Pelley, Atkinson, Hayes and Purcell get to be potentially very cheap keepers for next year.

Any other thoughts?