Default It's Audit Month!

Do you guys like doing team audits?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

I...am your father.

Default Re: It's Audit Month!

They're pretty time consuming. I prefer the quicker questions. But if someone is new to fantasy hockey and posts his very first team, I enjoy helping. Oh, and I also enjoy helping if someone takes over a crappy team and a serious rebuild is needed.
    Not so much - when a defending champion or a guy who finished second or third is looking for a team audit
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Audits.
    Ha!
    I agree with Dobber.
    Time consuming.

Which is funny, because I can't even guess at how many audits I've done over the years... only to have [....] show up in my one month of fluffy break posts to give me shit about watering down the forums.

I do audits when I have time.
    I like them as a challenge, because I try to forecast where people will finish.
    (And believe it or not, I do this in an effort to be helpful/truthful.)
    Audits always feel like the most UNREWARDING of forum posts.
    Predict a guy to finish 4th-6th... guess what... he is NOT going to show up at end of season to let you know you nailed it.
    But predict a guy to finish 10th... and if he finishes first he'll show up to tell you all about it.
    Audit 100 teams... and only the two teams that you missed badly will show up at end of season to remind you.
    You could have a 75% hit rate, but only the 25% show up to "rate your product" with 1 star.
    LOL.

A full review of somebody's settings (first), then team (second), then strategy recommendations for in-year-management (third)... yeah, time consuming reply for sure.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don’t really mind them, but it’s more to pass the time and help me on players I might have overlooked. I try and remember to go back and comment on them. I do try not to instantly reply back haha, seems to kill the thread. But still learning the ropes of Dobber I think I finally found what to do, and the finer etiquette of this forum.

For admins to comment on my audits I do really appreciate it. They are a lot more knowledgable than I am, and point out things I missed. Pengwin thanks for mine on the Keeper thread earlier today btw, much appreciated. Some people do get defensive when told “that was a bad player to pick at 15th” or “your team will finish 10th” (can’t say I haven’t been mad when reading one ahah) but I really do like the input.

Some peoples’ tho really do piss me off. It’s more of a “Look who I drafted. My teams amazing!” than trying to actually get some input.

I love reading the replies in audit threads, especially when someone ^^^^ posts something in-depth about every position and the strengths and weaknesses.
    I find some of the easiest threads to reply to are when there are replacement offers after the draft since we can't exactly change how we drafted and suggesting a trade offer without being in the league is pretty difficult. But if Jimmy drafted Cam Ward with his very last pick and Rask is still an FA, well, we can advise him to snag Rask!!!

Dobber Sports Pro

I love doing audits. Hard to do them during the day at work but there are some great tools out there (FHG) to help do a deep audit.
    They're time consuming but I find it's a great opportunity to learn myself as well as help someone.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't mind helping out guys that took over crappy teams and try and figure out ways to improve the team.
    Its best to post league categories, how many teams in league, if you want audit done as it makes a difference.
    There is so much tremendous help in the Dobber community,
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

The Great One

I like when people audit my team. Does that count?

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't go into the details as much as some other guys, because it is time-consuming. But I like looking at a team and giving quick thoughts (ie- where they are weak, guys that are undervalued, etc.).

For example, someone might post their team in a league that counts a bunch of categories (including faceoffs), and bold their keepers and keep Vermette off their list. It's good to tell (remind) the person that Vermette is a great faceoff guy and might be worth keeping, especially if they don't have any other great faceoff guys.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like reading them, just because when smart people are talking, I like to absorb what they have to say, even if it doesn't directly involve me. I don't do them. I might throw in a comment here and there, but I generally don't have to time to do a full breakdown. I don't ask for audits, because honestly I have a tendency to do things my own way in fantasy hockey, and I am not going to ask for a bunch of advice, only to ignore half of it and do my own thing. Seems unfair to the person putting in their time.