Thread: Team Audit with a rep benefit

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Team Audit with a rep benefit

Oh how the goliath like have fallen. I was 1st in the regular season by miles for the first 2 yrs of our league, finished 1st in the playoffs in yr one, and lost in the finals yr 2. Now its yr 3 and my team looks pretty weak. My WHOLE plan going in was to take Elliot and Allen and have a sick duo then Rask, except some other GM must of seen me pick Elliot 1st round of the redraft and snagged Allen round 10 (1 round before I was going to, about 3 rounds before he usually goes). This is me asking about a team Audit.

Pos
    Forwards/Defensemen
    C Steven Stamkos TB - C 
    C Nicklas Backstrom Was - C 
    LW James van Riemsdyk Tor - LW 
    LW Evgeny Kuznetsov Was - C,LW
    RW Jakub Voracek Phi - RW 
    RW Blake Wheeler Wpg - RW
    D Erik Karlsson Ott - D 
    D John Carlson Was - D
    D Andrej Sekera Car - D
    D Danny DeKeyser Det - D
    BN Vladimir Tarasenko StL - RW
    BN Valtteri Filppula TB - C,LW
    BN Clarke MacArthur Ott - LW
    BN Hampus Lindholm Anh - D
    Pos
    Goaltenders
    G Tuukka Rask Bos - G 
    G Brian Elliott StL - G
    BN Cam Ward Car - G

Right after the draft a GM asked about Voracek and I only like Couture on his team. I’m working on a trade with him right now (there’s a thread I started Voracek vs Couture). I’m pretty much trying to squeeze a draft pick upgrade from him right now.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Default Re: Team Audit with a rep benefit

If this was a points only league, I'd start planning your victory party. But with your categories your team still looks like a clear top five squad, but some holes might keep you from being in the top two. You're hurting a bit in FOW, as Backstrom and Stamkos will likely fall outside of the top 20 and none of your wingers take them regularly. And your defense depth is thin beyond Karlsson, as a guy like Carlson won't shine with these categories and the other guys you have might not help you in PPP.

My advice is in a league like yours where only 170 players are owned there will be some big value on the waiver wire, so look to grab winners there. That will give you depth to trade from strength in order to shore up your issues, such as in net, on D, and in particular categories.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

4th-6th place team.
    Like: Offense, Main goalies.
    Dislike: Lack of FOW from the wings, Cam Ward.

Dump Cam Ward. He may help your SV, but will destroy your GAA/SV% and won't get many Wins.
    Better to use that on a skater that can help.

Dobber Sports Pro

You've got a great core for your offensive categories.
    Consider moving/dropping guys like Lindholm and Dekeyser for guys who will help you in the PIM dept.
    If you can get Couture for Voracek that will help your FW. Be prepared to give a bit more than just Voracek though.
    Dump Cam Ward. Elliott should get most of the starts for a while and the guy with Allen will probably drop him out of frustration of lack of starts. Grab Allen then.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Giant

Not too sure what the other teams look like but I am in a 16-team league (see team in sig.) and with my roster (which I feel is slightly stronger than yours) I do not think I can win every given year.

With that said, Pengwin brings up a great point about the lack of FOW, especially not having the potential to generate some with your wingers besides Filppula (dual eligibility).

Also, who are the goalies on the Allen owner's team? I would be tempted to trade him Elliott for his main starter ++ (assuming his main starter is a top 6-12 goalie). If you think you can land Allen for a lesser price, by all means go for it.

Laslty, acquiring Couture would be a good move IMO. I think he will bounce back nicely this year and he is flying under some managers' radars so now is the time to get him. I like Voracek, but I prefer Couture.

Overall, you have a good team, but without seeing the rest of the league, I can't really give your team a precise grading.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Agree with what's been said so far, I think you need support guys to help you in the secondary categories like FOW, PIM, +/-. And for the love of gawd man, drop Cam Ward already!
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot