Thread: Brett Burns

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Brett Burns

Play keep 13 roto league, standards cats plus hits pims blocks.

Ive been offered a trade of burns and vanek for RNH.

Gots me thinking about Burns this season, FHG has him ranked reasonably high and I can see me playing him as one of my wings, whilst he racks up blocks and hits like a D man - giving me a leg up in several cats.

Does anyone have an opinion on what to expect from him? Would about 12-35 (20 on pp) 200 or so shots, 60 pims, 100 blocks, 120 shots seem reasonable?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Brett Burns

Might be a little high on PIMs but I think quite low on shots (closer to 200). But yeah, seems like a reasonable project. Who do you have to drop?

Edit: Ah I see you put shots in twice - maybe you meant 120 blocks. In which case I see little room to argue with your estimates.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don’t quite like Burns, mostly because his position eligibility in fantasy. It was said he’ll be defense this yr and with the exit of Boyle, it’s pretty simple to see that’s where he is. But Yahoo! and others still have him as a forward. But that’s beside the point.

I’m thinking similar numbers as Suter minus points, where Suter will flirt with 55, Burns will be in the 40s. Burns will be used as a shutdown D guy I think in the SJ system. Going up against top guys, and he’ll lean on his size a bit more than before to shut them down. Burns gets 40 more hits than Suter (2 a week?).

Burns Corsi was really good, and he was against good competition too. Something tells me MEV eats into the Boyle numbers. Look for the same Corsi as last yr with more defensive zone starts for Burns, and MEV to start more in the offensive zone.

40pts (15-20ppp), 150-175 shots, 40 PIMs (won’t “fight” as much, need him on the ice), blocks I can’t predict tho. There is talk he’ll be a forward on the PP2 tho, which could hurt his numbers actually.

Administrator

I'd want to know who you'd have to drop, what your keeper situation looks like in this keep 13, and your general roster make up.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Burns will be used as a shutdown D guy I think in the SJ system. Going up against top guys, and he’ll lean on his size a bit more than before to shut them down.
    Burns will be the Sharks offensive dman if he spends the whole year as a dman. The Sharks already have two of the best defensive dmen in the NHL in Marc Edouard Vlasic and Justin Braun. Burns is going to get the ice time that is available with the departure of Dan Boyle. This will mean a lot of offensive zone starts as well as the QB on the 1st PP unit.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Burns will be the Sharks offensive dman if he spends the whole year as a dman. The Sharks already have two of the best defensive dmen in the NHL in Marc Edouard Vlasic and Justin Braun. Burns is going to get the ice time that is available with the departure of Dan Boyle. This will mean a lot of offensive zone starts as well as the QB on the 1st PP unit.
    concur. I wouldn't be surprised if he is in the range of 45-50 points if not a bit higher, with a good amount of ppp. add that to his healthy peripherals and you have a good keeper. My league does not give a defensive bonus, so it is generally better to keep fowards, but with a defenceman that can put up points and provide peripherals in this amount, its worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and its Brent Burns
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Pro

i've always put Burns in 40-45 pts range even when he was im Minny. He has 2 season over 40 pts in his career..

I'm an owner of him and i'm really happy to see him back to D

like other said, 45-50 is the maximum for him and if he reach 40 i'll be really happy !
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hi all,

Few Q's re who I would have to drop for Burns. That would be Callahan - who himself is a handy roto player who throws hits around. But wont block nearly as much as Burns on D.

Dobber Sports Initiate

don't do that.

why don't you list the rest of your players and let us make the decision for you. lol.

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ntrspctv View Post
    don't do that.

why don't you list the rest of your players and let us make the decision for you. lol.
    C: Crosby Backstrom RNH
    W: Kane Kessell Pavelski Johansen Callahan
    D: OEL Phaneuf Letang
    Farm: Drouin Gibson R Smith

Drops: Little Schwartz Carlson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by teepee1 View Post
    C: Crosby Backstrom RNH
    W: Kane Kessell Pavelski Johansen Callahan
    D: OEL Phaneuf Letang
    Farm: Drouin Gibson R Smith

Drops: Little Schwartz Carlson
    I'm hesitant to keep Johansen over Little. I think Brian Little does a little more than Johansen, especially with your league being a roto.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
    I'm hesitant to keep Johansen over Little. I think Brian Little does a little more than Johansen, especially with your league being a roto.
    RJ shoots and hits a lot more than little and hot more ppp last season. Also I'm assists heavy with backy RNH and Sid so that's why I liked RJs goals. If given the chance I will redraft Little with confidence.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Johansen may not play this year